“Such a shame” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Such a shame”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

I had high hopes for this but the food was awful, when we complained they said we are sorry our best is not good enough for you! The gravy had a skin on it when they brought it out!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Holmdel, New Jersey
“Absolutely loved this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

I went to Tessara with my sister and her family to celebrate her birthday. I was quite pleasantly surprised and impressed with this restaurant. My husband and I love to eat out and have been to most restaurants in the tri-state area. Tessara was wonderful! The service was beyond compare, better than many of the finer restaurants in NYC! The food was delicious, the menu has many wonderful selections, and the ambiance was warm and comfortable. I cant wait to go back.

• Visited March 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
hamilton, nj
“not sure what restaurant the other ppl went to, but it couldnt have been tessara...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

my husband and i got a gift certificate for tessara for christmas, and we went today. i knew it had to be pretty good before we went because my mother-in-law is EXTREMELY picky and it is very hard to satisfy her, so if she liked it, that was almost a miracle. all i can say is i wish we hadnt waited so long. we went for lunch, and i was amazed. the service was wonderful, the food was excellent, and the ambiance was very nice. my husband is also pretty hard on restaurants, because hes an excellent cook and italian, and usually feels no place makes food as good as his, but even he was impressed. if you get a chance to go, dont pass it up!

• Visited February 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Browns Mills, New Jersey
“Food was almost edible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

Stopped for dinner with a friend. As soon as we were shown to our table I knew that we were in trouble. The restaurant seems to take itself too seriously for what it actually is. We were not dressed up, I didn't really expect that I needed to be. Inside you sit in booths across from each other. It had the appearance of a chain restaurant trying to be something else. It was stuffy inside and thrown together.
I felt uneasy there.
The person who showed us to our table was completely rude. Very off-putting.
The waitress was fine. Friendly. Can't complain about her.
The food....was horrible. I honestly could hardly eat any. I didn't complain, but I should have. I don't think complaining would have matter much though because everything that we ordered was at the same level of BAD. Shocking really. Mushy food, under seasoned and with just odd combinations of flavor.
I was embarrassed to have taken my friend to this restaurant. It was one of those experiences where you walk out at the end and you can't really believe what happened. How can a place like this stay open?
I took most of what I ate home. I don't know why I bothered.

• Visited November 2010
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
bristol, pennsylvania
“Pricey, good food, okay service. Good with groups.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2010

My family lives on this block in hamilton, so needless to say, they choose the convinience over the quality. For this price, there are much better restauraunts out there. The food is okay, sometimes served hot, other times luke warm. Servers here vary, occassionally we sit for a great meal. Others times, it is sub par for the price. Average price per person for dinner is around $40. Way too much for the lack of service.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere