“Local Favorite...Just not by me” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 67 Restaurants in Hillsborough
Cuisines: Italian
Hillsborough, NJ
“Local Favorite...Just not by me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

I've heard many in Hillsborough say Angelo's is the best pizza in town and I often wonder if they have actually ever tried anywhere else because in my mind it's not. Mind you they are very hospitable, especially when Angelo himself is there and has always contributed alot in this town however, pizza and food wise. I would say good, but not the best in town. If you want the best in town, try Alfonso's.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Woodbridge, New Jersey
“Mediocre Food And Always Charged More Than Their Stated Menu Prices for Take-OUt”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2009

We have been to Angelos about 6 or 7 times over the course of 2 years now. We like to give every eatery multiple chances to earn our trust and my husband drives by on his way home from work and is looking for quick take-out.

However, every time we get Angelo's take-out, we have ended up with mediocre food both in pizzas and in hot meals. Angelo's pizzas are primarily just bread and cheese, and if we look closely enough, there's a thin veil of tomato sauce. So, if you like just bread and cheese, then this is your place.

Also, Angelo's menu calls Angelo's a Family Restaurant but it's really just a pizzeria and hang out joint for young teens.

And, every time we have been there to get take-out, we are always overcharged anywhere from $1 to $3 more than the prices on Angelo's menu. We don't mind paying the "stated" price, but if we look at a price on a menu, then, we expect to be charged that price even when it is take-out. And, if his prices have gone up, then Angelo's should not hand out old menus to their customers when customers are ordering. Or, he should add a note saying: Our prices have gone up. And, this has been a regular occurrence for two years now. So, it's not just a one time mistake.

Perhaps Angelo's doesn't overcharge eat-in customers, I don't know. However, we won't be returning here.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere