“W Hoboken is a great hotel with one of the Best Front Office staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of W Hoboken

Book Early and Save
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hoboken
GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta
“W Hoboken is a great hotel with one of the Best Front Office staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

W Hoboken is a great hotel for Staying closer to Downtown New York,
The Hotel Front office and concierge desk is excellent and very courteous.
The Front office Manager Mark and his team are great people who took excellent care. They go out of the way to help guests!! Would always love to stay there!
The rooms are cleaner than Time Square W and are better in ambiance.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
GMAnna, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this review, February 2, 2011
I’m so happy to hear you enjoy our hotel and our service. We will be sure to share your kind comments with Marc and his team. I hope to be able to welcome you back soon. –Anna M., General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

The W in Hoboken was a fantastic place to stay!! My boyfriend and I stayed there on a Friday night in January. For the area, the room was reasonably priced. We stayed in the cozy room which was defnitely that, small and cozy---perfect for two people for a night. The staff was beyond friendly, the hotel was gorgeous and trendy and the room was spotless and comfortable. Would and probably will definitely stay again!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
I’m glad that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your W Hoboken experience. We’re thrilled to hear you were comfortable in our Cozy room and we look forward welcoming you both back in the future. –Anna M., General Manager
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the W Hoboken back in October. We came into the hotel very late, after a long day of difficult travel. We were warmly greeted by the staff and made to feel relaxed immediately. The hotel was apparently oversold, which I guess was a lucky situation for us as we were upgraded to the “extreme wow” suite. My wife and I were floored by the room, we travel quite a bit, and we’ve never seen anything quite like it. I don’t think there is a better view of the NY skyline than what that room has to offer. If this room is available, I'm sure it's worth every penny. It's large enough to easily allow for two couples to stay in their own bedrooms, while sharing the HUGE common area.
We had decided that we were going right to bed when we got to the hotel, but the vibe in the hotel…and our excitement about the room energized us to quickly get cleaned up and head to the clubs in the W (after my wife snapped countless pictures of the room and view).
Every staff member we interacted was extremely professional, very friendly and very willing to make us feel welcome. We have stayed in many W hotels, and love the atmosphere, décor and style. The one complaint (and that may be too strong a word for the W chain) is that the staff is sometimes too “cool” in terms of their approach to the guests. This is certainly not the case in Hoboken, and I have nothing but great things to say about the staff.
We stayed the following evening that weekend at the St. Regis in Manhattan, which was another great hotel. In retrospect, even with personalized butler service and the class of the St. Regis, we found the W in Hoboken to be a better overall experience and value.
We have shared our impression of this hotel with many friends and colleagues, and have recommended the W Hoboken over hotels in the city for weekend getaways up to New York. Many of them have thanked us for the recommendation, and have had similar wonderful experiences.
Certainly worth a look if you are headed to New York...the train to Manhattan is 2 blocks away, and a breeze.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed your our Extreme Wow suite (the views are really unbeatable, aren’t they?) I’m happy to hear you have recommended W Hoboken to your friends and colleagues and I want to thank you for recommending to everyone on Trip Advisor as well! –Anna M., General Manager
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

There are some pretty good reviews for this hotel, and I am pleased to say our experience was excellent. The staff were very good and even went to the local supermarket to pick me up some headache tablets and those that experienced the blizzard of December 2010 will no that was know that was no mean feat given the conditions outside. The view "lived upto expectations" and was a pleasure everytime we walked into the room. The room was comfortable and plenty of space for a family of 3 although you could hear the noise from outside the room on ocassions. The restaurant was good although we did venture into the snow on a couple of nights to sample Hoboken. I think under better conditions, Hoboken has more to offer. It was very convenient to get into Manhattan.
To summarise, a great place to stay as a more cost effective alternative to Manahattan with views that compensate for for the fact that you are not in the City.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
We’re glad we were able to be your home away from home during the blizzard. I’m happy to hear that you were able to enjoy Hoboken and the hotel and we hope to welcome you back in better weather  –Anna M., General Manager
West Milford, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

An inpromptu trip was planned..wanting to stay closer to home we decided to visit Hoboken. We had heard about the new hotel in Hoboken and being so close and easy to get into the city from there we decided to book it. We are so happy we did! From the moment we pulled into the valet parking I knew we had made the right choice.

Knowing that the W has a great reputation and is more upscale we were so surprised that the prices are reasonable and location is excellent.

Everyone we came in contact with made us feel right at home. We had both our children with us ( a 12 and 13 year old) and they were treated equally as well. I was so impressed with our stay and the service that we received I am telling everyone about it and making sure when we book our next little get away it will be at one of the other 36 properties that the W have.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
GMAnna, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this review, January 6, 2011
Thanks for deciding to stay with us for your impromptu trip! I’m happy we were able to make you and your family feel at home. We can’t wait to welcome you back to W Hoboken and are glad we turned you on to the W brand! –Anna M., General Manager
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

I could be here today writing the worse review ever for this hotel. Instead, because of the great management team of W Hoboken, I am here to write a great one.
We stayed 7 nights in the hotel ( Dec 27 - Jan 3) and arrived during the Blizzard. Our stay was already paid for, we arrived after 3 pm, but couldn't have a room until almost 6 pm. To make a long story short, we were tired ( had travelled 10 hours with 1 6 month baby and a 4 year old) and wanted our room. The check in employeed did not show sympathy ( or even worse, care) for our situation and made several mistakes regarding room assingment . So after waiting more than an hour I went straight to the manager, Marc, that truly gave us the WOW experience that they always advertise and talk about. He asked what would make me happy at that point and solved the issue in a timely manner. But, the best, he showed he cared for us. Our 8Th floor room had an amazing view and was really quiet. He called on the next day to see how thing were going and passed on our issue to the general manager, which send us a personal card with apologies and some treats. The location is EXCELLENT in all the ways ( convenience to the PATH, restaurants, grocery stores...). I recommend and would come back anytime.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
GMAnna, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this review, January 6, 2011
Thanks for posting your experience on TripAdvisor. Again, I apologize for the W-OOPS, but I’m glad Marc was able to turn it into a WOW. –Anna M., General Manager
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

I would not hesitate to reccommend this hotel for those travelling to ny that fly in from ewr. The rooms have fabulous views, the hotel has a very cool vibe and decor, and most things have good value for the money. Some ways to make a very good hotel into a great hotel:
1. For goodness sake, have good coffee available. There is no coffee maker in the room,so forbrits who like their tea, or really anyone who wants a quick coffee you must order $20 cup from room service. Normally that doesn't bother me because of the presentation and quality, but what is delivered is a 2 cup french press with warm wster and bitter grind. The complimentary pots in the lobby go quick and are not hot either.
2. Have sweets available on room service 24 hrs. We could only get a cold english muffin at 2 am. Embarassing
3. Why is their no fan in the bathroom.?
4. Be properly staffed so you can get room service in a decent time frame.
5. The air freshener was a bit much and not to everyones liking.
6. The club is stunning but one of the managerd was rude and

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
GMAnna, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this review, January 6, 2011
Thanks for posting. I have forwarded your feedback to the appropriate departments and this will certainly be addressed. While it is a W brand standard to not provide coffee makers in our guest rooms, we can certainly do so by request. All of our guest room WCs (bathrooms) are equipped with fans, however, they are silent. I apologize for the delay in receiving your In Room Dining order as well as for your experience in our Chandelier Room. I hope that next time we can show you a more perfect hotel experience. –Anna M., General Manager

Been to W Hoboken? Share your experiences!