“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Harrison
Littleton, United States
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This hotel was very nice. Good breakfast. Shuttle drivers were awesome. There was a bit of a problem with our reservation and we were put in a room that would not accommodate a rollaway which we needed. The first clerk we spoke to said he couldn't move us to another room until the next day. We eventually spoke with another clerk who moved us immediately. They also billed us twice and it was very time consuming to straighten it out.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I was told that this area was not so secure to do the check in early because the parking lot is not very big this from friend that stayed 2 yrs ago. Well the other parking lot is a lot more secure they have big spot light in the parking area and big spot light when you walk back to the hotel (a short walk) the personnel super great shuttle service no problem and of course the breakfast buffet very good the room was big and clean the beds comfortable. All around a good experience.

Room Tip: room 301 was good close to the stairs and the vending machines
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The hotel being on the Riverfront was very peaceful and beautiful. Staff was amazing in every way. A lots of people for breakfast and the women who supplied breakfast kept items full at all times. Great breakfast start your day off. Very close to NJ transit. I would stay again and again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Whiting, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Christopher at front desk was extremley helpful and efficient.Christopher at front desk was extremley helpful and efficient.Christopher at front desk was extremley helpful and efficient.Christopher at front desk was extremley helpful and efficient.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Spring Run, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I wasn't sure what to expect going to this hotel because I've never been to Newark before but I was pleasantly surprised on the reception we received once we arrived. The front desk staff were very nice and welcoming. They answered any questions we had (we were going to a concert at the Prudential Center and had no idea how to get there). They provided a shuttle service to and from the concert we attended and Terrance (our driver) was awesome! He showed us a couple places to eat and exactly where he would be picking us up that evening after the event. The rooms were wonderful also with wifi and good selections on the tv. I would definitely stay here again if we ever go back to Newark!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I stayed at this Hampton Inn during the first week of April, 2014. I flew into Newark Airport, and the hotel shuttle came to pick mu up within 10 minutes of my call. Each day when I went into New York City, the shuttle driver would take me to the train station and tell me exactly how to get to my destination, including which subway to catch, the price, and where to catch it. Each night when I returned, they would pick me up by shuttle and drive me back to the hotel. I didn't have to take a cab even once. The hotel room was clean, comfortable, quiet, secure, and priced reasonably. The breakfast buffet, which was included, was quite extensive with items to please everyone. The hotel staff also suggested many fine restaurants, both in News York and in Newark. I will stay in this hotel again when I travel to NYC.

Room Tip: Request a room that faces the river. The view is lovely, even in early spring.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I love to visit NYC, but hate the traffic of the city and all the toll....by chance I learn this hotel had free shutter service to take people to NJ Penn station (only 5 minutes away), so I took advantage of service. It only took me 40 minutes to arrive to downtown from my hotel room, pretty convenient service. I didn't know the service before, till I asked around and hotel staffs were very friendly to tell me what they can help. Hotel itself had nice view on the river, it is nice place to have a beer later afternoon to relax. People are very friendly and nice, I was please with their help. The bad thing about this hotel is that it is located near the rail, it make a lot of noise when train pass by, i think it does not have good sound proof wall/window. The price was reasonable compare to many hotel near NYC, I will go back next time if I visit the place for vacation.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Edgar A, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Newark-Harrison-Riverwalk, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for sharing your experience on your visit to our property here in Harrison NJ. I am glad to know that you found our shuttle service very helpful on your journey to and from NYC. I apologize if we failed to let you know of the service upon check in. We are all glad to know that you had an overall great experience as we all work extra hard to make sure our guest always experience the highest quality of service. Next time you are here we will make sure to get you a room furthest away from the train side. Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Newark-Harrison-Riverwalk? Share your experiences!