“Chinatown in Hackettstown” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Draper, Utah
“Chinatown in Hackettstown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Simply the best Chinese Restaurant in the area and probably NJ. They have been in H'town for 29 years now and they have been consistently good all that time with possibly a slight decline when Jeto took a leave, but he is back and so is HK Palace. The ribs can't be beat. The soups, appetizers, and all the meals are always spot on and the service is always the best, especially if Raymond waits on you. HK Palace opened at a time when there were 6 other Chinese Restaurants in town and they all quickly took a back seat to Jeto, his personality and his cooking skills which were honed in Hong Kong! If you're in the area give it a try, if you're a local continue to go, and if you want the best Chinese Ribs anywhere this is the place.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Hackettstown, New Jersey, USA
“The destination place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Hong Kong Palace is always a great place to go eat. The service is wonderful and the food always great. I have been dinning there for years and still see some of the same wait staff. They pride themselves in professional service.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
NW New Jersey
“Good, consistent Chinese food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We've been going to Hong Kong Palace for many, many years. Jetto's personal touch of coming over and sitting with us at our table is always welcoming, but was missing when he left the business (but he's back in the kitchen now). Food is consistently good and plentiful. Soup and dessert is included with meals.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston, Texas
“Nice Surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I have always been a huge fan of all Chinese food but this type of restaurant is what I remember from my childhood. I really like the complimentary pots of tea and crispy noodles that start out the meal (we don't see that in Houston). The menu is a little "Old School" but that is very comforting to me. I had the Happy Family and it was fresh and delicious. We also all shared the "Pu-Pu Platter" and all of the appetizers were again fresh, well-made, and yummy. Shrimp toast! There is something I have not seen in years! What a welcome treat! I think everyone else enjoyed their meals and the service was excellent. Portions were huge and we had lunch for the next day. I want to go here again the next time I return to NJ.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Stroudsburg, PA
“None Better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Outside of Manhattan, Hong Kong Palace is simply the best Chinese restaurant anywhere within 40 or 50 miles of Hackettstown, NJ; AND this includes the Allentown/Bethlehem area, as well. At one time or another we've, also, eaten at all of the better known Chinese restaurants in Morris County, NJ; and we keep going back to, 'The Palace'.

The food is fantastic! Quality fell off for awhile after Jeto, the Head Chef, retired; but, fortunately, he got bored and came back. The Pu-pu platter is varied and generous; my wife always asks for one. Unlike other places, the Bar-B-Que'd beef on a stick is top quality flank steak; and the shrimp toast and egg rolls are the best we've ever had - anywhere!

My own personal favorite menu items are the Crispy Duck, and Pork-fried Egg Foo Young. About the only thing I'd fault this restaurant for is they don't normally have Peking Duck on the menu; but my wife always tells me, 'Who cares?' (Well ....... me, actually!)

• Visited January 2014