“Simply excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Hoboken
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Simply excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

My wife, 16 week old daughter and I stayed here for five night as refugees from the power outages caused by Hurricane Sandy as soon as the hotel reopened from its own outage. From the start, when three tired and cold individuals drove up to the door, the staff could not have been more welcoming. Despite looking absolutely exhausted themselves from reopening the hotel and, no doubt, their own Sandy trials and tribulations, the door team and reception manager went out of their way to get us into our room as quickly and efficiently as possible. The room itself was lovely with great views of Manhattan. The service continued to be excellent throughout our stay. Bar and restaurant staff were welcoming and accommodating, particularly to the needs of our daughter and all requests were handled expeditiously and with good humor. Would certainly recommend the hotel to anyone in the area and to those with business in Lower Manhattan, which we discovered was surprisingly convenient with the ferry!

Stayed November 2012
GMAnna, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for sharing your recent W Hoboken experience on Trip Advisor! It was our pleasure to host you and your family in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. I’m so glad to hear we became a safe haven in the days that followed. As the City of Hoboken comes back to life, we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to W Hoboken under more pleasant circumstances! – Anna M., General Manager

743 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is a long over post. In July, my family and I moved from Manhattan to Hoboken. It was an incredibly long, tiring, frustrating day. We finally got the moving truck completely unloaded at 7:45PM. However, nothing was in it's place none of the beds were assembled, and little if anything was in it final location. Luckily, I had made a reservation for us to stay at the W Hoboken that night (a Friday). We arrived at about 8:00PM. I wish I had a camera so that you could see what we looked like. I was a sweaty, smelly, dirty mess. My wife was as well, and my 2.5 year old daughter was 'losing it'. When we walked in the lobby we got looks from a lot of people, like 'why are they here'. Maybe it was the way I looked or smelled, maybe it was that my daughter was starving and eating a chicken tender with her fingers as we stood at the check in counter, I don't know. All we wanted was our room key so we could get showered and go to bed.

When we got to the check in desk, we were greeted by a very pleasant young lady who was nothing but kind. We made small talk and I explained our situation and she responded with a sweet, 'welcome to Hoboken'. I wish I could recall her name. It was at about this same time that Marc Adraz (Mgr) approached me from behind that desk and offered his hand and said, 'welcome to Hoboken' as well. At this time they told me it would be just a minute or two on the room. Not knowing what was happening and having a starving 2.5 yr old my wife started asking me, 'what's going on?' To which I could only say, 'I don't know'. A few minutes later, Marc returned and said 'follow me'. He walked us to the elevator, and escorted us to the 17th floor (I think), and opened that door to the most amazing suite I have ever seen, again saying, 'welcome to Hoboken'. You have no idea how great it felt getting to unwind for a few hours, shower, and relax in comfort after the day we had. I want to thank all of the staff at the W for the hospitality that night and for making our stay memorable. The only negative about the entire stay is that we checked-in at 8:00PM and I was gone and back at the new house at 7:00AM the next morning. Wish I had more time to enjoy the experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you sharing on Trip Advisor! What an amazing story and it was our absolute pleasure to extend to you and your family one of our amazing WOW suites! It couldn’t have gone to a nicer family and we certainly appreciate the kind words. Your feedback gives us a wonderful chance to celebrate with our Talent team members and I will not neglect to put Marc in the spotlight! We hope you and your family are all settled in Hoboken. Please visit us again! – Anna M., General Manager
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here for 9 nights and truly impressed by the view of the Manhattan skyline. The location is good as it is a short walk to the PATH station and then it is a short ride to the city. The restaurant on site, Zylo was good although a bit too dark for my liking. In room wifi was good. The bed was comfy and they give you lots of pillows!

Room Tip: You have to choose the rooms with views of Manhattan. It's really excellent.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor! For your long-term stay, I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your W Hoboken experience. Guest satisfaction is very important to us so thank you for sharing your comments regarding your ZYLO dining experience. I will certainly share this with them. I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed your guest room as well as the amazing view of the Manhattan skyline! When your travels bring you back to Hoboken, we look forward to welcoming you to W Hoboken! – Anna M., General Manager
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here 3 nights for a wedding, two weeks before Hurricane Sandy. Even though our king-size "cozy room" did seem small, it was really comfortable and we felt fancy! The modern style of the hotel/rooms is nice, playful, and plush-y, not sleek and cold.
BEST FEATURE: LOCATION! It was an easy walk to Washington, the main strip of Hoboken, to find stores and restaurants, and an easy walk to the Hoboken PATH station to get into the city. Also loved strolling along the river walk- nice place to hang out and take pics in front of the Manhattan skyline. We did not rent a car.
BATHROOM: I loved, loved, loved the shower: nice-sized walk-in (no tub), mini-tiles on the floor/wall, mirror in the shower!, wide shelf that was part of the tiled wall, glass door, and good heat/pressure. However, the lighting was kinda low (and sexy?) in the bathroom and in the room overall.
"COZY ROOM": The huge picture window was beautiful and the solid window blind worked well to block the morning light if you want to sleep in. Though there wasn't an overhead room light, the backlighting on the headboard was pretty and bright enough most of the time.
BONUS: There's a DVD player and you can borrow movies for free! I also liked the fun, glowing, color-changing plastic thing that held the for-purchase snacks & other stuff, but don't worry- you can turn it off. Random happiness: the floor mats in the elevators are changed out throughout the day to wish you a good morning, good afternoon, or good eevning! hee hee
LOBBY: I also really liked the comfy lounge area in the lobby with free coffee and tea in the morning. It's a bar at night but not like a roped-off place, just a casual place to get a drink, sit on couches and hang out. We watched the Yankees game on tv there!
"WOW SUITE": We also got to hang out in one of the suites w/our friends-- OMG it was gorgeous! Awesome view (balcony), lots of space to hang out in the living room/parlor/whatever, cool glowing jellyfish art sculpture in the middle of the room, extra bathroom for guests, kitchenette. Loved it! So jealous. Wanted to move there permanently. (By the way, there are residences on the property so it's totally possible!)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your W Hoboken experience and I hope you enjoyed the wedding! I’m so happy to hear you took full advantage of your hotel experience and were lucky enough to visit our WOW suite. Your feedback gives us a wonderful chance to celebrate with our Talent team members and I am happy to share your detailed comments with my team! We look forward to your next stay with us at W Hoboken! – Anna M., General Manager
Stamford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Just what we had wanted. Valet parking was a must simply because there was no other parking option. A charming place. We honeymooned here before cruising out. It was an easy access location with two restaurants on site and many more in the area .

Room Tip: The river view was totally worth it.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
GMAnna, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for posting on Trip Advisor! I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed your W Hoboken experience prior to departing on your honeymoon cruise. I will certainly share your wonderful feedback with the Talent and with ZYLO team! We look forward to your next stay with us! – Anna M., General Manager
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Have stayed at this hotel a few times and highly recommend it. Fabulous view of Manhatten skyline day or night! Water taxi right outside the door of the hotel, shuttle service to main terminal for water taxis, then buses into NYC. Hotel room large, clean, with sofa and kitchenette. The beds are luxurious which makes for a good nights sleep after a long day in NYC. Quiet setting next to the Hudson River.We flew into Newark airport which was so accessible to the hotel.

Room Tip: Request room with view of Hudson River and Manhatten skyline.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for posting your recent W Hoboken experience on Trip Advisor and for your well wishes in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. Thankfully, we suffered minor structural damage and eventually restored power. I’m so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay as well as the convenient location to Manhattan and Newark Airport. We look forward to your next stay with us! – Anna M., General Manager
Eden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband and I had a WONDERFUL experience at the W Hotel last weekend. We planned the trip in order to see Alex Cuba and his band play at Maxwell's as well as visiting some friends. We had not been to Hoboken before and we were pleasantly surprised. The welcome at check in could not have been warmer. Our room was gorgeous with the view of the Manhattan skyline and the Hudson River. The bed was comfortable and we felt at home right away! The housekeeping staff should be commended on the super job that they do. Our room was clean and well maintained. The whole property was just beautiful! The decor is distinctly modern and complemented the surrounding area.I especially liked how quiet the rooms were. We could have been in the hotel alone...I did not hear any noise all night! The concierge was so helpful in arranging our circle tour around Manhattan. It was a spectacular way to see the city. The check out process also went smoothly. The front desk staff is professional and very friendly!
Thanks to the tremendous staff at the W Hotel, our trip was a total success! We enjoyed drinks at the bar, but my husband and I both agreed that you might want to reconsider the music played during the evening. Dance music is for discos. We would have liked to hear some nice sophisticated jazz to complement the modern decor and city atmosphere as well as to make conversation easier. Our dinner at Zylo was delectable! Hoboken has been transformed into a bustling little city with great restaurants and shops. A pedestrian/bikeway is located right next to the river with playgrounds and skateboard parks. Benches make walking and sightseeing a pleasure. Ferries can transport you to Manhattan within minutes. We loved it and hope to return to the W and Hoboken soon!

Room Tip: Try to land a corner room on the highest floor. The views are tremendous!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to W Hoboken? Share your experiences!