“Just short of perfection” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Hoboken
GreenLeadersBronze level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Just short of perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is about the third time I stayed at the W Hoboken and I love it. The front desk personnel was very friendly and not "snobby" like I have read about staff at some other W hotels. I was there at kind of an off time and luckily got upgraded to a "Fantastic" suite with a view of Manhattan and a balcony. There was a mini-bar and also a "free" refrigerator to put things in. A cool lighted munchie box with snacks and other items for purchase. I did buy the$4.00 W totebag that was in the closet. I didn't eat at the hotel but instead walked a few blocks and went to Chipotle and Panera Bread. There were lots of non-chain choices of restaurants and bars along with McDonalds.
I walked along the river which was very nice- even in the cold. There is plenty of walking space and a separate wide bike lane. Next time I plan to take the ferry to Manhattan which was very close to the hotel.
I think valet parking at the hotel was $40. There is a nice parking garage directly across from the main hotel entrance where I parked overnight for $30. The garage has an attendant, is well lighted and it is not a busy street you have to cross. I could have paid the attendant cash but since I was using a credit card I had to use one of several pay stations and leave the receipt in the car. Very easy and felt safe.
My only complaint was with the shower head and the water pressure. No adjustment to the shower head and the water pressure was low.
Lots of work space in the suite and a table to eat on. My suite even had a guest bath.
I enjoyed every minute I was at the W Hoboken!

Room Tip: It never hurts to ask for an upgrade to a suite, a Manhattan view and a balcony.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
GMAnna, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to share your W Hoboken experience on Trip Advisor! I’m always so happy to hear guests taking advantage of everything the hotel and the City of Hoboken has to offer! Frank Sinatra Pier provides wonderful walking trails and breathtaking views of New York City and I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed both. We look forward to your fourth stay with us at W Hoboken! – Anna M., General Manager

748 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Pros: Upgraded without even making a request on arrival to a larger room. Had reserved the King City skyline view, but this room was the larger Splendid room and had a very cool blue circular swivel chair at the corner window with incredible Manhattan skyline and river views.
Staff was very nice, friendly and accommodating.
Beautiful room...Cool hotel.

Cons: Parking charge is substantial and one should really be informed prior to (even though it's not too unexpected...)
Room service seemed to have trouble with basic order, didn't arrive hot (after explicitly requesting it come hot), then came piecemeal causing temp problem again. They comped it, which was fair...
Tub filled to ankle deep water immediately upon showering (yuck) and didn't reduce, even after an hour. Since it was last day and just prior to check out, I addressed it then, but although Allison at the front desk was very sweet and professional, it didn't change the annoyance of the situation, especially since I was there trying to get a break from my hurricane home environment...

Overall, lovely hotel, very nice restaurant (with fairly inexperienced bartender though, only very basic skills). Nice lounges and beautiful spot. Good location. I would return...

Room Tip: Definitely get NYC skyline view!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thanks for posting on Trip Advisor. My sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. I know this is not what you expect when you stay with us for rest and relaxation. Thank you for bringing this to mine and Allison’s attention upon check-out as guest feedback is very important to us. Your In-Room Dining experience is certainly not typical of our hotel and I will be sure to address this with my team. When your travels bring you back to the area, we look forward to welcoming you back to W Hoboken. – Anna M., General Manager
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

The W in Hoboken is a great hotel, I'd highly recommend staying here. The hotel itself is very cool and hip. Service is amazing, everyone was friendly, helpful and knowledgable about the area. Hoboken is a very fun city, much smaller than Manhattan but nice to go out for dinner after a day in Manhattan. You can easily walk to many restaurants from the W.
There are a couple of bars in the W, very nice. One has a particularly cool view of Manhattan. Parking is expensive ($35 day) however to be expected given the location. Easy trip into Manhattan as the path is a short walk away. The Path takes you into 33rd street station or alternatively you can go to the world trade center.

Good gym at the W, large enough with a fair number of cardio equipment and weights. Free coffee in the morning.

All in all good hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for sharing on Trip Advisor! Guest satisfaction is very important to us and I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed W Hoboken as well as the many dining and entertainment options in Hoboken. I’m also happy to hear you took advantage of the PATH station and the easy access it provides to New York City. W Hoboken is a wonderful destination after a whirlwind day of sightseeing in Manhattan! We hope to see you again soon! – Anna M., General Manager
Guelph, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

The only negative we have to say about this Hotel is that we only got to stay here for One Night Only. It far exceeded our expectations in every way possible:
Valet staff: Very polite and friendly, they even gave a toy to each of our young boys which certainly made their day.
Room Service: Very friendly & efficient. Less than 5 minutes after requesting a crib we had one, with clean pressed bedding, the staff were also considerate to place it were we felt best.
Location: I have been to NYC several times in the past and I have never once had breath taking views like the one we had from our room, overlooking the Hudson River at the NYC Skyline. Both Day and Night it is amazing. The Hoboken Train station is also 2 minutes walk from the Hotel, which provides a service directly to Manhattan. If I realized just how convenient it was I would have stayed at the W Hotel for the following nights I had planned for NYC.
Beds: The Beds were extremely comfortable and immaculate.
Hoboken: We were pleasantly surprised by Hoboken as a whole. A very vibrant, trendy area. Family Friendly and numerous great places to eat.
We will certainly stay here again on our next visit and intend on staying in Hoboken for the whole time, commuting into Manhattan by train or ferry.

Thank You W Hotel for a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Try and request one overlooking The Hudson River with a NYC Skyline view. Amazing View!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor! Your review is much appreciated and clearly shows us that your escape with us was a memorable one! Your feedback gives us a great chance to celebrate with our Talent team members! When your travels bring you back to the area we look forward to welcoming you back to W Hoboken! – Anna M., General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Nothing bad to say about this great Hotel.
Excellent views on Manhattan, nice area with many bars and restaurants.
New, clean rooms. Comfortable beds and friendly, helpful employees.
Absolutely worth the money.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for posting on Trip Advisor! Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise. We’ll see you again soon at W Hoboken! – Anna M., General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I've stayed here no less than 7 times. Every time I travel from the west coast to the east coast, this is where I go. The hotel staff are always very accommodating, rooms are great and the general manager is amazing too. They always go the extra mile for you and fulfill any special requests you may have. Hoboken it's self is a great little city. Minutes from NYC, and the room views of the city........doesn't get better

• Stayed February 2012
Thanks for sharing your stay on Trip Advisor! I am very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for letting me know how impressed you were with the service you received. We look forward to many more stays with you! – Anna M., General Manager
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stayed for the second time at the W in Hoboken and was again pleased. Check in was easy, I had a nice Hudson River view room and it remains a great location for activities in the city or Hoboken itself. If I could chnage anything it would be to insulate the doors to the rooms a bit more so you don't hear people chattering near the elevators.

If you stay be sure to check out the extended waterfront walkway now that extends to Jersey City. Simply walk through the NJ Transit tranststion and continue along the brick sidewalks - it extends a good 2+ miles now and allows you to walk nearly all of JC's waterfront as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a riverfront room away from the elevators
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor! I’m delighted to hear you discovered a hidden gem on the Hoboken/Jersey City waterfront. Few guests ever make the trek or discover the views of Manhattan on that side of Hoboken and I’m so glad you did! We look forward to your third stay at W Hoboken! – Anna M., General Manager

Been to W Hoboken? Share your experiences!