“Lively sushi scene” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Lively sushi scene”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Go to this place if you want good sushi, a bubbly live atmosphere and good service. The special rolls a usually pretty good, garlic broccoli is a must have appetizer. Bring your own bottle of wine or saki... And be prepared for a good time.

Weehawken, New Jersey
“Japanese Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Robongi is the place I go to for Japanese food. My favorite dish there is the deep fried chicken spinach roll. There sushi is delicious also. I have not visited too often but do have food delivered from time to time.

Hoboken, NJ
“Consistently good, great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

One of our favorites in Hoboken. The sushi is excellent, service is great and the price is right. This is a byob restaurant.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Delicous, Creative, Amazing Service and BYOB!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

My husband and I love sushi and have yet to discover a restaruant that does it better than Robongi. So much so, that when we have guests who appreciate sushi, we always bring them here over any other place in the NYC metro area. One of my best friends is Japanese and has also commented that the place is an amazing value serving the freshest sushi she's had outside of Japan.

Suggestions:
For those on a budget - Go at lunch, get the lunch special, the rolls are great, but if you are a sashimi person you will be literally blown away by the quantity and quality of the pieces. The lunch special includes miso soup or a salad as a starter. Because it is a BYOB you can cut that cost out of your meal making it quite affordable at about $10 per person for lunch,

For those who want to splurge I recommend the following "special rolls", some of which are not listed on the menu as they create new ones each month:
Sex on the Beach (on the menu), Nikki Beach (if you like jalepenos), OMG (if you like toro), New England (if you like spicy scallop) and King of the Sea (if you like shellfish).

Beyond the food, the staff is highly attentive and very personable. Some of the best customer service we have experienced at any establishment. We frequent this establishment a few times each month and cannot thank them enough, especially Ivan, for making each experience a wonderful one.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
neptune city
“nothing special.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

My husband and I ate at Robongi this past weekend while in town for a friends birthday party. We made reservations for 6:00 since it was a saturday night and we assumed it might get busy. When we got there about 5:45 there was no one in the place! It was nice considering the place is so small you're practically sharing a seat with whoever is sitting next to you.

My husband and I both had a green house salad to start (his came with his meal). I had read in other reviews before we decided to eat here that the ginger dressy was watery.... and it was. It wasn't TERRIBLE, but it certainly wasn't as good as other ginger dressings that I have had elsewhere.

For dinner I tried to order a king crab roll but they were out of king crab so I couldnt order that. My second choice was a lobster roll with a special tobiko sauce.... they were also out of that. I also tried to order another roll.... cant remember what it was... but they were ALSO out of that.... sooooo I went with my usual rainbow roll. At least they had brown rice.....

When I got my roll it was OK, nothing special. The fish was just falling right off of the roll which is irritating to try and eat but at least it tasted good...

My husband ordered a bento box that came with tempura shrimp, veggies, a california roll, steamed shrimp dumplings and chicken. His was good and he couldnt even finish it because it was a lot of food, so i ended up eating a few pieces of his california roll which was delicious!! His shrimp and veggies were mildly cold though. I was surprised considering we were one of 2 tables in the entire restaurant. The shrimp dumplings were pathetic. Cold and the size of a nickel. not appetizing.

Overall, Robongi was just ok. I wouldn't go back. Im sure there are MUCH better sushi restaurants in Hoboken.

• Visited March 2012