“Been going there for over 20 years” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 142 Restaurants in Hackensack
Cuisines: Japanese
Oakland, New Jersey
“Been going there for over 20 years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Hey who cares if Champaign is a bit tired. That is the name of the owner. Her and her husband used to own it together. They are divorced and still work together. So maybe that causes her to be crabby. HOWEVER this is the best Japanese food in the area. The only place better is in San Francisco. I may be partial because I have never been disappointed in anything that I ordered. People from all over come to eat here. You know it's good when you see people visiting from Japan at the tables.
Enjoy the sake. Enjoy the sushi. The prices are great. How can you go wrong. Just look it up on the internet it is on a side street and you can park across the street after hours. There are lots of do not park signs but, I have never gotten a ticket.

• Visited March 2012

“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

Been going there for many years- food is always excellent, owners so nice- owners wife makes the best MaiTai's we've ever had!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hackensack, New Jersey
“The miracle of Hackensack”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

I have been going to Miyoshi for more then 7 years..I always have a pleasant time there, the sushi is very well done. The prices are very good , the hot sake is the best. I noticed a lot of people mentioned that the staff are cranky, but that is because in Hackensack and Bergen County everyone is on the angry side. A lot of times I don't go there because of the customers, the staff and the service is great if you are polite with them..Usually people in Bergen County are extremely rude, this is an over populated area, and it is very hard to get good service..But if you are looking for good authentic japanese food for a good price you will have in Miyoshi..But if you are looking for eat your brain out like most people like in this area and be obnoxious you won't get your way in Miyoshi since the staff is Japanese and are very polite..I find a little bit weird people's comentting that the staff does not like asians.???.The staff are asians, most of them are Japanese and some are koreans,,I know this because I ask them, and we always play around with silly questions and they are good sport and nice..I brought a Korean friend with me about 3 times, and they were very polite with her as well but that is because we act nice..It is a small restaurant and I have seen how rude most of the custmors are..MIyosho is a miracle, since it is a good place located in the worse part fo the town which is full of angry people...People just should act nice around here and don't blame the staff…I didn't move from here yet because there are places like Miyoshi around ..

• Visited June 2011
Garfield, New Jersey
“EWWWW”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

Went there for dinner tonight....as we are finishing we see a roach crawling across the table...ewwww. They didn't even apologize....yuck Will never eat there again!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
new jersey
“excellent in quality and price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

Miyoshi is a restaurant that someone would have to tell you about. My friend has been frequenting it for 20 years and that is how I found out about it. I have never tasted fresher Sushi. The portions are large and the prices are more than reasonable. The staff is not rude at all, they are attentive and always on the run serving the full house as best as possible. That is the reason why they do not always have the time to chit chat. This restaurant is the best Japanese establishment that I have ever eaten in outside of Japan.
In a way, I am sorry that I have written about it. Now everyone will know about it and I may not be able to get in on a Saturday night.