“Very nice stay at W Hoboken” 4 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Hoboken
GreenLeadersBronze level
Montreal
“Very nice stay at W Hoboken”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I recently spent a weekend at W hoboken with my wife and we had a great time. The hotel is nicely located on the waterfront with splendid views of the Manhattan skyline. The rooms are reasonably big and nicely appointed. The room could use better soundproofing as we frequently heard people in adjoining room which made sleeping difficult for my wife.

The hotel is walking distance to the path so it's easy to get in an out of the city but be warned the train can be very crowded on weekends. We opted to take a taxi back to the hotel to avoid the congestion.

Everyone in the staff was helpful and friendly. We didn't eat at the hotel but if there was one thing to improve would be service at the bar. It was very slow even though there was barely anyone else.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GMPedroDias, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Hello Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent W Hoboken experience on Trip Advisor. Guest satisfaction is very important to us so thank you for sharing both your positive feedback as well as areas for your improvement. This is greatly appreciated as we are always looking to improve upon our guests’ experiences. I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed the comfort of your guest room and spectacular views, however my apologies for the slow service you received at the Living Room Bar as this not typical of our hotel. I will be sharing your feedback with my team immediately. Again, many thanks for sharing and we look forward to welcoming you back to W Hoboken soon- Pedro D, General Manager

741 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is a 4 or 5 star hotel. The view of Manhattan are outstanding. The room has a floor to ceiling window and very wide. Ask for a room on the uptown side and your view area from Chelsea all the way uptown. The views of downtown are the entire financial district of lower Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty. Both are great views. I was on the 12 floor but there are no obstructions about the 6th floor. New construction is starting on the south side of the building but as yet no issues.

The staff is extremely friendly and very accommodating. The room is very nicely decorated with a very roomy and equally decorated bathroom. The only disappointment was the hairdryer. While functional, is was a small travel type hairdryer. For the price of the too and reputation of a W, you would expect more.

Other than that small issue, I would high lightly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you have a preference on a view. Tell them you want an uptown view or downtown view.
Hello Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your W Hoboken experience on Trip Advisor! While we are not located directly in the city, our views of Manhattan are unparalleled and it’s always such a pleasure to hear our guests enjoy the amazing panorama. I sincerely appreciate your valuable feedback regarding the hair dryers in our guest room, and while I am sorry that this fell short of your expectation, I am glad that your overall experience was amazing. On behalf of myself and the entire W Hoboken team, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon! -Pedro D, General Manager
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My family had such a wonderful experience at the W. We were upgraded to a huge suite with amazing views of the city and the service was spot on. We loved all of the little extra they provide including the amazing Bliss products in the room. The location is ideal for families and getting into the city was a breeze using the PATH train. It’s only about 3 blocks from the hotel. The W staff was very helpful and went out of their way to make out stay memorable. I’d highly recommend this hotel and cannot wait to go back. I big thank you to Pedro and Lori!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for sharing your outstanding stay with us on W Hoboken! I’m always thrilled when our guests comment about the spectacular views, and I am glad that you and your family were able to enjoy this from your upgraded room! Your feedback also gives us a wonderful chance to celebrate with our Talent team members-thank you for taking the time to highlight this in your review! Hope to welcome your family back again soon for another memorable visit! -Pedro D, General Manager
Linwood, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Ok its across the river with a wonderful view of NYC and easy access to the Big Apple. Your paying for location more then quality of the hotel. Wanted to pay less and willing to stay in NJ too do it. Just didn't live up to price and having to pay additional for parking.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Valued Guest,

Thanks for sharing on Trip Advisor. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and I sincerely appreciate your candid feedback which we continually use to monitor our guest's expectations. Hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon so that you may enjoy the spectacular views W Hoboken offers! -Pedro D, General Manager
Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We returned from a special family birthday celebration to NYC.

Cannot praise the hotel, staff or location high enough. The hotel is immaculate, rooms are very clean and high quality. Staff couldn't do enough for you. The location is brilliant for the PATH into Manhattan.

Brilliant!!!

Hello Valued Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of the W Hoboken! I am so happy that we were able to be a part of your family's special day! I always enjoy hearing from our guests and I’m elated that you were so impressed with our hotel's location, accommodations, and service. Guest satisfaction is very important to my team and your comments are truly rewarding to us all! Hope to welcome you and your family back again soon. -Pedro D, General manager
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Hoboken is a treasure - I don't think I'd ever stay in NYC again. My "commute" into the city was 10 minutes door to door. The W is located just a few blocks from transit. Everything you could possibly need is within walking distance. Awesome Cuban restaurants. I was upgraded to a corner room on the 14th floor where, I guess it's pet friendly. I have dogs so I didn't care - no smells or weird stains. Also, I came on a Monday so there were zero noise issues. My view was breath-taking. OMG. Probably the best view...maybe ever? W Lakeshore and W SF almost pale in comparison. I hate running, but it was so gorgeous that I went around the water & through central Hoboken area. Very flat and easy.

The food was also very tasty! Even chicken salad...which is never tasty. As always, service is flawless.

One star off for charging for internet - COME ON people, it's 2013. You don't pay the 9.95 per night - for multiple nights, you get a discount...(yay?).

Tip:
Sometimes, if you want an upgrade, just ask for a room with two beds.
Go Green for 500 points is awesome

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for sharing your stay on Trip Advisor! I am very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for letting me know how impressed you were with the service you received. I’m also delighted to hear you discovered a hidden gem on the Hoboken/Jersey City waterfront. The views are the perfect setting for a nice run-it is truly such a treat! I fully appreciate your feedback with regards to the internet fee in the guest rooms. For future visits, please be advised that we do offer complimentary high speed wireless internet in all of our public areas. Thank you again for your candid comments and we can’t wait to welcome you back to W Hoboken next time you are in the area! -Pedro D, General Manager
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed just for one night on a staycation and this hotel did not disappoint. I had stayed here in early April 2013 when I was transitioning to my new job, and I found out then that the hotel staff was incredible, as I had to do some last-minute booking when my new apartment wasn't yet ready. That made the choice for this staycation a no-brainer. W hotels do everything right, and with style; the W Hoboken is certainly no exception. From the decor in the lobby, to the chic rooms (had a Wonderful room), they really got it right. The personnel are extremely friendly and helpful. The only thing I would appreciate is if they indicate what the hotel's amenities are upon check-in.
During my August visit, I was there on a Friday night, but was on the 15th floor, so I didn't hear any noise from the lounge, and fortunately didn't hear any loud guests who were arriving late from partying.
The hotel is located about 3 blocks from the Hoboken PATH station, which is right next to the bus depot for NJ transit. Because it's right in Hoboken, there are tons of restaurants within walking distance, so I have never eaten at the hotel. It's about 10 miles (maybe even a little bit less) from Newark airport (EWR). W Hoboken is located right on the Hudson, with an absolutely stunning view of lower Manhattan; the Freedom Tower is stunning to look at in the evening when it's lit up. Has the best view of Manhattan.
Will definitely be returning, even if it is for another staycation.

Room Tip: If you are staying there on the weekend and don't want to be disturbed by people arriving late a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your amazing W Hoboken experience! I am thrilled that you decided to stay with us and extremely delighted that you enjoyed the hotel's perfect location, accommodations, and service received. I’m glad you also had a chance to explore and enjoy the Hoboken area during your visit. Can't wait to welcome you back again on your next staycation! -Pedro D, General Manager

Been to W Hoboken? Share your experiences!