“Delicious Bread” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakeries
New York City, New York
“Delicious Bread”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We are fortunate enough to live just 2 blocks away from this Italian Bakery. We stop here on our way home from work or on a Saturday afternoon to get some of the best fresh-baked bread we have ever had. Definitely worth it to stop in, and extremely affordable!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Hoboken, New Jersey
“The place for bread!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

This is the place I go for my fresh loaf of Italian bread. Simple and great. Place has been around forever. Not a fancy bakery like Carlos on Washington St. Definitely stop in, the same old Italian man has been there forever, now he has some younger people helping him out. $1 for a small $2 for a regular, great fresh bread. Tried the cookies once, they were ok.

“The Real Deal - Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Love this place! Best bread in town. Simple and straightforward - they make bread here like they did 100 years ago.

Hoboken water has a high mineral content and makes for crispy bread on the outside, soft on the in.

So good. I live going here after work to grab a dinner loaf. The sweet, elderly man (owner I believe) slowly selects my bread and wraps it up, just like he has for 80 years, and I look forward to it every time I go.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ramsey, New Jersey
“Amazing breads - definite old world feel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Antique Bakery has, in my opinion, the best bread anywhere. The breads are fresh, airy, baked to perfection. And get their foccacia bread - it's out of this world.

Visited July 2012
New York City, New York
“Need focaccia? It's right here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

This is my stop for tomato round focaccia. Totally tasty and I always bring several to my Dad as he lives a few hours away. Good stuffed breads as well. I always double park outside - the police don't bother you!

• Visited July 2012