“Friendly Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Irvington
Los Angeles
“Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I' been in other hotels but this hotel surprise me, staff are friendly specially Carolina help me with directions how to get to Manhattan. Restaurants are close by, hotels have 24/7 shuttle service, and good continental breakfast.I have a wonderful vacation and a good experience staying at the hotel.

Room Tip: 3rd floor are quiet and larger
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

As you can imagine my stay was not pleasant . To start the bathroom was hideous . The ceiling was covered in black mold . What finished destroying the possibility of even staying was that not even 5 min after laying on the bed I was getting viciously bite by bed bugs . And to my disgrace I ended up sleeping in the car of the hotel parking lot. But it did not end there after having to return to the room with my babies I had to pack my belongings afraid that the bed bugs my venture off with us . I spent more money on itch ointments n bug spray for me and my home . My family and I have the bites still on us and these are the sad consciences.

• Stayed November 2012
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

This place has bed bugs, is 1:06 in the morning and I woke up cuz something bite me I grab my phone and use the light to find bed bugs the mattress have blood spot everywhere and I took pictures just in case. I will talk to the maneger latter

• Stayed November 2012
parkwayhospitality, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
I would like to apologize for the unfortunate experience you had here at the Americas Best Value Inn - Newark Airport.

Upon your departure, we had the room inspected by our professional pest control company and he did not find any issues with the room. We also had our housekeeping supervisor thoroughly check the room linen and furniture (including mattress) and we have replaced all items which did not meet our stringent cleanliness guidelines. We have also deep cleaned the room and it has been occupied with no complaints. The Americas Best Value Inn - Newark Airport takes any complaint very seriously and we do everything possible to make our guests have an enjoyable experience.

We apologize for your unpleasant stay and do hope you give us another chance when you return to the area.

Best Regards,
A. Naik
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

......... but why should it be for this price? Look, in this life you generally get what you pay for. I just stayed here 14-19 November and have to say that in terms of value for money they exceeded all my expectations. My room had everything I could possibly have hoped for in this price range. I slept well and comfortably, and felt everything was clean. The staff, both the shuttle drivers and front desk, and Carolina in particular, were efficient, charming and helpful. It's a breeze to get in and out of Manhattan, and to the airport. What more, at this price range, could you reasonably ask for? Well done guys.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I travel all over the world and this hotel and their employes Carolina zara cecilia and maria they really known the meaning of the word customer service even in very hard times i was there when hurricane sandy hit NJ they really make us feel secure i will definite stay here again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Please don't visit this hotel it has bed bugs and instead of the staff giving us an apology they blamed it on the guest that come for the stay. I told them that they need to shut down the hotel and get the place exterminated the correct way. They refused so I plan to contact the health department so please if you especially from out of town dont go please.

• Stayed October 2012
parkwayhospitality, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying at our hotel. We are very sorry that you were unhappy with the accommodation provided to you.

The hotel investigated your claim and a nationally known third party pest control company was contracted to inspect the room you stayed in thoroughly. They did not find any evidence of bed bugs. Note that this is an impartial company who has no agenda with respect to validating or invalidating your claims of an infestation.

Generally, our hotel employs a very aggressive pest control policy and our philosophy is to always err on the side of safety and proactive treatment, including weekly service calls by a licensed company (most of our competitors get monthly service).

Again, I am very sorry for your dissatisfaction with us while staying at the hotel, but I urge you to give us another chance so we can demonstrate the cleanliness of the hotel to you.

Thanks,
A. Naik - Manager
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was the best hotel I've ever stayed in, the room was big and comfortable, and the hotel itself had everything you could ever want. The hotel is located near by Newark International Airport which was very convenient. Affordable and best staff. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport? Share your experiences!