“Not up to Hilton Standards” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Park, Stay, & Surf
Kyle, Texas
“Not up to Hilton Standards”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

I requested a Non-Smoking room, the first room smelled so bad I didn't even go inside. I figured that errors happen... so I requested another room. This wan had unmade beds, half-full coffee cups on the table, towels on the floor... at 7:00PM. I attempted to call the front desk but the phone had no dial tone. I walked back down, got a third room. It smelled a bit stale, but by this time I was tired. Connected the laptop... $9.95 a day for internet service. (In this day and age!) Next I decided to go for a swim... no indoor pool, closed for the season. Okay... so I decided to get my expenses scanned and submitted in the office area... no scanner. The on-duty front desk did scan them for me onto my thumb drive... but they need a scanner.

Overall the rooms are dark shades of brown and off white, dull yellow bulbs don't help either. No free breakfast... and most will cost you about $12 downstairs... IHOP or Denny's is a better choice/value. Lamp shades are frayed, in the hallway the floor is not well vacuumed, and generally speaking it looks like the place could use an overhaul.

If I can find another place around here for the remainder of the week... I'm outta here.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
HHHGM, General Manager at Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands, responded to this review, November 10, 2010
I thank you for your comments and am truly sorry the start to your stay with us was not a positive one.
I would like the opportunity to demonstrate we do listen, value feedback such as yours and truly want to ensure your satisfaction. I am available to speak with you and can be reached at 201 288-6100.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
newyork
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2010

Hi all,I came here to attend an interview in NJ..the shuttle service was horrible..its like you have to board a running van..your luggage can be kept for 8hrs unattended in the lobby when you ask them to keep them safe.
there is a huge discrimination for their customers..
None of the vending machines works.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
I am truly sorry that your experience was not a positive one. If possible, additional details would assist me in personally addressing your concerns. If you are able to share I can be reached at 201 288-6100.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

I had business in New Jersey, stayed in the hotel for over two months and had my small dog with me. The staff treated me and the dog like part of the family. I had a special diet for my pet and the cook helped me with the diet !

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
HHHGM, General Manager at Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands, responded to this review, October 21, 2010
I am pleased to hear that your extended stay with us has been enjoyable. The bond with long-term guests such as yourself does become strong over time and we feel the "family" affect as well. This type of energy truly motivates the hospitality professional. I am glad you shared with us and I will ensure the team here at the hotel receives your feedback.
Somers Point, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

Came inn for a 5 night stay, and had a problem with TV shortly after settling in. David from Maintenance was there in mere minutes, and slaved over the unit for 20 minutes or more, before advising that he wasn't going to be able to fix it. This included 3 or more trips to check other units nearby and to get parts. Turned out, during one of the trips, he secured me a new room, and had checked that the TV worked properly. He then assisted me in moving my belongings to the new room. Throughout, he was cordial, conversational, and very personable.

Seems like a trend here, all the people seem to go above the area "norm" to be nice, adding pleasantries to the normal speech. Everyone seems concerned that you are comfortable here. It makes for a pleasant stay when you're gone so long. I notice some upgrading going on everytime I stay here, nice to see effort being put into keeping up.

Thanks again, David, I appreciate the effort.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
HHHGM, General Manager at Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands, responded to this review, October 15, 2010
Thank you for the positive comments about our engineering team. I am pleased you’re noticing the extra effort that the hotel team is putting into every guest interaction and service opportunity. I was pleased to read that David took it upon himself to secure another room for you after not being able to repair the TV. The hotel does have plans to replace all the TV’s in the very near future. Thank you again for your thoughtful comments. I will share them with the team.
Markham, Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

This place needs an overhaul with full staff. They are rude, they don't care, and to top it off, the housekeeping department sucks. We had a bathroom floor covered with sticky footprints, and hair. There is enough dust around the room to make your own quilt. Seems like they dust the rooms thoroughly every month, thats it..not on a daily. Clearly not great value, since they are charging $200ish for a king size bed, which is filthy. We had to wait approximately 3hrs for a room change, then when we got it, it was just as filthy, minus no hair in the bathroom. The staff offered to pay for our dinner, or give us a free breakfast. Clearly food was not my issue, and they just didn't care. I would highly recommend staying at a mid-tier best western..at least they give you a good free breakfast, and internet.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
I am very disappointed to read about your recent stay with us and the condition of the room. I have shared your comments with my housekeeping team. Our goal is a problem free and enjoyable stay and I’m sorry we did not meet that goal for you. As you can see we do we receive positive comments and the team is diligently working to avoid experiences like you did. Your feedback is valuable to our efforts in this area. I’d appreciate the opportunity to personally respond and ensure your satisfaction. Please call me at the hotel at your earliest convenience, (201) 288-6100.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

I had an enjoyable stay here at the Hilton just last night 10/4/10. After a long day of flying, I enjoyed being able to plop down into a plush comfy bed! I had a great overlook since I was on the 11th floor. I realized I needed something to eat, since I hadn't eaten all day, so I went down to the front desk and every single counter check-in person was more than eager to fullfil my requests. I ended up getting shuttled around by the van driver who was more than able to take me to where I wanted to go grab some grub, even though he was suppose to be off in 5 minutes. Needless to say I had a really good experience.

Also, the Computers are updated and fast. I was able to get on facebook, it was nice to not have URL's Blocked all over the place and visit the websites I needed. I also was pleasantly surprised when the Director of Property Operations Mr. Paul H. Lechthaler personally asked me how everything was during my stay while I was waiting for my shuttle out. I mean I'm just a 27 year old non-famous, non-important individual. This also added to the feeling that the people here really care. He informed me that if I come around again the Hotel shuttle can take you to many of the various bus-stops and other places a pilot might want.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
HHHGM, General Manager at Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands, responded to this review, October 7, 2010
Thank you for the positive comments. I will share them with the team. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the hotel exceeded your expectations. I am also happy to see you experienced some of the changes taking place within the hotel. We have all been working extremely hard to improve service and cleanliness levels in all areas of the hotel. I do realize you have a choice of hotels and a hope that you choose us again when your travel needs bring you to the area.
Mauritius
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

Stayed here in mid-August for a wedding that we attended a town over.

There must have been close to 100+ people from the wedding that stayed at the hotel.

For a Hilton property, it is a little out dated, and definitely needs renovating all round.

The service at the bar and restaurant was POOR. At lunch we waited about 35mins to get 1 DRINK!!!

The place there was well understaffed and they were not ready for a large party like that to be there and want to eat and drink.

Average hotel...Hilton needs to work on this one!

Better hotels in the area for sure.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
HHHGM, General Manager at Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands, responded to this review, September 28, 2010
Thank you for the feedback and I do apologize for the unusually long wait at lunch. This is not typical of the Bistro 650 team. I will certainly share your comments with them. The hotel was recently renovated (2006) and we are always looking for ways to improve upon our appearance. We strive to deliver a clean, contemporary and comfortable hotel experience for all our guests. I do hope we can meet your travel needs in the future and again thank you for your comments.

Been to Hilton Hasbrouck Heights / Meadowlands? Share your experiences!