“Great views” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Great views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

I love staying here. Each room is very modern with amazing views of NYC. Service is great and there are so many great bars and restaurants in town. The Bliss Spa is also fantastic. Getting into manhattan is also very easy. Just a short walk to the path station and the path ride into the city takes about 10 minutes or so. Very conveniently located.

• Stayed February 2012
GMAnna, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for sharing your recent W Hoboken experience on Trip Advisor! I’m so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. The City of Hoboken offers so much for dining and entertainment options and I’m always happy to hear W Hoboken guests taking advantage of them. We look forward to your next stay with us! – Anna M, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

the W in hoboken is a great hotel. the room "a spectacular king" was just as described at check-in. A large room with an incredible view of lower Manhattan, really beautiful at night. Even saw the Queen Mary 2 leaving the New York harbor and cruise past Freedom Tower on a beautiful night.

Breakfast and dinner were both very good in the hotel restaurant and reasonably priced. The workout room is also nice and spacious.

Definitely a good place to stay and a short PATH ride to the city

Room Tip: if you can get a view of Manhattan, it's worth it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for posting on Trip Advisor! I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay, especially seeing the Queen Mary 2 depart New York City. What a treat! I will be sure to share your kind comments with my Talent as they will be happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. We’ll see you soon! – Anna M., General Manager
Phildelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The "W" Hotel in Hoboken was a beautiful property! The staff was amazing!!! From the moment I called to note some details to my reservation, Tykira was awesome!!!! She assisted w/ our late arrival, dinner reservations, ferry information and much more! The doorman Damain was so helpful! Chris, our waiter was great! We had a fantastic stay & I would go back again, again and agian! LOVE the "W"!!!!! Everyone should go!!!!

Room Tip: Stay in a room way from the ice machine!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
WOW, thank you for sharing your amazing W Hoboken experience! Your feedback gives us a wonderful chance to celebrate with our Talent team members and I will not neglect to put Tykira, Damian and Chris in the spotlight! They will be so happy to hear this wonderful feedback! I’m elated to hear you enjoyed your stay and we certainly look forward to your next visit to W Hoboken! – Anna M., General Manager
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Excellent guest service, helpful staff. Conceirge helpful on arranging airport transfer. 5 minutes walk to ferry and the path that takes you to Manhatten. Room with excellent view of the Manhattan. Free coffee and tea in the lobby.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
GMAnna, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for posting your W Hoboken experience on Trip Advisor! I’m delighted to hear you took advantage of so many amenities we offer at the hotel: complimentary coffee and tea in the Living Room, amazing views of New York City, as well as our wonderful Talent! We certainly look forward to your next trip to W Hoboken! – Anna M., General Manager
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I used this property just to change planes, I flew in late on a Thursday from London and was flying down to Atlanta early the following morning.

Often tied and irritable after a long flight (and US immigration and Customs), I usually want somewhere nice to rest.

I did not know the area or property, I did want somewhere nice and relaxing after the flight and a long week at work.

The property was delightful, reception fast and efficient, more importantly it was very friendly and helpful.

The ambiance of reception and the lobby was more upscale rather than trendy which I welcomed as some W hotels can try a little too hard to be trendy. So the relaxed , soft and clean tones of the entrance were great.

The room was wonderful and the view this property presents over Manhattan is wonderful. As a gadget person I loved the large rotating chair which was also a fabulous surprise.

The bathroom features all seemed new and certainly I was grateful of the powerful shower at 4 am the following morning.

The property is by the river and I quickly went down to take photos from the walkway which runs along the river.

My early wake up call came on time as did the follow up and getting check-out a car was ready to take me to the airport for my flight down to Atlanta. All of this had been volunteered and arranged at reception with the most minimum of effort on my part.

I hope to get back to this property as would very much like to spend some more time exploring, it also provides an excellent alternative to the Manhattan properties.

Well done!, I hope the area and property are all back to normal after Sandy.

Room Tip: Suggest a high floor and one with views. The rotating chair is also very cool!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for posting on Trip Advisor! I’m delighted the brief time you spent with us in between London and Atlanta was to your utmost satisfaction. Customer care is one of our top priorities at W Hoboken and I’m so glad to hear you enjoyed the property as well as the view of New York City from the comfort of your guest room. We certainly look forward to your next visit to W Hoboken! – Anna M., General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

My wife, 16 week old daughter and I stayed here for five night as refugees from the power outages caused by Hurricane Sandy as soon as the hotel reopened from its own outage. From the start, when three tired and cold individuals drove up to the door, the staff could not have been more welcoming. Despite looking absolutely exhausted themselves from reopening the hotel and, no doubt, their own Sandy trials and tribulations, the door team and reception manager went out of their way to get us into our room as quickly and efficiently as possible. The room itself was lovely with great views of Manhattan. The service continued to be excellent throughout our stay. Bar and restaurant staff were welcoming and accommodating, particularly to the needs of our daughter and all requests were handled expeditiously and with good humor. Would certainly recommend the hotel to anyone in the area and to those with business in Lower Manhattan, which we discovered was surprisingly convenient with the ferry!

Stayed November 2012
Thank you for sharing your recent W Hoboken experience on Trip Advisor! It was our pleasure to host you and your family in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. I’m so glad to hear we became a safe haven in the days that followed. As the City of Hoboken comes back to life, we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to W Hoboken under more pleasant circumstances! – Anna M., General Manager
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is a long over post. In July, my family and I moved from Manhattan to Hoboken. It was an incredibly long, tiring, frustrating day. We finally got the moving truck completely unloaded at 7:45PM. However, nothing was in it's place none of the beds were assembled, and little if anything was in it final location. Luckily, I had made a reservation for us to stay at the W Hoboken that night (a Friday). We arrived at about 8:00PM. I wish I had a camera so that you could see what we looked like. I was a sweaty, smelly, dirty mess. My wife was as well, and my 2.5 year old daughter was 'losing it'. When we walked in the lobby we got looks from a lot of people, like 'why are they here'. Maybe it was the way I looked or smelled, maybe it was that my daughter was starving and eating a chicken tender with her fingers as we stood at the check in counter, I don't know. All we wanted was our room key so we could get showered and go to bed.

When we got to the check in desk, we were greeted by a very pleasant young lady who was nothing but kind. We made small talk and I explained our situation and she responded with a sweet, 'welcome to Hoboken'. I wish I could recall her name. It was at about this same time that Marc Adraz (Mgr) approached me from behind that desk and offered his hand and said, 'welcome to Hoboken' as well. At this time they told me it would be just a minute or two on the room. Not knowing what was happening and having a starving 2.5 yr old my wife started asking me, 'what's going on?' To which I could only say, 'I don't know'. A few minutes later, Marc returned and said 'follow me'. He walked us to the elevator, and escorted us to the 17th floor (I think), and opened that door to the most amazing suite I have ever seen, again saying, 'welcome to Hoboken'. You have no idea how great it felt getting to unwind for a few hours, shower, and relax in comfort after the day we had. I want to thank all of the staff at the W for the hospitality that night and for making our stay memorable. The only negative about the entire stay is that we checked-in at 8:00PM and I was gone and back at the new house at 7:00AM the next morning. Wish I had more time to enjoy the experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you sharing on Trip Advisor! What an amazing story and it was our absolute pleasure to extend to you and your family one of our amazing WOW suites! It couldn’t have gone to a nicer family and we certainly appreciate the kind words. Your feedback gives us a wonderful chance to celebrate with our Talent team members and I will not neglect to put Marc in the spotlight! We hope you and your family are all settled in Hoboken. Please visit us again! – Anna M., General Manager

Been to W Hoboken? Share your experiences!