“A Fantastic Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“A Fantastic Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

If you're into Ultra Chic decor and upscale amenities, then the W Hotel is the place for you. Whether you visit the Living Room Lounge, the Chandelier Room or Zylo, casual sophistication is what you'll find.

Room Tip: Specifically ask for a room with a view of the NYC Skyline
GMAnna, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this review, January 4, 2012
I’m so glad you found our hotel and service to be 5 star! We also can’t wait to welcome you back! – Anna M., General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

I stayed here with my boyfriend in Dec. 2011. We never go away, but got a great deal at the W for a night, when we were visiting NYC. The second we arrived, I knew we'd have a great time. We were able to upgrade for $30 to a city view and check in early. We had no idea what to expect, but we got to our room and it was perfect. It smelled clean, great view of the city and just overall impressed us. Very chic. We are in our 20's and we loved everything about it. We took the subway to the city. The subway station was a short walk from the hotel. The staff was very nice and accommodating. No complaints!

I would 100% recommend this hotel and definitely go back there for our next trip to NYC.

Room Tip: You have to get a city view room. It's worth the upgrade price!
GMAnna, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this review, January 4, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you spent time with your boyfriend in NYC. I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay and the convenience of Hoboken. I'm so glad we were able to upgrade you to a room with a city view. We hope to welcome you back whenever you are in town visiting NYC. – Anna M., General Manager
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

The W Hotels set themselves up as being different and somehow better because of the difference. I don't see it. In this particular hotel we arrived late about 1 AM. Had to pay rack rate cause "the computer was not working"...since when can't a manager adjust a rate? The first room they asked us to take was so filled with some strange perfume smell (this is a W thing) we could not stay in it. With so many people allergic to strong scents it make no sense to me to have rooms over-perfumed like this. From that point on we had to find the room that smelled the least. The rooms were small and i felt like I was in a gift shop with all the articles and snacks available for sale in the room. Bottle of water=$8.00. For me the W in W hotels will stand for W-ithout me.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
GMAnna, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this review, January 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your W Hoboken experience. I am sorry that you were offended by the scent in your room. It is a brand standard in all W hotels worldwide. I'm sorry you found some aspects of our room set up confusing and in the future please don’t hesitate to call Whatever/Whenever to ask any questions. I hope to welcome you back to W Hoboken in the future. – Anna M., General Manager
Huntington Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011 via mobile

This was my second visit to the W Hoboken in 2 years. It was my first choice to return back for this hotel. We had a corner room overlooking the Hudson River. We could see the whole NYC skyline and a special view of Tower One of the World Trade Center that was currently under construction. Spacious room for 4 women. The modern vibe of the hotel is a draw for me and the W brand hotel does not disappoint in hotel amenities. Concierge desk was helpful in making dinner recommendations and reservations. Short walk to the PATH and to downtown Hoboken and Carlo's bakery! Went to Brass Rail for lunch and Amanda's for dinner. Both incredible. Loved the coffee/tea station in the morning as well.

• Stayed October 2011
GMAnna, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this review, January 4, 2012
I’m delighted to hear you and your friends decided to stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor. I will be sure to share your kind words with my team. – Anna M., General Manager
Gaithersburg, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

This is a nice hotel and the people are nice. Room was nice but there were problems turning the A la carte tray off. Had to search and pull plugs to get it to go off. They say they have a strict noise policy. Well some one did not tell the group that stayed by us. They were having a bachelorette party. We called the front desk and they said we will notify security. They went up and told them that they need to keep it down. Then left, not bothering to stick around to ensure they were going to keep it down. 2 1/2 minutes later they were back to yelling and hooting. Called the front desk again and they said they were going to send security again. 5 to 10 minutes later security showed up and they said something to them again. Not bothering to stick around they ladies were back at it. Called the front desk and they say the they will be sending them (security) back up. 10- 15 minutes later they were knocking at the door again. Again not bothering to stick around the ladies were back to being loud and again the front desk was loud. We were offered another room but I had a wife that was sleeping off and on and a son that was a sleep. I am not going to be inconvienced. Next morning we decided that we were going to leave not worth the hassle and money to be inconvienced like that and a policy that the hotel does not want to live up to. If you can't enforce it don't have it. Simple rule for the hotel W. Was also charged an extra days parking for a night we were not even there. Was later refunded back to us along with a voucher to stay for one night. Called the 1877 number and was told they have a Wonderful room but had to call the hotel directly and they say its booked completely. Soooo who is the liar? 877 numbers says rooms available.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
GMAnna, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this review, January 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed the look and feel of our hotel, but I apologize for the disturbances you experienced from other guests. I know this is not what you expect when you come to stay with us for rest and relaxation. I apologize if you had trouble with your Munchie Bar. Next time please feel free to ask our Whatever/Whenever team and we will be happy to provide assistance in your guest room. Please don't hesistate to contact me to redeem your complimentary stay with us. I hope to welcome you back to W Hoboken in the future. – Anna M., General Manager
NY/NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

We live very close to the W in Hoboken, so I have been to the bar and restaurants. So I decided to book a room for a night, as we were having some work done to our home.

We just left Le Parker Meridien (which was a disappointing hotel) and decided to give the W a try. I used my Starwood points and we asked to be upgraded so my kids could enjoy a view of the skyline. Not only were we upgraded, but they left milk and cookies for the kids. Nice touch.

From the front desk, to the bellman, to the staff at the restaurant.....service was exceptional. Every room service order was followed up with a phone call to check to see if we were satisfied. The rooms are modern, clean, and spacious enough with plenty of amenities. The bed was extremely comfortable and the appointments were tasteful.

We were so impressed, we decided to stay 2 extra nights and the service remained consistent. I highly recommend eating at Zylo, which is described as a Tuscan steakhouse (whatever that means). The pastas were exceptionally light, creative, and flavorful. The porcini rubbed rib eye is also very good and paired nicely with the decent wine list. The service, again, was 5 stars.

I really cannot say enough great things about how well we were treated and how accommodating the staff was to my family. I know what you are thinking...."it's just a W, how good could it really be?" It ranks as one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had.

Room Tip: You need a room with a view of the NYC obviously
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
GMAnna, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this review, January 4, 2012
I’m so glad we are a comfortable home away from home for you! I appreciate you taking the time to write this review on Trip Advisor and share your comments with the world. Your feedback gives us a great chance to celebrate with our Talent team members who helped to make you stay fabulous. I’m glad you had a chance to enjoy our Zylo restaurant. We hope to see you again soon! – Anna M., General Manager
hoboken
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

My Fiance and I wanted to take a moment and thank you endlessly for our recent stay at the Hoboken W. We have lived in Hoboken for the last 3 years and have always talked about spending a night - just for kicks. We couldn't be happier that we saved a special night (our anniversary) to stay with you and your staff. From the moment I made the reservation we were treated like gold. Rich and Amanda from Whenever/Whatever were the epitome of customer relations professionals. Rich was kind enough to secure a plate of pastries from our favorite bakery, and the best in Hoboken, Giorgios. Not to mention his offer of Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries ... so kind, it actually brought tears to our eyes. Amanda endured our multiple phone calls to the desk about pillows, car service and cheeseburgers! So kind, just perfection.

We did not want to leave and are anxiously waiting for our next special day so that we can again spend a night in the heavenly bed!

Thank you Anna and to the entire staff at W Hoboken.

Room Tip: You have to get a city facing room ... it's the biggest perk
GMAnna, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this review, January 4, 2012
I’m glad to hear that you and your husband finally chose to visit us on your anniversary! I appreciate you taking the time to write on Trip Advisor. I'm so glad our Whatever/Whenever team helped to make your stay that much more special. We look forward to welcoming you back for many more “staycations” in the future. – Anna M., General Manager

Been to W Hoboken? Share your experiences!