“Great for Families” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Plantation Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood, South American, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 72 East
Description: Plantation Restaurant features an adventuresome menu using nature's finest ingredients with an island influence. Presenting the essence of contemporary American cooking, Chef Allan Vanesko has created a succulent array of dishes that will make dining at Plantation a most memorable experience. Tastefully decorated in a South Seas ambience. Plantation also features a full service bar & private rooms for any occasion.
Grand Forks, North Dakota
“Great for Families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

My family ate at Plantation last week with a large group and a couple of toddlers. We are typically wary of dining out with small kids (both for our own sanity and out of respect for other diners). Without a sitter, we took the plunge and brought the kids.

The Plantation people could not have treated us better. They sat us near other families and made an effort to make us comfortable. The food was excellent (I had the short ribs, corn chowder and a pecan tart) and the drinks were even better! Great selection of cocktails, made to perfection.

Wonderful place to eat if you have a family.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Hamilton, New Jersey
“Fabulous food, but beware the bartender”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Stopped in with hubby for Happy Hour and appys. Asked for the HH menu. Cosmos on the menu for $5.00. Great. Not driving, on vacation, so what the heck. Bartender gives me names of three vodkas and asks which one I want. Nice touch (I think, but wait til later).
I have Vietnamese Buffalo Shrimp - absolutely killer. So good. Hubby has Cubano sliders. Raves about them. I have 3 cosmos by the time we leave. Should have known something was up when bartender folds check in half and leaves. Surprise on us - cosmos were charged out at $12.00 each. What a slimy bugger. Now I get it - you upgraded the vodka. But you didn't say a word, didn't mention when I got the second and third that I was running a high bar bill. No, fool me once. Never again. I may never go back in spite of the quality of the food. Sometimes your britches get so big you drown yourself in them. I don't like shifty and sleazy - that is the impression I was left with.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edina, MN
“Very Average Food, Great for Families”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

This nice place easily accommodated our vacationing family of 12, including 2 small children. Great place for kids, kid's menu, efficient, organized, and fast service. Food is fair at best but none of the dishes served were unacceptable. Wedge of lettuce...very light green lettuce and a small splash of store bought dressing. Sea Bass well prepared but fishy tasting. Short Ribs dry and chewy. Pasta with Chicken tasteless. Not a place for foodies. Valet parking.

Fairfield, Connecticut
“Reliable LBI Resturant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Planation is a reliable LBI restaurant where you can get an excellent meal if you keep it simple. Had a graet sea bass this time and the salads and soups are always good. Valet parking and a liveable atmosphere complete the experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“never disappointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We come here every year for lunch - we have a very large family and they were able to sit 16 right away. The service was very good, and the food is always tasty. The menu is extensive and all of us were happy with our orders. the interior is not beachy - it is standard higher end pub. But also one of the few places you can have an adult beverage with your meal !!

Visited August 2014