“no hope hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Irvington
Amritsar, India
“no hope hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

For the second time i had to complaining about an employee of this hotel i stay here already for a month and 2 weeks in businesses spending a considerable amount of money in your services This morning Sunday 16 at 910am when i was taking my breakfast one of the employes call Joyce (i believe she is a van driver) last name i don't known because nobody was able
to tell me decide to scream to me that the breakfast had end and i had to vacate the premise immediately
all this in front of my wife and son at the time i was also talking with a group of gentleman from Argentina i don't think this people had a very high opinion of your hotel after that. This is incredible and outrageous in more that 25 years traveling around the world i had never experience this kind of abuse you need choose your employees better and train them properly otherwise they only going to keep dragging your brand name to the ground please feel free to call me at my room 210 for further details about the incident

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
parkwayhospitality, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
I would like to sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had here at the Americas Best Value Inn - Newark Airport.

As our House Manager discussed with you in person, after looking into the incident, we fully agree that the employee in question was 110% out of line in their behavior with you and their conduct was absolutely unacceptable. Rest assured that this issue has been addressed with this employee and the appropriate discipline has been levied. Our expectation is that this never happens again, with you or any other guest.

While this incident understandably left a bad taste with you, I'd ask you, as a favor to the hotel and staff, that you not let this one employee taint all the other positive experiences you had while staying with us for 6+ weeks. I'm sure you'll agree that this one bad apple does not reflect accurately on the rest of our staff.

Again, on behalf of the hotel, i want to convey my very sincere apologies for your experience with our driver, and please do give us an opportunity to make it up to you in the future.

Best Regards,
A. Naik

129 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

I came to this hotel and everyone was so nice.I had the pleasure to stay at this hotel.Caroline help so much she always ask if everything is ok.There was breakfast to eat in the morning.I didn't really see anything not clean.And I think this was a great hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

very friendly and nice staff with clean rooms they also offer transportation to and from Newark airport + breakfast and all this with very convenient price in comparison to other hotels in the area.
I 've tried several hotels lately but this one is cheap and offer excellent and comfort stay and service for what others charge double for it, if I traveled again to the city I will stay there for sure.
I liked a lot.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
East Orange, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Hello my name is Jose Pereira and I had a nice time at this Inn. The customer service was great Karolina did a good job. Everytime I check in she always has the room I request. always enjoy my time there.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I' been in other hotels but this hotel surprise me, staff are friendly specially Carolina help me with directions how to get to Manhattan. Restaurants are close by, hotels have 24/7 shuttle service, and good continental breakfast.I have a wonderful vacation and a good experience staying at the hotel.

Room Tip: 3rd floor are quiet and larger
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

As you can imagine my stay was not pleasant . To start the bathroom was hideous . The ceiling was covered in black mold . What finished destroying the possibility of even staying was that not even 5 min after laying on the bed I was getting viciously bite by bed bugs . And to my disgrace I ended up sleeping in the car of the hotel parking lot. But it did not end there after having to return to the room with my babies I had to pack my belongings afraid that the bed bugs my venture off with us . I spent more money on itch ointments n bug spray for me and my home . My family and I have the bites still on us and these are the sad consciences.

• Stayed November 2012
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

This place has bed bugs, is 1:06 in the morning and I woke up cuz something bite me I grab my phone and use the light to find bed bugs the mattress have blood spot everywhere and I took pictures just in case. I will talk to the maneger latter

• Stayed November 2012
parkwayhospitality, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
I would like to apologize for the unfortunate experience you had here at the Americas Best Value Inn - Newark Airport.

Upon your departure, we had the room inspected by our professional pest control company and he did not find any issues with the room. We also had our housekeeping supervisor thoroughly check the room linen and furniture (including mattress) and we have replaced all items which did not meet our stringent cleanliness guidelines. We have also deep cleaned the room and it has been occupied with no complaints. The Americas Best Value Inn - Newark Airport takes any complaint very seriously and we do everything possible to make our guests have an enjoyable experience.

We apologize for your unpleasant stay and do hope you give us another chance when you return to the area.

Best Regards,
A. Naik

Been to Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport? Share your experiences!