“Great getaway ” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“Great getaway ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Great quick getaway. Not much happening there at the hotel. It's pretty quiet. Crazy killer views of the nyc skyline. It's like a 10 min ride to nyc of the path train. There's a lot of bars nearby which makes it great when you want to grab a beer. The staff were do personable and made it their business to ask what we were doing etc. Will definitely one back

Stayed February 2014
GMWHoboken, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you for sharing your wonderful W Hoboken experience. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel’s location, views from your guestroom, and service received from our talent team. Hope to welcome you back again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
Delfgauw
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Have stayed here three times now for a total of 10 nights. I come back to it every time I need to be in NYC.
It is a great location away from the hectic manhattan streets, but only a 10 minute PATH ride away to cross the Hudson.
The viewd from the hotel are awesome, but the new construction at the south side spoils the views.
Restaurant service was good but last time in June 2014 it was very slow every morning.
Overall highly recommended.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing on Trip Advisor! I’m delighted to hear our hotel has been an excellent location for your trips to New York City. Hope to welcome you back again soon and be able to WOW you!
Wilmot, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

My daughter lives in Hoboken in a teeny tiny apartment, so when I come to visit, my go-to place is the W, which is a few blocks from her. This is an amazing location, right on the waterfront, and if you like to wake up and walk/run, this is the spot. While the daytime views are pretty great, the nighttime views are out of this world! I have stayed on a lower floor, and a higher one, and while higher is better in terms of less obstruction -- they are all amazing. The rooms are modern, the beds are comfortable and sometimes it was hard to leave the room! The restaurant and bar are also convenient, but I have never stayed over a weekend so have nothing to offer about the club or the noise that I have seen mentioned! I find that getting to NYC is pretty easy, either take a quick taxi ride (or walk) to the water ferry, or a cab all the way. I find Hoboken to be so less crowded and overwhelming than the city -- and the restaurants are great!

Room Tip: The higher up the better the views, but I think all rooms have views.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thanks for sharing your outstanding W Hoboken experience! I’m always so excited when W Hoboken guests take advantage of all that the city of Hoboken has to offer, in particular the breathtaking views of NYC ! Hope to welcome you back next time you visit your daughter.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

One ferry ride or PATH (subway) ride away, this is an awesome alternative to Manhattan hotels.

The view is unbeatable. You can see the whole Manhattan island from your room.
This feels like a true W hotel. we received much better than expected service from front-desk staff, including a room upgrade. They even sent out emails asking for special requests days before my arrival.

On the down side, there is no swimming pool. And if you need to stop by hotel mid-day during a manhattan visit, the extra PATH ride could cause more than 1 hour round trip.

Room Tip: Saturday nigh dance party was very noisy. ask for a high level room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for sharing on Trip Advisor! I’m delighted to hear you found our hotel to be such a convenient location to NYC! Our aim is to always provide a true WOW experience for all of our guests and I’m glad we did this for you! We look forward to your next stay with us at W Hoboken!
Hillsborough, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

For this, our second stay, we booked two nights a year in advance using a pre-paid SPG/no cancellation rate to watch the Macy's 4th of July fireworks over the Hudson. (Then, the new NYC mayor moved the fireworks back to the East River location with very short notice and foiled many plans, I'm certain.) There was no room ready at the guaranteed check in time---again, but once we were in our room we truly enjoyed the spacious Fantastic Suite with an AMAZING view from the Verrazano to the George Washington Bridges. The living area sofa was not at all welcoming, but bed was comfy. Large bathroom and powder room were clean and well supplied. The very loud music coming from the club several floors below interrupted our sleep until after 2am, but the room was otherwise quiet. We used the room service for a light dinner, a breakfast and a dessert. All were delivered promptly, pleasantly and were tasty. There are some nice restaurants and bars close by and the pier-like park area is very nicely done. Overall, the view was why stayed and that can't be beat!

Room Tip: Fantastic Suite for view and balcony; higher floor for quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your W Hoboken experience on Trip Advisor. Guest satisfaction is very important to us so thank you for sharing both your positive feedback as well as areas for your improvement. This is greatly appreciated as we are always looking to improve upon our guests’ experiences. I am glad that your overall experience was so wonderful and I will certainly be sharing your valuable feedback with my team. Hope to have the great pleasure of welcoming you back again soon!
Terryville, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

My husband decided to take a trip to NYC for a long anniversary weekend. After looking at multiple properties both in NYC and NJ we decided to try the W Hoboken. We were fortunate to have stayed in the fantastic suite over looking the Manhattan skyline. We literally had NY as our wake up view and enjoyed cocktails and photography from our balcony. The staff was more than accommodating and welcoming each time we passed by. The concierge service was also quite helpful and efficient in helping us with our needs and requests. The onsite valet parking is invaluable, in a city where parking can be a challenge. Our room along with hotel amenities were superb. The location was more than we had expected. There is a wonderful walking path along the river and both shops, restaurants and the PATH were all within walking distance. My only negative experience was that on Saturday evenings things can tend to get a little loud due to the onsite nightclub, but that would not stop me from returning again. Thank you for making our stay a memorable one.

Room Tip: Stay on a higher floor if possible.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your outstanding anniversary stay with the Trip Advisor community! I’m so happy to hear that you were impressed with our team, the service received, and our location and NYC views. I want to extend my apologies for the noise disturbance you experienced. We understand that is not what you expect when you come to stay with us for rest and relaxation. On behalf of myself and the entire W Hoboken team, we look forward to welcoming you back to W Hoboken for many more anniversary celebrations!
Clifton, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

My wife is a native New Yorker which in large part is why we love to come to "The City" at least once or twice a year to catch a show, see some sights, enjoy the vibe and visit family. It always made sense to me for us to stay in the city on thise trips. Last year, my wife took our teenage daughter and her friend there on a separate trip and she ended up staying at the W Hoboken. Since they enjoyed it so much, she booked it for our trip. I'm so glad she did because it enabled me to enjoy the city even more than I had before because we had the added benefit of a phenomenal panoramic view of the skyline from the patio of our room. It was great to wake up to and even better to see at night. Obviously, it's something you can't experience on the other side of the Hudson. The room was smallish but there was plenty of space for the two of us and all of the amenities were what I'd expect from a high class hotel. I'll say the same for the staff, all of whom were very professional. We also like to enjoy a spa treatment when we travel and we both got extra long massages and other treatments from their Bliss Spa. Getting in and out of the city was as easy as could be. Mainly, we used the PATH which was great when we went to the 9/11 Memorial because it took us right there. The terminal was about two blocks away. The icing on the cake was the area of Hoboken where the hotel is located. It was fabulous. Again, with my wife being a native New Yorker, she was familiar with Hoboken. She couldn't stop raving about how it had been improved over the years and especially after Sandy. It was just plain great along the waterfront and in the shopping district. Like the rest of it, it was a hop, skip and a jump away from the hotel. The night life was lively and rich. Talk about a vibe! The entire neighborhood felt fresh, diverse, safe and friendly. I expect we'll be staying at the W Hoboken on future vists. Suffice it to say, it suited our tastes just fine, thank you!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your amazing feedback from your W Hoboken experience! I'm thrilled you discovered a hidden gem on the other side of the river. It's always so rewarding when our guests are able explore the Hoboken area and all it has to offer. Thanks again for the wonderful review which I will certainly share with my team. Hope to welcome you back again on your next trip to NYC.

Been to W Hoboken? Share your experiences!