“Exceed my expectation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hoboken
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Exceed my expectation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

The room comfort & location on the Hoboken W was even better than expected. Drinks were expensive. Lighting: I know the low lighting is part of the trendy feel, but honestly--you need a flash light to walk through the lobby & I'm not sure how the desk staff can manage their work. Great stay though.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GMAnna, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thanks for your feedback regarding your recent W Hoboken experience. I will certainly share this with my team. However, I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your guest room as well as the City of Hoboken! When your travels bring you back to the area, we look forward to welcoming you back to W Hoboken. – Anna M., General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is my third stay at this property and all three experiences have been consistent. Well appointed rooms with fabulous views. Hotel staff is friendly and professional. Food/drinks are pricey. I am particular with my hotels and I recommend this one without hesitation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GMAnna, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor! I’m delighted to hear we consistently WOW you stay after stay! Your comments certainly gives us a reason to celebrate. We look forward to your fourth stay with us! – Anna M., General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed here for about 2 weeks with family and cat. Great amenities, gorgeous NYC views, fantastic customer service at every turn and a delicious Italian restaurant on site. Brunch outside is nice, too. Spa is good, not great.

2 blocks from PATH train to NYC = easy.

It's expensive, sure. But, worth it, if you enjoy this kind of experience.

• Stayed October 2011
Torino
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

I suggest a room with a Manhattan view. The restaurant is good; walking distance from PATH. Lots of places where to eat around. Safe area. Bring with you running shoes, a nice park is waiting for you to do jogging and pictures to the manhattan skyline. Calme and relaxing is probably better to stay here than in the city.

• Stayed September 2012
GMAnna, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thanks for posting on Trip Advisor! W Hoboken is ideally located on the Hudson River and I’m so happy to hear you took advantage of Frank Sinatra Park and Pier A’s running trails. I will certainly share your comments with the ZYLO team as well as I know they will be delighted to hear them. On behalf of ZYLO and W Hoboken, we look forward to welcoming you back! – Anna M., General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

There for a week for business trip had lovely room lovely view staff friendly and helpfully loved the coffee by the entrance a nice touch! Really liked this place if ever going for a vacation would more than likely stay here!

• Stayed September 2012
GMAnna, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thanks for sharing on Trip Advisor! It’s always gratifying to hear our business travelers enjoy their accommodations after a long day and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back for pleasure as well! See you soon! – Anna M., General Manager
Kansas City, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I was here for 3 days for a business trip. The view was unbelievable - Manhattan and the Hudson River, especially at night was just breathtaking. I had to have maintenance come up to get my TV to work, and every evening the picture and sound cut out and pixilated badly. Bed was comfy, treats they left in my room were great, and all in all it was a lovely place to stay when away from home. Hoboken is a great city and I'd go back, just as long as someone else is paying. It's a little out of my price range, but it is extremely nice. They change the rugs in the "lifts" (elevators) to say Good Morning or Good Evening. Absolutely amazing....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GMAnna, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for sharing your recent W Hoboken in Trip Advisor! My sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced regarding the TV in your guest room. This is certainly not typical of our hotel and I will address this with my team immediately. However, I’m glad you enjoyed the other aspects of your stay at the hotel as well as the City of Hoboken! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next business trip to W Hoboken! – Anna M., General Manager
Yardley, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I expect more when I spend this type of money. Stopped in bar for a drink with my wife who drinks Chardonnay. They're selection one crummy overpriced glass and they don't have it. Thee server tell us they are out of chardonnay. Not let me call somebody to see if they can find a bottle of something else, nothing .the hotel is out of chardonnay.

We get to our room as stated neat and clean. To close the blinds you have to reach over the television to find the cord. i will tell you if you are under 5' 7" it will not be easy.

The next morning we are awkien by an employees trying to slip our bill under the door at 6:00am. It sounded like a dog trying to get in our room. Don't know what the issue was but he/she woke us both up.

Coffee - no coffee in the room, okay. Go down to the bar where there is a couple of carafes on of coffee and one of hot water. No decaf and no one to ask. Any Holiday Inn Express, Homewood suite would be embarrased by what the W put out but would have somebody there at least to talk ask.
Not worth the money, but if you wnt to stay in Hoboken this is it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
GMAnna, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for posting your recent W Hoboken experience on Trip Advisor. Our guest feedback is important to us as often times it may pinpoint an area of needed focus and attention. Please accept our apologies for the dissatisfaction of your time spent with us. This is certainly not the W Hoboken experience we aim to provide our guests and I am truly sorry for your experience. I have notified our management team so that we may look further into this matter. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are truly sorry that we did not carry out this promise. Again, many thanks for sharing and we hope that you will return to the Sheraton Inner Harbor soon – Anna M., General Manager

Been to W Hoboken? Share your experiences!