“Average HI Express” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Haskell
Hartford
“Average HI Express”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Average HI Express. All the usual comforts. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast buffet was complete. Ice machines only on every other floor. Another downside was the parking lot. A recent snow storm left the lot icy and not well cared for. The management should have done a much better making sure the premises were ice free. Or at least the extreme icy conditions should have been treated, they weren't. To top it off there was a "tip jar" at the breakfast buffet area.. Really?? I don't think Holiday Inn Corporate would appreciate hitting up there customers for tips. I stay at HI Express hotels every week. Never saw a Management team that would allow something so tacky. I can't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Haskell-Wayne Area, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear steve375,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We deeply regret to see you did not fully enjoy your time at the hotel. We do appreciate the the high score for Sleep Quality as well as your kind comments for the staff service. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I was impressed by the gr8 quality of service, the cleanliness of the hotel, and the comfort of the accommodations. Free parking and free WiFi that worked beautifully. This will be a property I look forward to returning to. Gr8 room for the price offered !!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
HIEXHaskell, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Haskell-Wayne Area, responded to this review, September 11, 2014
Thank you for reviewing our property! We are happy to hear you enjoyed all of our amenities and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are traveling to our area!
Orleans, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

This hotel is relatively new and is in a great location right off Route 278 in north Jersey.
Close to shopping areas and good local "non-chain" restaurants. Many are BYO which is unique, love being able to bring our own wine to a restaurant. Back to the hotel, it is comfortable and a better HI Express than most. Typical noisy air system in the room. Front desk staff was very nice and helpful. Will definitely return again when traveling through the area.

Room Tip: Stay at the rear of the building; you can not hear Route 287 or local traffic.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the restaurants and attractions around us! We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are visiting our area!
Redmond, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I read reviews of this hotel and I wish I'd have paid attention to the comments about HARD BED!! Oh my, I was supposed to stay two nights, but I couldn't sleep in this bed again. Rest of the hotel is fine, standard Holiday Inn Express, but the bead is unbearable!

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you like to sleep on a rock.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Haskell-Wayne Area, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Dear Traveler T,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are truly sorry for the conditions you experienced during your stay. We appreciate you bringing your concern to our attention and rest assured, your input will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvement to this identified weakness and rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. If you have future concerns, please let the Duty Manager know so an alternate room could be offered if available.

Connie D
Brooklyn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Where to start... The staff was very nice when I checked in, always a good start. I tried to get on the internet and wow slow. www.speedtest.net showed 500K down and 23k up when I could stay connected. Decided to go for a run. Both treadmills were broken and no towels in the fitness center. After my run of unknown distance, ha ha, I stopped by the front desk to let them know about the treadmills and ask about the internet. They seamed to know that the internet was bad. The morning breakfast was so so, no fresh fruit and the juice seemed watered down. I'll stay elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: odd rooms numbers face the pond.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Haskell-Wayne Area, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Dave743,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests and for that please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if your stay was negatively affected by our internet connection and fitness center. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and show you just how much we care about delivering an above average experience.

Krysllin G
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Check-In: Sun 28 Jul 2013 03:00 PM
Check-Out: Wed 31 Jul 2013 11:00 AM
Room 423

1. The hotel was bright and clean as well as my room.

2. The staff was friendly and kudos to the housekeeping staff for my clean room during my entire stay!

3. The free breakfast was the typical American fare both hot and cold. Fresh fruit was not an option but would have been a nice addition.

Anyway, I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

Now the "BUT".........

When I got home on Wednesday, I had a phone message and emails telling me that the credit card that I had used to make my reservation online has been compromised and was used to make fraudulent purchases. To make a long story short, I called the hotel chain's Customer Care Dept and spoke to Asia and explained to her what had happened to me. She was apologetic and pleasant.

She took my info to pass along to the correct personnel to start an "investigation". That person was supposed to call me within 48 hours. I haven't been called yet, and I hope to hear from them about their plan of action.

This incident, I blame the idiot who used my credit card fraudulently. It is not the fault of the hotel nor the corporate office. However, their response to this incident will speak volumes in how they are safeguarding clients'/consumers' personal and financial information.

Even though I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again, I might not stay with a hotel chain that does not have a more robust plan in place to safeguard clients'/consumers' personal and financial information!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We apologize for what happened to your credit card, and hope that everything was taken care of in a timely manner! We hope to see you again in the future.
Blacksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed here on night. The room and the bed were very comfortable. Breakfast was very nice. It was very convenient to our route. I notice someone said there weren't many restaurants within walking distance. That may be true, but there are plenty of restaurants within a short drive,

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are traveling to our area!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Haskell-Wayne Area? Share your experiences!