“Wonderful Views - Why the Nightclub?” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hoboken
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
winchester
“Wonderful Views - Why the Nightclub?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I'd never stayed off Manhattan when in NYC, so decided to do something a bit different. The location is fantastic and having to get the PATH train onto Manhattan was no bother (if that's where you plan to go most days). The hotel was trendy, and the room wonderful. However, our whole stay was marred by our check-in experience:
We booked into a superior room for the space and balcony. However, on check in the first thing we were told was that "your room might be noisy because of the nightclub". Erm, what? This is a hotel, right? A place where people pay for rooms to sleep in?! We immediately protested and were told "the website says it's a lively hotel, some people like the noise" - both unhelpful and patronising. We were told that we could downgrade our room, and would be compensated with vouchers. This was infuriating as the main reason we'd chosen the hotel was for the views of the Manhattan skyline. Eventually, after a LOT of talking and negotiating, we were told that we would be upgraded for our last night which was when the nightclub was at its loudest. Our stay was fine and the last night was very special. However, the staff weren't very friendly (especially compared to the other east-coast hotels we stayed at during our holiday) and the hotel lobby felt a little cold and industrial. I'd recommend it for the view and room size, shame about the service and the fact that 'W' can't decide whether they want a trendy nightclub or a decent hotel - It's obvious they can't do both.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
GMWHoboken, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for taking the time to review your W Hoboken experience. While I am glad you decided to do something different and give us a try, I am terribly sorry that we missed the mark during your visit. Thursday-Saturday nights our hotel does have a livelier vibe and as our Cool Corner Suites are within close proximity to LULU's, we make every effort to re-emphasize this to guests who are staying with us over the weekend. Please know that I completely understand the importance of a restful evening and fully appreciate your feedback. I must also apologize for the unfriendly attitude you describe from your interaction with our talent team. This is unlike our Whatever/Whenever philosophy and my hope is that you won't judge us solely on the basis of this experience. Hope you can give us another chance in the near future to provide a more optimal stay from start to finish!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This place made me and my girl friend feel like We are in the Caribbean island.
upon arrival We felt so welcomed
We were given a room upgrade. the room had a gorgeous view of the city of New York and the Hudson river combined
The entire staff are so friendly including the housekeeping they made sure We had what ever We need it in the room
And the front desk staff was there to help with everything needed
We will definitely come again and my advice to anyone that does not wish to travel far to choose this hotel as a romantic relaxing place

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
GMWHoboken, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for your fabulous review of the W Hoboken! I am thrilled that you were so blown away from the minute you arrived. It is so enriching to be compared to something so exclusive as being in a Caribbean island. I appreciate you letting us know how much you enjoyed your escape-we hope to welcome you back again on your next romantic getaway!
Peterborough, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

A great property in a perfect location. I booked our room online and then upgraded it once we arrived. For an extra $50 we upgraded to a beautiful balcony suite with a stunning view. Staff were terrific. Helpful and very friendly. The location in Hoboken so close to the subway terminal was very handy. Wish we could have stayed longer!

Room Tip: Upgrade to one of the mini suites with the balcony. They are located at the end of the building and...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
GMWHoboken, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for your glowing review of the W Hoboken! To hear that you had such an amazing stay with us is beyond gratifying. I am so glad you enjoyed the phenomenal view from your upgraded Suite and that our talent team sealed the deal in making your experience a memorable one. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Oxford, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Stylish, friendly staff, good food, very comfortable room, excellent bed, quiet, near to the PATH so it is very easy to go to Manhattan and the amazing views. Ok, it not cheap but you can't have all :-)

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
GMWHoboken, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for your rave review of the W Hoboken! I am so elated to hear that you enjoyed the W vibe, comfort of your room, breathtaking views, and service received throughout your stay. Hope to have the opportunity to deliver another stellar experience in the near future!
Bath, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel was clean, beautiful and staffed with very friendly people. The price was a bit high, but given the location, understandable. I would stay there again. From the front door, to the hall cleaning staff, everyone was very friendly.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
GMWHoboken, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for sharing your W Hoboken experience! Your review clearly shows that we were able to WOW you from the moment you arrived. I sincerely appreciate your kind words about the hotel's cleanliness and our talent team. Our team works hard to exceed the expectations of our guests and I will make sure to share your accolades with them-hope to welcome you back again soon!
Rumford, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed at the W with my wife and kids and can't say enough about the incredible views of NYC. We had a corner room and it was modern, well kept and had that perfect view.

The hotel itself allows for various methods of commuting into Manhattan but it's very hard to manage in cold winter months so if you are expecting to travel to and from the city I wouldn't recommend this spot.

The restaurant food was awesome, the front desk staff very friendly and the location in terms of Hoboken was nearly ideal. (2 block walk to hip shopping, Carlo's Bakery, bars etc...)

I found the lobby and surrounding area to be a bit uninviting, no real great sight-lines and not much of a buzz to it at all.

If Hoboken is your destination I would stay here. If NYC is, then I would reconsider unless it's very nice weather.

Room Tip: Get room facing NYC
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
GMWHoboken, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us! I am so delighted to hear that you were impressed by the NYC view from your guestroom and equally happy that you explored the Hoboken area during your visit. I also appreciate your candid feedback regarding the Living Room area and regret that we weren't able to set the stage for that extraordinary experience we strive to provide all our guests with. Hope to welcome you and your family again next time your travels bring you to the area.
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

If I could buy those pillows here at home in the UK I would - they were incredible. The bed was phenomenally comfortable as well.
We were given a complimentary upgrade with stunning views of the Manhattan skyline and the room was delightful, with a recliner to sit by the window to watch the ever-changing scene.
The service was great and we ate breakfast there but walked into Hoboken to eat dinner.
It's no cheap option but a lovely place to stay and I hope we can return one day. Many of my work colleagues stay there on business but I was travelling for pleasure and we chose the W because it is near to my Head Office, which we visited during our stay.
It's quirky and stylish, a nice place to be. If you can get a high floor, it is a good idea - less noisy. We were lucky.

Room Tip: free wi-fi if you are part of their loyalty scheme. Ask for a high floor away from street and bar/c...
Green Features: Apparently they do go the extra mile on green practices but as our stay was short we didn't see much.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
GMWHoboken, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for your fantastic review of the W Hoboken! I am truly delighted that you enjoyed the comfort of our W Beds and that were able to take in the stunning views of NYC from the comfort of your guest room. It is one of the features that many of our guests are really WOWed by and I am so glad that this was the case with you. I would like to share with you that our W Bedding sets and accessories are available for purchase through our W Store online. Hope you can bring some of that comfort back home but most importantly, W Hoboken hopes to welcome you back again soon!

Been to W Hoboken? Share your experiences!