“Always Great at Circa” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
High Bridge, New Jersey
“Always Great at Circa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Always have a great time at Circa, and the food is usually awesome. Atmosphere is the best in the area, and service is always great. They have great wines and the beers are awesome and they are always bringing new ones. Never a disappointment!

Visited December 2012

Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
“We had an exquisite meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We went to CIrca the other night for the second time. We enjoyed our first visit but must say that we were absolutely delighted by our second meal there. We started with the Mussels in Garlic and WIne and even though this is a simple dish it was so good, I wanted to drink the broth from the bowel. The humous that came with the complementary bread was perhaps the best, most flavorful humous I have ever eaten. We also had the small plate of Brussels Sprouts with caramelized onions and Chorizo. We love the "Sprouts of Belgium" and I make a dish with them, andouille sausage and pecans, which I had thought was the best dish I have ever had using this under appreciated vegetable. Well my recipe is now my second favorite one, Circa's was even better. We also had the double thick pork chop, which was perfectly cooked and the Hanger steak which was also beautifully cooked and flavorful. The service was attentive and professional and the decor is attractive and comfortable. We will be back !

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Davidson, North Carolina
“Great Overall, Surprising Food Issues”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My wife and I had a celebration for just the two of us, and with nice weather thought is was time to try Circa and their porch. I'd been there previously to the bar and thought the menu had a nice mix of interesting dishes. We also like the small plate approach they offer to sample a variety of flavors.

Great server, great place, and my meal was excellent but not so for my wife. We both started with the Asparagus soup which had a nice preparation, but she could not eat it, very overpowered with pepper. I agreed it had more pepper than most would expect, but I liked it even with the chill oil drizzle. Her dinner was scallops, which were large (5 total) on an excellent hash, but again way too much pepper in the broiled spices on top, especially for such a delicate seafood. My dinner (pasta) had zero pepper so their chef didn't seem to hit everything with it, but on the two dishes that did it was heavy-handed.

The server was very apologetic when he returned the soup, but since the entree was also too spicy (and came out long enough after the appetizer than an adjust would have been possible) it seems there wasn't any communication going on behind the scenes.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Blairstown, New Jersey
“Pricey but great beer selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

The food is good, but the craft beers they have on tap always alternate and you're never disappointed (that is, if you like beer). Great little patio to sit and eat/drink outdoors in the summer.

Visited July 2012
, United States
“Nite out @ Circa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

My wife and I went to Circa last nite. Had a wonderful time there. Food was awesome. Everything we order was awesome. The chicken tacos and the pork rolls all I have to say is OMG. Our dinner plates were as great the the tapas. Can't say enough great things about the food. Once we finished with dinner we sat at the bar for drinks. The bartender is great, attentive and on top of everyone when they are low on their drinks. He is very friendly and can convertsate with anyone. I highly recommend Circa. Give it a try and you will not regret it.

• Visited July 2012