“The Best Bed EVER!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hamburg
New York City, New York
“The Best Bed EVER!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

As a professional event planner, I have utilized this resort for a corporate event back in 2008 and I liked it very much. When I found out that my dear friend was getting married there I was thrilled. The rooms are the same but the new tempurpedic mattresses were a welcome surprise. They do a great job of keeping the rooms very clean. I find the rooms to be very dark though. Lots of dark paint and wallpaper which are in need of better and brighter lighting. The shades on the window are either open or closed. There is no sheer curtain to let in light. Since we were on the second floor just behind the lobby, people driving out of the parking lot could look right in so we had to keep the shade shut at all times. The pool area is lovely but there are too many kids for my liking but being that it is a "FAMILY" resort, I can't really complain. The wedding was held in the Saratoga room which has aged a bit since my last visit. There are some cracks on the window frames and for some reason there was absolutely no heat on in the room. Everyone complained for the first hour. Finally I went and sought out the Banquet Manager and he fixed the problem immediately. The bedding was clean and fresh. I slept like a baby in that fabulous bed. We had brunch in the Rotunda room which was nice but they only had one person cooking eggs and one cooking pancakes so by the time you got your eggs and waited in line for the pancakes, the eggs were cold. Also on the hot buffet stations, the covers are not sliding so you have to pull the entire thing off and try to find a place to set it down so you can serve yourself. It was difficult to navigate but it looked pretty. I loved the small touches like serving yogurt parfaits in canning jars and having milk in mini milk bottles with paper straws was so adorable. Very nice food and presentation.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Vincent S, Front Office Manager at Grand Cascades Lodge, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Laureen,

Thank you so much for visiting the Grand Cascades Lodge and for taking the time to share comments from your stay. I most definitely agree with you that our Tempurpedic beds are so comfortable, and we recently upgraded our pillows, sheets and blankets to make them even better. I'm glad that you shared your memorable stay with friends and family for such a special occasion and our banquet team does an excellent job. I am sorry that there was a small issue during the reception, but I am happy that it was rectified quickly. Thanks for your other comments, both positive and negative about the event, and I will share them with our banquet manager.

On behalf of our staff, we look forward to having you visit our resort again, whether for another wedding or simply for leisure.

Lodging Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I've heard nice things about this, but to experience it first hand was even better. The lodge is expansive, lots of parking - no fee. The staff were friendly and helpful. There is a nice little hot chocolate station for the 'kids' when they return from skiing. The one bedroom suite includes a kitchenette, fireplace, patio. it's not big, but it's cozy and homey. there's even a tv in the bathroom which also had a jacuzzi tub, could not resist. We had dinner in the Springs Bistro, a nice italian restaurant; the food, the service, everything was just superb. On top of that, they have the biosphere pool which is heated, plus a hot tub that goes to the outside of the building, so you're sitting comfortably in a hot tub with snow around you - completely awesome experience. there's a slide, an indoor hot tub, a steam room and a sauna, plus snack bar. you can stay there all day and just enjoy the view of the mountains outside. Our family had a fabulous little break here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Ladychow,

Thanks for your review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed so thoroughly your stay at Grand Cascades Lodge. The staff at our property takes great pride in being able to help provide comfort and relaxation to our guests, and we are passionate about providing excellent service. I truly appreciate that you took the time to share your feedback and eagerly await your next visit to our resort.

Warm Regard,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I am not affiliated with this property in any way, shape or form. I simply stayed there two nights for a business conference in mid-January. I've been all over the world; expensive places for business, well reviewed places for pleasure. I must honestly say that I have never been more impressed with a hotel's combination of service, décor, cleanliness, sleep (pin drop and the finest bed one can imagine), food, character and overall feel. I was stunned. I heard good things about it but not like this. The only caveat here, of course, is that I did not pay for the trip, which of course makes everything that much better. Still, if I'm looking for a weekend getaway from the New York area, I'm heading here in a heartbeat. The pool and spa facilities have to be seen to be believed. The only minor drawback is the lack of walking trails nearby. There is golf all around, and looks to be beautiful courses, but some walking trails would have worked well.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Brian,

Thanks for visiting the Grand Cascades Lodge at Crystal Springs Resort. I am so glad that you enjoyed your brief stay, and on behalf of our staff, we look forward to your return, hopefully for less business and more leisure! In particular, summer is a great time for our resort as it brings a host of outdoor amenities, including golf, fishing, canoeing, archery, and some great hiking both here and locally. We have a hiking trail on our property that circumnavigates the back 9 of Wild Turkey and the Appalachian Trail (among others) is a just a short drive away.

Thank you again for your kind words, and hope to see you soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Every New Year’s, my husband and I try to find some nearby place to spend the holiday. This year we decided to try Crystal Springs in nearby Hamburg, NJ. Crystal Springs Golf Resort is made up of a few hotels all within a few miles of each other, but the main resort is called the Grand Cascades Lodge.

Check-in was quick and effortless. We had reserved a studio suite with a queen size bed. The room was very spacious and clean. views from the room aren’t very exciting, but the close proximity to the lobby and elevators was ideal. The room itself had a fully stocked kitchen with pots and pans (in case you would like to cook in the room), living room area, fireplace, full bathroom and a separate sleeping area.

We stayed for two nights through the New Year's celebration and had a great time. There are several dining options to choose from while staying at the Grand Cascades Lodge. For a nice dinner you can dine in the Crystal Springs Tavern - which also offers breakfast and lunch. If you want to "splurge" you can check out Restaurant Latour located one level above the Crystal Springs Tavern. Latour has quite an extensive wine list which you can select from their Wine Spectator Grand Award-winning temperature-controlled wine cellar, which houses more than 9,100 labels and 135,000+ bottles!!

Other activities such as skiing, hiking, etc. are accessible nearby. We did venture out to a nearby winery and hike, but we mostly enjoyed our stay at the lodge, due to the fact our time was limited.

Whether you are traveling from several hours or just 30 minutes like my husband and I, rest assured, once you enter this lodge, you will feel that you are truly "away from it all".

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear NJSusan,

Thank you for staying with us a Grand Cascades Lodge and for sharing your review with other travelers; it is greatly appreciated! I am very pleased that you chose to spend your New Year's Eve holiday at the resort, and that you found everything to your liking. We all look forward to your return to Grand Cascades to explore and enjoy the other seasonal and year round amenities available to our guests.

And, of course, we hope you are having a great new year!

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

We really like this hotel. It is clearly the best of this companies properties and was a January treat. We felt like we had the place to ourselves, private dining and our private greenhouse pool. Extra nice considering a major snow storm was imminent. I am sure it was a bustling hotel the day before but for our stay, it was serene. We could only stay for breakfast but our meals were abundant and delicious. The view of the hills was awesome, My critique is small... I couldn't figure out the heat system at all and it was freezing until I turned on the gas fireplace and the bathroom's heated floor. This sounds so whiny! My second critique is a matter of taste... The furniture in our suite was tacky; over scale under quality 90's chic. King Arthur would have found the dining table too large for the space and the end table's legs were separating. This didn't detract from our stay necessarily it just added a little "Jersey" to our visit.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Vincent S, Front Office Manager at Grand Cascades Lodge, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Thyme,

Thank you for your delightful review. As always, we appreciate it any time a guest takes the time to write about his/her stay, especially someone who travels frequently. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay, and I do agree, if I may say so, that the scenery here is spectacular and the food is fantastic. Although our resort is a very popular destination, there are off times, when a guest might find himself feeling like he has the place all to his own. I am happy that this was your experience and that you found serenity and relaxation at our resort. We look forward to your return trip and thanks again for posting.

Hamburg,Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Had a great event at Grand Cascades Logde with 150 people. Good meeting rooms and very nice and specious rooms. Rooms with full bath/shower and have full kitchen and balcony.

Breakfast is ok and basic. Lunch buffet was very good - fresh green salads, subs, potato salad and cuts.

Very clean hotel and friendly/helpful staff. Golf shop and a little gift shop in the hotel.
Spa availiable but was not used during the stay.

Hotel is a little isolated but it is perfect if you want to wind down (New York is only 1-1,5 hour away).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Eva,

Thank you for sharing your Grand Cascades experience with us and with other travelers, and I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay, as are our hotel and banquets teams. We appreciate the opportunity to welcome corporate guests and to get their perspectives of business mixed with pleasure. It was great to read that you found our suites comfortable, meals satisfying, and staff accommodating. Hope you have a chance to visit us again soon!

Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

My fiancé and I spent New Years Eve at the Grand Cascades Lodge. We visited the resort last year for New Years and loved it so much we decided to go back! What a great way to start off 2014. All around it was a luxurious experience. We had a delicious dinner at the Springs Bistro and then went to the New Years Eve party at the biosphere pool. The room was absolutely gorgeous and super comfortable! We had an wonderfully delicious brunch the next morning which offered anything you could possibly want. The staff is super helpful, caring and accommodating. I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone who is looking for a relaxing getaway!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jillian,

Great to read that you had a fantastic trip and rung in a memorable New Year at Grand Cascades Lodge! We take pride in being the chosen venue for our guests to celebrate holidays and special occasions and on behalf of the staff, it was our pleasure to serve you. Thank you for taking the time to post your review; it is greatly appreciated. I look forward to your next visit in 2014 and beyond.

Lodging Operations Manager

Been to Grand Cascades Lodge? Share your experiences!