“Calamari was awful so we just left” 1 of 5 stars

609-587-775
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Padrino's Bistro & Italian Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 70 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: We are a new family restaurant in Hamilton, NJ. Padrino's has a full menu featuring pasta, steaks, pork chops, chicken, veal and seafood. Padrino's offers large portions, with high quality for comfortable prices. Padrino's is also offering a separate pizza section that will cater to pizza, subs, wraps, panini's and more. Take-out and Delivery is available. Coming September 2009.
Trenton, New Jersey
“Calamari was awful so we just left”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

My girlfriend and I went here to enjoy a nice dinner and bottle of wine. The place was completely empty and the waiter was nice but strange. We ordered calamari as an app and it was clearly frozen and very tough/hard to eat. We made a decision to shut down the rest of the meal and will not be going back. Cafe Antonio was on the way home and made up for it.

New Jersey
“Always A Good Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Figured it was time to write a long overdue review. We try at hit Padrino's at least every 6 weeks or so (even when it was Leonardo's on Rt 130). The food has been consistently above average. We can honestly say that we have never had a bad meal here. The menu is huge, so there are many different types of choices to complement different yearnings. The size of the appetizers alone can count as a complete meal (definitely recommend sharing). And as this is a BYOB establishment makes it all the better. The only reason we give it 4 stars is due to the hit or miss table service.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Yardley, Pennsylvania
“Huge portions don't make up for poor quality”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We went because my In-Laws said it was a good place as recommended by a friend. It was just about empty and now we know why....

The food was terrible with so many ingredients that it was impossible to find the food taste you were eating. I had chicken piccata and it was weird tasting, over seasoned and the pasta was dry. There was a lot of food but what good is that when you don't want to eat it!!!

The dinners were served on black square oversized plastic plates that were chipped and scratched and way too large for the small tables. They were very strange to eat food from without wondering if they were clean enough.

I suppose the owner was there because there was a man hovering about and I wondered why he didn't at least say hi.....I hope he sees this review and makes some changes in his food and serve ware. Quantity should not make up for quality. Also you may want to talk to a real Italian about recipes. Maybe a little simplicity would help!

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
West Trenton, New Jersey
“Did not live up to the ratings on yelp”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Yelp ratings were overall really good. Said they served huge portions (they did), that the quality of food was very solid (missed the mark here) and the service was good (it was). My partner and I went to the restaurant with our dear friends and made reservations online - the only time they had was 6:00 or 7:30 - we chose 7:30 pm. Interestingly the website said the dress code was business casual. Well the temperature outside was 90 so we were not about to put long pants on. We had Hawaiian shirts and decent shorts but I did not want to be turned away. We called the restaurant and asked if it was indeed business causal - I described how we were dressed and they said "no problem at all". When we arrived (remember only had a 6:00 or 7:30 p.m. reservations there were ample tables and the patrons in there were dressed anywhere from downright casual to barely business causal (the older folks - although I am almost there!)

Although we were sat immediately we waited a solid 5 minutes to be greeted and the first person to come was the busperson who brought water and then bread. 3-4 minutes later the server (female) came and she was very nice. Overall service was solid.

The bread basket was fine - nothing special. We ordered two appetizers which were the best part of the our entire meal: calamari three ways (balsamic vinegar, regular and buffalo with a nice light sauce) and mussels (they were very small but sweet and overall good). Unfortunately the meal went downhill from there. Ordered: chicken ptarmigan (huge portion two breasts over spaghetti with a very bland marinara sauce), linguine with clam sauce (nothing special), a chicken dish that was so unordinary I can't remember and chicken ala vodka with rigatoni. This was the best meal overall with solid flavor but nothing spectacular.

The menu is huge and I would recommend the owners to reduce the number of offerings and dial up the quality of what they do serve. It is a BYOB - we always love - and the atmosphere is decent. We were craving Italian and while we got it, it did not hit all of the cravings. We did not stay for dessert (opted for Dairy Queen). Total bill was $110.00 - about $25.00 each - was it worth it, not really. Shame because if they put their heart and soul into less number of items I think it would be great. Can't recommend this although the ratings on yelp are pretty complimentary.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hamilton, New Jersey, United States
“Has gone downhill”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

The last two times we went there my food has been horrid. I got the Mediterraneo and it was full of sand sent it back and just ate my in-laws food. Last time we went the service was on par with the food. It took over an hour for our sodas and apps to come out. The place was half packed on a Friday night so I can't even say it was busy. Then when my steak special came out it was cooked well done and i asked for medium rare. The second time it came out it was rare and at this point we were done complaining and didn't want our food to get spit in. Not to mention the server kept saying it wasn't his fault. I've been there over 5 times and this is the last time I will be going. 36 dollars for the steak special and they couldn't even get it right. I rather of went into Princeton for better food

• Visited April 2013