“Is this hotel still in operation?” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Harrison
london
“Is this hotel still in operation?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Hi, Please could someone let me know if this hotel is still in operation. I read all the reviews and have booked to stay here over the new year on a non refundable basis but no one is responding on the published hotel number. It was ideal for our stay and as this is soon I would like it if someone either from management / head office could respond. I keep getting an engaged tone. A message of some sort ( for an anxious traveller ) would be appreciated either on the phone or the website. Thank you.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

This was my first ever stay at a Hampton Inn, ever, and is the hotel that made me move my loyalty from Marriott to Hilton. The staff at this hotel is the best I have ever dealt with at any Hotel. They offer shuttle service to and from the airport and train station, and also offer shuttle service to and from "work" daily, although that is dependent on distance. The hotel is always spotless and comfortable.

This is one of the few Hampton Inns that has a bar in the lobby. This Hampton Inn gets a lot of long term business travelers, mostly due to the staff in the hotel. The bar allows for unwinding at the end of the day and also socializing. The hotel does invest in a Wednesday Night Manager Reception. It is a great time.

Breakfast every morning was typical Hampton Inn fare. There is an amazing restaurant, Tops Diner, two blocks from the hotel. If the shuttle is available, they will get you to the IronBound district for other meal choices.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

A great place to stay. There is a shuttle to the Newark PATCO/PATH station. If you miss the shuttle after midneight, you can take a $10 taxi ride to the Inn. The rooms are clean, large and well appointed. Free Wi-Fi.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We had a 2 day stay which turned out to be a 3-4 day stay because of hurricane sandy. Initially I was disappointed with the hotel charging 10 USD for each call made, and my hotel bill turned out to be 70 dollars extra. However, the friendly hotel staff managed to help me reduce it to 30 dollars.

When the storm hit, the place lost power, and the lobby was flooded. However the staff were golden. Amazing staff and service. If there was another hurricane that hit, god forbid, I will want to stay here again. They gave out free food, free water ( lots of variety of food like donuts, coffee) and tried their best to help us look for another location to stay. In addition, they did not charge for the extra days even though technically we werent supposed to be there after more than 2 days. They did not drive us away as well because they understood that it was almost close to impossible to find another place to stay after the hurricane. They even sent us to our next hotel using their hotel shuttle even though gas was running low for all of the hotels.

Special thanks to the staff for making this nightmare of a hurricane a tolerable experience.
I would recommend people to go back there because it was a amazing place with great facillities, good location ( broad street in newark) and amazing amazing staff. This place might not reopen so soon so I would recommend you to double check to see if it's open before making reservations.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Completely messed up our reservations despite requesting adjoining rooms for kids upon original reservation and calling to Confirm request two times and now we are stuck in separate rooms dealing with the kids. I am sitting in the bathroom while they sleep because of the mess up of the reservation. The perfumed smells in the room causing my husband an asthma attack and my child to get a headache. Horrible customer service m

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
atlanta ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Second visit to the Hampton Inn Harrison Riverwalk, and it is just as nice as I remember it being a few years ago. The hotel itself is extremely nice. The halls are larger than standard Hamptons, the Lobby is nice, the AM Breakfast is great. The rooms are nice, large, and comfortable.

The staff at this hotel is one of the best I have found at any Hampton Inn I have been to. They are so nice, efficient, and helpful, even with a lobby full of people. I can't say enough about the front desk guys. Thanks for your professional friendly service.

I found the shuttle service to be convenient to the airport and the train station. I rarely had to wait more than 20 minutes for the shuttle. If the hotel wanted to really improve service, I would seriously consider a second shuttle running because 1 just seems to not be able to keep up wit the amount of people wanting to use it. And if you miss it, then you do end up waiting.

The neighborhood is ok. I walked across the street to dunkin donuts for coffee, and up to the Tops Diner for Lunch and DInner. I did not feel unsafe, but I will say locals did tell me they would not recommend venturing too far out in the evening if I was walking. I took their advise.

The gym at the hotel is larger than alot of Hamptons. More cardio equipment, but not that much as far as weights go. But adequate.

Only reason I didnt give the hotel a perfect 5 was the neighborhood, and they need another shuttle. Everything else is Great. Staff, Hotel, and Price. I would not hesitate to stay again.

Room Tip: Tops Diner, and the Spanish Pavillion are walking distance Great places to Eat.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 4 days in October for our New York vacation. While the train to NYC was very quick and convenient, the shuttle from the hotel to the station was spotty. We ended up taking cabs most if the time (about $10 each ride). Add that into the $5 train ride each way when determining your savings as opposed to staying in the city.

That being said, the staff was delightful, the room clean, and the river was beautiful to read beside.

Try Tops diner if you go there. It's about two blocks away, and their desserts are amazing!

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Newark-Harrison-Riverwalk? Share your experiences!