“Do not risk your health by staying in this hotel” 1 of 5 stars

You added Hillsborough Days Inn to your Saves list
Hillsborough Days Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   118 US Highway 206, Hillsborough, NJ 08844   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hillsborough
“Do not risk your health by staying in this hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

Carbon monoxide alarm went off. Night manager "fixed" it by putting in new battery. Went off again. Would not reverse credit card charge that night as we tried to check out ofhotel.

• Stayed May 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. We had booked a King bedded room. We were pleased with the size of the room and bathroom. The bed was comfortable. However this is where it stops. The furniture was all very badly chipped and the wall looked as though the plaster was coming off in various places. There was however tea and coffee facilities which was replenished each day. There was also a microwave which we did not use because it smelt inside. I opened up the pillow cases to discover what looked like blood stains. The sheets and blanket were spotless. I forgot to mention that crawling on my bedsidetable were several ants that greeted us on arrival! We never saw any again for the rest of the stay.
Breakfast is eaten near the reception area. There are five tables only so sometimes you had to wait until one was free. Breakfast consisted of apple or orange juice, cornflakes or Frosties, bread which you could toast, butter and jam. There were always only four donuts put out at a time. Coffee was either decaff or regular which was in vaccum flasks. The milk was in open jugs which seemed rather unhygenic. There was also a waffle maker. The breakfast area was always untidy. Replenishment was done by the receptionist which was hard for her.
The staff were helpful and friendly.
We paid approx $55 per day for the two of us. It was not worth any more.

If you have to visit the area I suggest you look for somewhere perhaps near Bridgewater.
Forgot to mention that there is a restaurant/bar adjoining the property which is open 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.

To sum it up, the hotel needs a complete renovation.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Myers, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

The Day's Inn is located in Hillsborough, NJ on RT 206. This is certainly not up the to the Wyndham Hotel Group's standards.

The bed was uncomfortable. The carpet was dirty. The bathroom paint was chipped, grout
in bad shape...this hotel is in need of refurbishing, more importantly, as it is the only
one located on Rt. 206. Orange juice was spilled on the floor in the breakfast room and
WAS not cleaned up for a few hours. I take it was not in the young ladies "job
description"...... she did replenish the breakfast items, but I still had to ask for
an item one morning. I was there for my brother's funeral. Upon checking in, I spoke to
the evening clerk and told him as I did not know my sister-in-law's plans, I might be
checking out on Friday morning. He said he would put a note on my
reservation...apparently he did not as there was no note upon checking out. As it
turned out, she did indeed go to the shore on Friday. I could not get a refund for that
night and will never recommend this hotel to anyone who goes to visit that area. I wish
I had taken pictures. Seedy is a way to describe the hotel and parking lot. This is NOT
what I call customer service. I also secured a room for my Aunt and Uncle for a night
before they drove home.

Room Tip: If the hotel were cleaner and less "seedy" I would recommend any room. Wish I had taken ph...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Boca Raton, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

A dump sums it all up. No service, dirty, smelly. It is conveniently located if you need to be in Hillsborough but there are many nice options available 5 minutes up the road in Bridgewater.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Hull, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

Booked 40 rooms for 2 nights, 11/10 & 11/11, $65 a night. Rooming list and key assignment were not ready when we checked in so it was a little chaotic with 100+ people waiting. Lobby and hallways had strong air freshner smell trying to cover up smoke smell. Room was decent, but dirt visible on floor and hairs in bathroom on floor and tub. Sheets had cigarette burns on them and there was a large brown stain on one side of mattress. I specificially asked for a non-smoking room because of allergies/asthma. Our room may/may not have been smoked in but because other rooms around us were smoking, it was hard for the smell not to get into our room and am feeling sick now. The double rooms we booked for the kids only had 3 bath towels each (for 4 people) so we went back to front desk and they handed us 5-6 and told us to come back at 7:30am for more. Really not prepared for our large group. Breakfast was ok, waffles, bagles, muffins, but ran out quickly. If I hadn't been traveling with a large group, I would have switched hotels, paid a little more for a completely non-smoking hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Keansburg, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

It was the worst hotel I've ever been in, the men that work there are rude and lazy all they want is your money. We lost power when I was there and half their emergency lights didn't work,including the one in the stair well. It was pitch black. God forbid there was a fire people would of gotten hurt or trampled on. The rooms had either half power or none at all, and the people working there including the manager did nothing to try and fix it! The breakfast was horrible you had to go down by 6:30 am or all the food would be gone. There were stink bugs every where n flies. House keeping never vacuumed the rugs in the room,all they did was take your towels and garbage, you had to ask for anything else you needed, never mind the fact they brought their kids to work with them! The shower in all the rooms we clogged it took forever to go down. There were blood stains on the comforter, and pubic hair on the "freshly cleaned" towel they gave us. Please for your own safety don't go to this hotel it's filthy and unsafe. Go some where else!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are filthy and unsafe
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Bridgewater, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Like most people here, I was a little nervous about staying in this hotel. Check in was a breeze. The hotel definitely needs some TLC. But you know what? Our room was quiet. Seemed clean. Bed and pillows were comfy. Couldn't really enjoy the complementary continental breakfast because a bus load of out of country tourists were staying at the hotel and they attacked the food area like a swarm of locust. But all in all, it was ok!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hillsborough Days Inn? Share your experiences!