“Great for families with young children.” 3 of 5 stars

(908) 459-9000
Website
Improve this listing
3 attraction reviews
“Great for families with young children.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We've been to Land of Make Believe a few times. It's fun for families with very young children. My son who is 9 is starting to outgrow it. He likes the lazy river, a pirate ship with water shooting out everywhere and an enormous bucket of water that regularly empties out on groups of people standing beneath it. There are 3 fun water slides and lots of amusement rides for little kids. There is also a huge wading pool that is great for toddlers. The park is small, cheap and close enough that you can go a few times in a summer. There are lots of picnic areas (none in the shade) so most families bring their own food. The last time we visited it was insanely crowded so if you go make sure you get there early (when it opens) so you can get a lounge chair in the shade.

Voorhees, New Jersey
“Smaller Than Expected...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I came for the first time with my family recently. My 10 year old brother, who doesn't really like big rides, enjoyed the park but thought it was small and there weren't enough rides. Of course, it isn't really meant for teens, but it would be nice if they added some kind of ride a teenager would enjoy. My little 4 year old cousin loved it. The food was awful. Cheap, but awful. The fries were loaded with grease.. I couldn't even finish it. Overall, it wasn't a bad experience, but they could add some more rides and maybe something bigger a teenager would enjoy. Also, the food needs improvement.

New Jersey
5 attraction reviews
“Great fun for the kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Had a great time with my four year old. She really enjoyed herself, as we did watching her. She was able to go down the bigger water slides or with us. The place is excellent for the kids, don't expect much if you are an adult other than the kid attractions (water and non-water rides). The place is relatively clean but the staff needs some people skills. I realize it is hot, but to come off as being bothered is pretty odd since you took the job at a water park, which is at it's best when it is HOT. The staff manning the rides also need some help. On one ride, my four year old was directing other riders on where to go after the ride stopped, she actually had to open the gate ot let people out because the staff member wasn't interested. The older staff were excellent, most engaging and nice, the younger kids didn't want to be there.

New Jersey Countryside
12 attraction reviews
“Fun park..Rude staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I've been coming to this place for years with my young children. It is a pretty good deal for little more than the price of a movie the young kids get to go on rides and the water park all day. I thought the park was pretty clean this time. The food stands are just ok. They really need some healthy choices or just plan to pack a picnic. We really enjoyed the water slides this past time. The lines were short even on a sunny Sunday. The lazy river is nice and relaxing after the thrill of the slides. The rides are perfect for young kids probably 10 and under. I would love to give this place a 5 star but I just can't due to the lousy staff service attitude. Apparently the management brings in a lot of young foreign students to work for the summer. Some of these kids don't speak or understand English well and are very rude. I hate when cashiers ring you up and hand you your change while looking the other way. No thank you. No smile. Just sort of "next". I wait until they turn and look at me to actually accept the change. This happened at THREE separate booths, the locker rental, and two different food stands. Contrast that to a Hershey or a Disney. I know you get what you pay for but how hard is it for management to insist that their employees (summer slaves) show a bit of courtesy to the paying customers. Another thing to look at and laugh is the robotic bobble heading lifeguards. They are all apparently trained to do this robotic scan, which I'm sure is good for safety and limits the park's liability but c'mon. The water in the pool area is no more than one foot deep and you have these robots circling the pool bobble heading. Funny down the Jersey Shore where there are REAL lifeguards and real surf I see relaxed normal lifeguards who can scan but not look like idiot robots. I was in the one foot pool and next to me was one small child pulling another by the hair and dragging this other kid under the water over and over. Funny how none of the bobble heads spotted that but they were busy chirping their whistles for the kiddies to not stand on the turtle fountain. Nice try at real lifeguarding. Good park with great possibility. Get a clue with the staff!!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
“Threats and indifference by staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Myself, my son (6) with some friends with young children visited "New Jersey's Premier Family Water Park & Amusement Park" yesterday. I visited there as a child and have fond memories. Not much has changed in the intervening period. Thats both good and bad. It was a little dilapidated and dated looking - but we were excited nonetheless.
However there was an incident in the water park where another parent threatened me, in full view of two lifeguards - and the lifeguards in turn stated that they would call the police - and report both parents. This was puzzling as I asked the staff in question, both, no doubt fully trained and expert staff members - but they only became involved when I asked for management and additional assistance as the situation was becoming quite tense. The "management" in question was a non-native English speaker who's attitude was less than caring and frankly indifferent.

There was no incident report to fill out, no offer of protection nor did any other staff member or parent intervene or offer assistance. I felt like the situation was completely out of control. I would not recommend visiting this park - there are better value attractions available in Jersey. It was disappointing, run-down looking and not at all safe. Its fair to say that myself and my family will not be returning. In general the staff there were less than helpful - and responded to any questions with an audible sigh.