First, this hotel claims to be the an Airport Hotel, but it is 8 miles away in a region that is considered one of the most violent of NJ. It cost me $ 35 to get a taxi because the courtesy van was not available when ordered.
After the very first uncomfortable night and continuous noises in the hallway, fights and people talking (inside room you can hears all the other rooms and hallway), I left the hotel for an appointment at a company in Newark, when I returned by 01:00pm, when I tried to pass my card to open the main door of the hotel, it did not work, when I went to the receptionist she informed me very angry that I should have left until 10:00 am, I told her saying that my reservation was good until next day, and again, the clerk very angry kept telling me, it was only for one night and I would have to pay for an extra night if I wanted my luggage back.
After insisting several times and asked to look at the hotel's computer, I ask to verify between the roles of my booking if there was a copy of my book I have gave the receptionist when I arrived. Noting that the paper that was attached to my reservation and they clearly said that my reservation was for two days, then she started to apologize saying it was not her fault.
When I asked for my luggage saying I wanted to leave, she informed me that she did not know where it was. They took 10 minutes to hand me over. When I gave lack of several things, shoes, deodorant, medicine, $ 85 that were in a pair, about $ 10 in coins that had changed the day before and was over the bedroom desk, but mainly receipts and papers which were surveys that did for the company that hired me with information to which I would be paid. When I asked for everything, she told me that just threw everything in the TRASH.
After another 10 minutes she brought me some of my papers, I'd say 30% of what I had before, nothing of the shoe, deodorant, medicine, money and papers. The papers still brought me were all wet and dirty.
I'll pass on this information and evidence, booking, photos of dirt, wet and dirty papers, the official hotel of Engraving left the phone where it said I had lost my luggage, and the testimony of another guest who saw the events to my lawyer.
I hope before have to file a lawsuit to be reimburse all my lost things, the the second daily I paid but I could not use, receipts with $ 350 that were thrown away by the hotel and for that reason I could not get the company that hired me to pay me back, the, the $19.33 I paid for the Super Shuttle to take to the La Guardia airport in the next day and I could not use it, because I had to expending the next night sleeping in a chair at the airport , $ 95 U.S. dollars in cash that disappeared from my stuff and also a moral compensation throughout the inconveniences and abuses I suffered.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport Hotel Irvington
- Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Americas Best Value Inn at Newark International Airport is located less 10 miles from New York City and only four miles from the Newark Liberty International Airport (Airport Code - EWR) with free 24-hour shuttle service from Terminal P4, making the hotel ideal for lodging accommodations while visiting New York City or the Newark area. Our hotel is near downtown Newark and the local educational and health care districts. We also offer easy access to famous New York City attractions like Times Square, Central Park, Ground Zero, Theatre District, Empire State Building and the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center. Our hotel is minutes from Newark attractions like the Meadowlands Arena (Giants/Jets Stadium), New Jersey Performing Arts Center, Statue of Liberty, and Jersey Gardens Outlet Mall, the area's largest outlet mall. All guest rooms come equipped with desks areas, irons, ironing boards, cable television with premium channels, including HBO and ESPN, free wired and wireless high-speed Internet along with free phone calls anywhere in the U.S. Refrigerator, microwaves and rollaway beds are also available. A deluxe complimentary continental breakfast is served daily from 6am - 9am. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, Americas Best Value Inn at Newark International Airport provides the ideal lodging accommodation for all who arrive in the Newark/New York area. Our friendly, experienced and courteous staff is available 24-hours and is eager to make your stay with us a memorable experience. We look forward to seeing you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, HostelBookers, getaroom.com, Vantage Hospitality, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.