“Near Teterboro airport” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Gurgaon, India
“Near Teterboro airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

Excellent for me, an overnight stay near Teterboro airport, where we landed, just 5 min drive from the handler Jet aviation.
Good size room with fridge and microwave, free internet pretty good.
Hotel has a great bar and eating place.

Room Tip: No tips here
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
HI-Meadowlands, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hasbrouck Heights, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I'm glad you found our hotel and our location convenient for your stay near Teterboro Airport. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again on your next visit to town.
Charlie Paduch, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Waterford, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

The bus tour company we used arranged our stay at the Holiday Inn. We had 2 buses (100+ people) and the registration for all of us was flawless, just went to our rooms. Didn't eat at the restaurant, but had buffet breakfasts and a dinner in their banquet room. All the meals were hot and excellent and the staff waited on us hand and foot. They also had a comedy club but we didn't have time to enjoy that. A couple in our group also used their shuttle service to go to a restaurant and that worked out great for them.

Room Tip: We were in Room 157, on the first floor. this room was probably the farthest away from the Lobby, re...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
HI-Meadowlands, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hasbrouck Heights, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Hello immrstigger,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our Holiday Inn Hasbrouck Heights. As you mentioned you stayed with a tour group and you had a flawless check in. We work hard to get you in the rooms quickly as possible knowing that you been on the road for a long time and want to relax or fresh-n-up. Our banquet and kitchen staff will be pleased to read that you enjoyed the breakfast and dinner buffet and the service they provided to your group. Again, we appreciate your comment and hope that you all come back and see us.

SoBoVa.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Check in was fast and friendly. Lemon infused water in the lobby and a very nice coffee machine. The room was not up to the Holiday Inns standards. The carpets were stained and the green spreads on the foot of the beds were filthy. Behind the tv stand was a filthy mess of dust bunnies, trash from previous guest. The tub in the bathroom had a foot print on it and the four nights we stayed they didnt sweep or mop the bathroom because paper from the trash was still on the floor. I just stayed in a Holiday Inn last month and it was spotless and smelled fresh. Actually this is the only one that was like this. I did like the location and it is minutes from NYC. Maybe we just came on a busy week.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
HI-Meadowlands, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hasbrouck Heights, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm so very sorry to read of your disappointment with our housekeeping service. I can assure you this is not the norm for our hotel and it will be corrected immediately.
If possibly I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you about your visit us. Please call
me 1-800-438-8687 or by email at cpaduch@hihasrooms. com. Again, I'm sorry and I look forward to speaking with you.
Charlie Paduch
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

For a Holiday Inn, this was a fantastic stay for a business trip I was on. I could tell that there has been renovation going on bit by bit and they are working to make it an even better hotel. The overall appearance is very nice, there are certain parts of the hotel that still need updating and some renovation.

The food at the breakfast buffet included with your nights stay was delicious. The customer service was great, all employees went above and beyond to accommodate.

My room was very clean and very comfortable. My bathroom was stellar with great bathroom products. The only complaint I had was the pressure of the shower head. It wasn't very powerful. However, the water in both the shower and the sink got hot instantly and that's a big deal for me in hotels. Sometimes the water doesn't get that hot or doesn't work that long or takes a while to heat up. The bed and the pillows were decent, the only thing I could say were maybe have a little bit thicker blankets/comforter on the bed or provide an additional blanket in the closet somewhere. I felt like I had very little over me.

Otherwise, great hotel for this trip to NYC! Would highly recommend it if you are on a budget and would like to be in a decent commute time for going downtown. Lots of restaurants in the area to choose from and a great mall to go shopping at right down the road.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our Holiday Inn. We appreciate your comments
about our friendly staff, our delicious breakfast buffet, our newly renovated bathrooms and
that we have plenty of hot water. Please accept my apologies that you encountered low water pressure from the showerhead. That is not normal for our rooms and we will get it corrected. As we hope that you will return again. We do supply an extra blanket in the closet for your use, or you may request extras and we will certainly bring it to your room.
Thank you for acknowledging our on going renovations. As we will continue to update our lobby and other areas of the hotel. I hope you come back to see the changes.
Best wishes and thank you.

Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This hotel keeps up to the standards of Holiday Inn. The rooms are very clean and have all the amenities needed. However, the hotel looks a bit dated, but the staff have made a good effort to keep it very clean and provide all the facilities needed for the guests. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Overall, this is a very good hotel to stay.
Downtown NY is about 25 min drive, but the ferry station to the Liberty Cruises is quite near. Its about 15 min drive. There are also plenty of restaurants near this hotel. The rates of the hotel is also quite good and parking is free.
Can recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking to stay near NY and don't want to pay premium prices of the NY hotels.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hello wscooby,
Thank you for taking the time to review our Holiday Inn. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit with us.
We appreciate your positive comments about our hotel, friendly staff and the amenities we offer.
We will work on keeping the hotel up to date. We have completed renovations on our bathrooms and will be moving to update the lobby and other areas of the hotel. We hope you come back to see the changes. Again. Thank you.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

stayed here for three days for an event at metlife everyone was truly great loved the 24 hour coffee maker in the lobby after dinner would get a cup and enjoyed it in the room room very clean beds very comfortable one night around 9pm when to the lobby for direction to the closes supermarket and the shuttle took us and pick us up that was great !!! love my stay

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
HI-Meadowlands, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hasbrouck Heights, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Hasbrouck Heights. We are glad that you chose to stay with us during your visit to MetLife Stadium. We are pleased that you enjoyed our clean comfortable rooms, our friendly staff, our complimentary lobby coffee and the use of our shuttle to the local market. We know how busy your are so thank you for writing such a kind review. We hope that you will return and come visit us again. Best wishes.
Charlie Paduch, GM.
Marston Moretaine, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Booked in for two nights, upon arrival allocated room 227 even though I had emailed asking for a room high up !. Entering the room an awful smell of urine was encountered, this seemed to be around the entrance area to the room and also to the bathroom, it was extremely unpleasant. I immediately asked to be moved but was told that the hotel was fully booked and I would have to wait until next day. Next morning I was moved to a higher floor. Some staff seemed really helpful while others couldn't be bothered. someone had thrown up in the car park and I reported it to a guy in hotel uniform having a cigarette outside the front of the hotel as I had nearly stepped in it whist getting out of the car, all of a sudden he became unable to communicate in English and only spoke Hispanic !!!! I gave up.
Not up to the usual HI standards.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
HI-Meadowlands, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hasbrouck Heights, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Hello Jmoor62,
I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment with your stay at our hotel. You are right these things are not the standards. We can do much better and they will be addressed. We take pride in property and want you to be completely satisfied with your stay. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss your experience further. My email is cpaduch@hihasrooms.com or you may call 800-843-8687. I look forward to hearing from you.
Charlie Paduch, GM

Been to Holiday Inn Hasbrouck Heights? Share your experiences!