“Beautiful hotel, view and excellent staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Harrison
Spring Run, United States
“Beautiful hotel, view and excellent staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I wasn't sure what to expect going to this hotel because I've never been to Newark before but I was pleasantly surprised on the reception we received once we arrived. The front desk staff were very nice and welcoming. They answered any questions we had (we were going to a concert at the Prudential Center and had no idea how to get there). They provided a shuttle service to and from the concert we attended and Terrance (our driver) was awesome! He showed us a couple places to eat and exactly where he would be picking us up that evening after the event. The rooms were wonderful also with wifi and good selections on the tv. I would definitely stay here again if we ever go back to Newark!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Edgar A, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Newark-Harrison-Riverwalk, responded to this review, October 6, 2014
It was a pleasure to host you here in our property on your visit to the Prudential Center. I am glad to know that our shuttle service was of great use to you in getting to and from your event. Terrance our driver is always ready and willing to provide the highest quality of service to all of our guest. Next time you are in the area, we hope to once again be able to host you. Thank you once again for sharing your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I stayed at this Hampton Inn during the first week of April, 2014. I flew into Newark Airport, and the hotel shuttle came to pick mu up within 10 minutes of my call. Each day when I went into New York City, the shuttle driver would take me to the train station and tell me exactly how to get to my destination, including which subway to catch, the price, and where to catch it. Each night when I returned, they would pick me up by shuttle and drive me back to the hotel. I didn't have to take a cab even once. The hotel room was clean, comfortable, quiet, secure, and priced reasonably. The breakfast buffet, which was included, was quite extensive with items to please everyone. The hotel staff also suggested many fine restaurants, both in News York and in Newark. I will stay in this hotel again when I travel to NYC.

Room Tip: Request a room that faces the river. The view is lovely, even in early spring.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
It was a pleasure being able to host you in our home here in Harrison NJ. Thank you for taking the time to share your review with the Trip Advisor family. I am glad that our shuttle service was of great use to you in getting to and from your destinations. Whenever you are back in the area you can always count on us to have a clean, comfortable, quiet and secure place to stay. Thank you once again for your review.
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I love to visit NYC, but hate the traffic of the city and all the toll....by chance I learn this hotel had free shutter service to take people to NJ Penn station (only 5 minutes away), so I took advantage of service. It only took me 40 minutes to arrive to downtown from my hotel room, pretty convenient service. I didn't know the service before, till I asked around and hotel staffs were very friendly to tell me what they can help. Hotel itself had nice view on the river, it is nice place to have a beer later afternoon to relax. People are very friendly and nice, I was please with their help. The bad thing about this hotel is that it is located near the rail, it make a lot of noise when train pass by, i think it does not have good sound proof wall/window. The price was reasonable compare to many hotel near NYC, I will go back next time if I visit the place for vacation.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Edgar A, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Newark-Harrison-Riverwalk, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience on your visit to our property here in Harrison NJ. I am glad to know that you found our shuttle service very helpful on your journey to and from NYC. I apologize if we failed to let you know of the service upon check in. We are all glad to know that you had an overall great experience as we all work extra hard to make sure our guest always experience the highest quality of service. Next time you are here we will make sure to get you a room furthest away from the train side. Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience with us.
Escalon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Booked here for a friends get together. The shuttle drivers were great as well as efficient. ALL personnel we encountered were wonderful, accommodating, @ friendly. Breakfasts were good. Were they cooked to order? No, but that's not promised either. They have a wide variety of foods as well as accommodating Japanese guests with a special breakfast bar. The managers reception on Wednesday afternoon was very tasty. All in all an excellent stay

Stayed July 2014
It was a pleasure to have had you stay with us during your get together with your friends. We are extremely glad to know that everyone in your party was comfortable and felt right at home. Our shuttle drivers are great at what they do, just like our entire staff. We all are willing to do what it takes to make sure all of our guest are well taken care of. Next time you are in the area, we hope to see you here once again. Thank you for sharing your experience here with everyone.
Richmond, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This hotel is excellent. At check-in, when I told the Front Desk person that this was our first visit to NYC, he showed us maps of the PATH and the subway, and explained how to get to both the NY Penn Station and the World Trade Center station. He also helped us arrange for a bus tour that would pick us up from the hotel. The room was clean, the breakfast was good, and the staff was friendly. I would recommended this hotel to anyone, but especially if this was your first trip to NYC.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

On behalf of our entire staff we would like to thank you for staying with us during your trip to the Harrison/Newark area. We all work extremely hard to go above and beyond for every guest .A great accommodating experience is always a goal here. Whenever you are back in the area , we will be waiting for you with a warm smile. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, we hope to see you soon.
Middletown
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We booked a 2 bed queen studio which was supposed to sleep 5 comfortably. We arrived to find a 2 bed queen which only slept 4. Thankfully one of daughters went home early, so we only needed room for 4. We called to let them know that the room we got was not what we had reserved. They apologized but said the hotel was completely booked. The TV did not work. It was stuck on CNN. They were supposed to reset it but that never happened. The bathroom shower fixture was coming out of the wall. The view was of a dirty River and a junk yard across the river. The A/C worked in the room but the halls were not air conditioned?! The humidity was 100%. The trains and planes also were very noisy. Very overpriced for what you get. We will not stay there
again.

• Stayed July 2014
Edgar A, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Newark-Harrison-Riverwalk, responded to this review, October 14, 2014
Thank you for sharing your review with us on your stay here in Harrison NJ. I want to truly apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with us during your stay. We do pride ourselves in giving the highest quality of guest service to all of our guest. If you are ever back in the area, please contact me. I would love to make sure that you and your family experience a stay worth a "10". Thank you again for sharing your review with everyone.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Better off staying in New York itself just find affordable parking if driving to New York. Passing trains do make a sound specially at night Quite a distance from New York if some routes are closed. Difficult to go back to if you come back to the hotel mid day

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Edgar A, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Newark-Harrison-Riverwalk, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your visit to our property here in Harrison NJ. I am not aware if you know, but for future stays we do offer a great shuttle service to and from the Newark Penn Station in which you can catch a train for about $5.50 round trip and be in NYC in about 25 minutes. Also, our team here is committed on making sure our guest are always comfortable and are always willing to do what it takes to get you there. Next time you are visiting the NYC area please come and visit us again, we will make sure to give you a room away from the train as we all know what a quit nights rest means to us all. Thank you again for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community , we look forward to having you back once again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrison
BEST WESTERN PLUS Robert Treat Hotel
Courtyard Newark Downtown
Comfort Suites Newark
#10 of 16 in Newark
3.5 of 5 stars 238 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Newark-Harrison-Riverwalk? Share your experiences!