“Great location and views” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Hoboken
GreenLeadersBronze level
Coral G
“Great location and views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Enjoyed staying at this hotel while visiting adult children living in this great town of Hoboken. Very comfortable and clean rooms, good gym, close to transportation, love the toiletries from Bliss, and last but not least, great views of Manhattan!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
GMPedroDias, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback! I am so happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our convenient location and wonderful views from the comfort of your guest room. I appreciate you letting us know how impressed you were with the service received and look forward to your next visit! -Pedro D, General Manager

741 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

A true ambassador to what the W brand really is, the W Hoboken is a jewel and often has rates that will save you some dough when in NYC. I highly recommend staying here if you're ok with taking a quick train under the river.

I don't know what I did to get so lucky... Wait, I do know! I used one of my handy-dandy Suite Night Awards and got upgraded to the --- wait for it -- Extreme WOW. So far, this has been the only time I've ever stayed in W's "best" room. Neither Extreme, nor WOW, even in combination, do this 17th floor paradise justice. Never before have I experience such refined luxury and exceptional, classy taste. Two huge bedrooms, two and a half baths, two balconies, sweeping views, sound system throughout the suite. WOW. Wow, y'all, WOW! Based on the style of this room, I'd guess all the rest is great, too.

The Living Room here is a step up from most Ws. The restaurant is great, room service is fast. Whatever/Whenever is reliable.

PATH train is about a 5-8 minute walk from the hotel. Takes you to a few places in Manhattan.

Fri and Sat night turn into a bit of a Jersey Shore in-real-life club night....but you can get away from that it you want.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Valued Guest,

Thanks for posting on Trip Advisor! We love to provide our guests with truly memorable experiences at W Hoboken and I’m happy to hear we were such a great surprise to you! I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed your guest room as well as the amazing views of New York City, and our fantastic location! We are glad we could welcome you to Hoboken as a convenient alternative to New York City and certainly look forward to welcoming you back to W Hoboken again soon! -Pedro D, General Manager
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I recently spent a weekend at W hoboken with my wife and we had a great time. The hotel is nicely located on the waterfront with splendid views of the Manhattan skyline. The rooms are reasonably big and nicely appointed. The room could use better soundproofing as we frequently heard people in adjoining room which made sleeping difficult for my wife.

The hotel is walking distance to the path so it's easy to get in an out of the city but be warned the train can be very crowded on weekends. We opted to take a taxi back to the hotel to avoid the congestion.

Everyone in the staff was helpful and friendly. We didn't eat at the hotel but if there was one thing to improve would be service at the bar. It was very slow even though there was barely anyone else.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent W Hoboken experience on Trip Advisor. Guest satisfaction is very important to us so thank you for sharing both your positive feedback as well as areas for your improvement. This is greatly appreciated as we are always looking to improve upon our guests’ experiences. I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed the comfort of your guest room and spectacular views, however my apologies for the slow service you received at the Living Room Bar as this not typical of our hotel. I will be sharing your feedback with my team immediately. Again, many thanks for sharing and we look forward to welcoming you back to W Hoboken soon- Pedro D, General Manager
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is a 4 or 5 star hotel. The view of Manhattan are outstanding. The room has a floor to ceiling window and very wide. Ask for a room on the uptown side and your view area from Chelsea all the way uptown. The views of downtown are the entire financial district of lower Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty. Both are great views. I was on the 12 floor but there are no obstructions about the 6th floor. New construction is starting on the south side of the building but as yet no issues.

The staff is extremely friendly and very accommodating. The room is very nicely decorated with a very roomy and equally decorated bathroom. The only disappointment was the hairdryer. While functional, is was a small travel type hairdryer. For the price of the too and reputation of a W, you would expect more.

Other than that small issue, I would high lightly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you have a preference on a view. Tell them you want an uptown view or downtown view.
Hello Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your W Hoboken experience on Trip Advisor! While we are not located directly in the city, our views of Manhattan are unparalleled and it’s always such a pleasure to hear our guests enjoy the amazing panorama. I sincerely appreciate your valuable feedback regarding the hair dryers in our guest room, and while I am sorry that this fell short of your expectation, I am glad that your overall experience was amazing. On behalf of myself and the entire W Hoboken team, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon! -Pedro D, General Manager
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My family had such a wonderful experience at the W. We were upgraded to a huge suite with amazing views of the city and the service was spot on. We loved all of the little extra they provide including the amazing Bliss products in the room. The location is ideal for families and getting into the city was a breeze using the PATH train. It’s only about 3 blocks from the hotel. The W staff was very helpful and went out of their way to make out stay memorable. I’d highly recommend this hotel and cannot wait to go back. I big thank you to Pedro and Lori!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for sharing your outstanding stay with us on W Hoboken! I’m always thrilled when our guests comment about the spectacular views, and I am glad that you and your family were able to enjoy this from your upgraded room! Your feedback also gives us a wonderful chance to celebrate with our Talent team members-thank you for taking the time to highlight this in your review! Hope to welcome your family back again soon for another memorable visit! -Pedro D, General Manager
Linwood, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Ok its across the river with a wonderful view of NYC and easy access to the Big Apple. Your paying for location more then quality of the hotel. Wanted to pay less and willing to stay in NJ too do it. Just didn't live up to price and having to pay additional for parking.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Valued Guest,

Thanks for sharing on Trip Advisor. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and I sincerely appreciate your candid feedback which we continually use to monitor our guest's expectations. Hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon so that you may enjoy the spectacular views W Hoboken offers! -Pedro D, General Manager
Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We returned from a special family birthday celebration to NYC.

Cannot praise the hotel, staff or location high enough. The hotel is immaculate, rooms are very clean and high quality. Staff couldn't do enough for you. The location is brilliant for the PATH into Manhattan.

Brilliant!!!

Hello Valued Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of the W Hoboken! I am so happy that we were able to be a part of your family's special day! I always enjoy hearing from our guests and I’m elated that you were so impressed with our hotel's location, accommodations, and service. Guest satisfaction is very important to my team and your comments are truly rewarding to us all! Hope to welcome you and your family back again soon. -Pedro D, General manager

Been to W Hoboken? Share your experiences!