“Great value for the money.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
13 attraction reviews
“Great value for the money.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Overall we had a great time at LOMB.

It was about 55mins away from Blakeslee,PA(Poconos)

Parking was free.

It cost about $25 child >2 and $23 adults. Someone noted that they don't take credit cards. They only take Disciover. I think had some issues with fraud. So Discover or Cash.

The waterpark is nice. You can rent a locker but we carried everything in our bags. The water is roughly 18inches deep. So this is nice feature for parents who aren't comfortable in deep water with their children.

Our children are pretty small and they were able to get on majority of the rides.

Didn't use the slides but it looked like it was busy.

Food:
$3 for 6 pieces of chicken nugget
or
$6 for 16 pieces (family portion)
Chicken sandwich(plain) $2.75
Ice cream = $3

The park also has a short train ride and a section to see some animals(cow, rabbits, sheep, etc.)

Customer service was ok. Some of the workers were really nice and some looked irritated especially the one girl at the admission booth.

OUR BIGGEST ISSUE: You can't sit and eat in peace! They have bees all over the park. So alot of people kept moving around and tried to find areas where they could eat or sit in peace without bees bothering them. Bees all over.

Overall we had a good time.

Yonkers, New York
“A wonderful day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I read all the reviews, and other than the possibility of them losing power and us being "out" our money, we decided to risk it! We went with another family and together had two 9 y.o.s, one 8 y.o., one 7 y.o., and a 4 y.o.
We arrived at opening, and got chairs with no problem. Our kids went down slide after slide with no line! we had to ask staff how to get around a bit because it's a bit maze-y, and while the teen-aged staff didn't fall over themselves to help us, they were fine. One teen was very helpful and kind to our child who has a developmental disability, being extra patient when he didn't understand the directions. We all enjoyed the lazy river, with no line still at 11am.
We switched from the water area to the dry rides and back again. The lines got longer for the water things through the day. After 12pm we didn't bother with the lazy river due to the lines. Yet the "dry rides" were great-the kids often were able to just stay on the ride and do it again so few if any people were waiting! Even the 9 y.o.'s had rides they enjoyed.
I love that we could bring food in! We sat down at a shaded table and enjoyed it, which saved us money. The food/drinks for sale was very reasonable so we got some drinks (about 1/2 the price of most parks!).
Finally, as someone who gets lost easily and has to keep track of kids, I liked that it was small. I could tell the older ones to stay in the water area and not leave, and know that I could let them go on a ride without worrying that i wouldnt find them later.
I don't have any complaints really. My husband said that the lifeguards in the kiddie area should have been *in* the water, and more attentive. They blew their whistles a lot but no one could tell what they wanted someone to stop doing!
We had a really good time.

Allamuchy, New Jersey
11 attraction reviews
“Great for day trips...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

I have been coming to land of make believe since I was a kid... Now I take my 5 year old there. This place has been here for years. Heck.. A lot of rides and attractions have been there since I was like 5. The cost is reasonable for what it offers. It's still a very rustic place such as dirt and rock walking areas.. And the gift shop or Santa's barn smelling like moth balls. Don't take that the wrong way... It just makes me smile and remember the days when I was there. The area is clean overall. The water area's are kept well. Water was cold..no heated water I assume. It's a great place.
It's a great trip for the day geared for kids. Nestled in Hope nj.. It adds the feel of having fun in a serene setting. I believe the place is open from Memorial Day to Labor Day... But I am not sure. I recommend this place without a doubt.

“Great Family Fun Day!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is our second time visiting! My son is 4 & really enjoyed his visit. His LOVES the Lazy River. It is an old fashion amusement park but is wonderful for young kids. You can pack a lunch or buy there. The prices are reasonable. My only complaint would be is that they need to really in force the rule of no bathing suits outside of the waterpark area. There are employees at the entrance & exit of the water park but they still manage to get through. I would advise getting in the water park @ opening if you want to get a chair to put your things on. People are out of control & take 6 chairs that they cover with a towel that no one even sits in making it really hard for other guests to find a chair or 2. My son loves the gift shop! I don't mind it they have some cute toys and souvenirs that are very reasonable!

New York City, New York
“Land of Signs!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The Land of Make Believe is an inexpensive day out with the kids, but the rides are old and out dated and very much geared towards smaller children. And they really go a little over board with the rules and the signs. Signs and rules everywhere you look! And unless you have a death wish, bring your own food! They do allow you to bring in your own cooler, food and drinks, thank goodness!!