“Great pancakes” 4 of 5 stars

Description: in the hamilton marketplace mall
New Jersey
“Great pancakes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We eat here every so often, usually for their pancakes. Occasionally for eggs, and turkey sausage as well. Our favorite are the pecan pancakes. I never thought that pancakes should be anything but pancakes. But a couple of years ago I tried my wife's and they were outstanding. So, now it is always pecan pancakes. Eggs are eggs, I guess, no matter where that is, but the turkey sausage is good and a little on the spicy side. I'm not supposed to eat bacon, sausage etc, so the turkey sausage does come in handy and it is enjoyable (of course not even close to bacon, but then what is!) Service is usually good, and helpful. If you go between 8-10 am you may have a bit of a wait, but it usually moves quickly. We only eat breakfast here so no comments on lunch or dinner menus

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Teaneck, New Jersey
“Good Home Style Cooking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I am always leary when visiting chain restaurants. But, Cracker Barrel never disappoints. We kept sampling food and ordering more to go. The Homestyle Fried Chicken dinner with 3 sides was excellently prepared in a buttermilk batter and well seasoned! The sides were tasty: corn, mac & cheese ( a little like Kraft) and a great hashbrown casserole with onions and lots of seasoning. The corn muffins are just a little sweet and full of flavor. The meat loaf is like I make it at home: onions, green pepper, well seasoned and topped with tomato sauce. Mash potatoes were good and so was the gravy (no cardboard box taste here.) I had Uncle Herschel's Breakfast: fresh fried catfish fillet, 2 eggs cooked to order, hashbrown casserole, and a stiff order of grits with sawmill gravy ( spicy good.) When you finish eating there is always the old fashioned country store. Love the old fashioned candies! I never can get out of there without buying something. There was a rumor that Cracker Barrel dis not hire LGBT. That is not true at this location.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Love their pecan pancakes!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We only eat at this Cracker barrel once in awhile, and only for breakfast. I have to watch what I eat (no, not all the way into my mouth, lol) so I don't have breakfast out very often. I always "splurge" for their pecan pancakes. I don't get any eggs or meat, even though they offer eggbeaters and turkey sausage. Usually, the 3 pancakes are filling enough. My wife and I think their pancakes are very good, and the price is more than reasonable. We will definitely be back

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hamilton, New Jersey, United States
“Food was terrible !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

How can they manage to ruin breakfast and a simple thing like eggs ? My dining partner ordered eggs and sausage and I had a chicken salad - his eggs were horrible, rubbery and cold - he did not finish his meal. My salad greens were past the state of freshness - and were starting to wilt. The grilled chickenon my salad was dry and overcooked - was it chicken that was cooked and leftover from the previous day perhaps ?? This was my second bad dining experience at Cracker Barrel In Hamilton and I will not be going back again. Both times the food was terrible, what has happened to this once good restaurant chain ?

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Monroe Township NJ
“Cracker Barrel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

This was my third time eating at a Cracker Barrel and I was pleasantly surprised at the exceptionally fast and pleasant service by the waiters. Also, the quality of the dinner exceeded my expectations, while the cost was very affordable. This restaurant deserved five stars for the service, quality of food, and reasonable cost of the dinners. The reason I did not give five stars was because I perceived the seating to be a destructive plan by someone. For this reason, we probably will not return to this restaurant.

• Visited June 2013