“The Patio.. the Piano Bar.. The Ambiance In and Out” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Stony Hill Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 141 restaurants in Hackensack
Cuisines: European, Italian, Continental
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations
Bergen County, NJ
“The Patio.. the Piano Bar.. The Ambiance In and Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stony Hill has come a long way. IT WAS GREAT, then downhill, now well back up! THANK GOODNESS. Food is very good, and the Ambiance is terrific. Whether your are at a lovely inside table near a fireplace, at the Piano Bar, or on the famous Patio -- it's ALL very very good!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

63% Recommend
Hackensack
“eddie”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

we had been going to stony hill inn for years and brought many of our friends there. we had move to Hackensack 9 years ago and recently decided to start to go there again. well the food was not up to the standards we remember, service was very slow. my wife and have decided we will not be going there anytime soon. this evening was a disapointment

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hackensack, New Jersey
“Horrible Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Sadly I have to give this review to a beautiful place. The Stony Hill Inn is beautiful but the staff and service is plain horrible. I first met with Kathy back in April 2013 to possibly have my Engagement Party there in August 2013. It went well the date was available, and she was very accommodating a little cold, and not very friendly or talkative, but we figure that was just her character. As I was telling some relatives about the Stony Hill, they advise me to look some place else, the food and the service has change they said and that is why the bank she worked for no longer host there parties there, but the inside was so perfect I went against it, and I called Kathy back to make an appointment to leave my deposit. I made the appointment for that Thursday but when we got there she was gone. We were told that the appointment was for Friday. I know I made it for Thursday because it was my Fiance's day off, but still the place is beautiful and I said ok we will be back tomorrow, to leave the deposit. When we arrived Friday I met with Kathy, she acted like she never had seen us before and even introduce herself, I tried to remind her that we had met before and how on our first meeting we found out that she is also from Saddle Brook, where my fiance is from and that he went to school with her children. She was so out of it, and my fiance at that point signaled to a glass of wine on her desk, which the way she was acting we think she might had a few by that time already. She did not remember or conversation, but tried to say yes I remember when I told her you remember. She didn't remember we were there to leave a deposit, and she had already booked the day we were there for, but failed to ever give me a call to even cancel the meeting since it was not a first meeting, but a deposit meeting. She wasted two of our days, since we were there Thursday and then had to go back Friday, and she never even apologize.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“A very special Mother’s Day !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

4 course fixed menu for the holiday. Ample appetizer and entree choices. Very good portion sizes and great dessert choices. We have visited SHI before and it is always wonderful.

The atmosphere, the service, the food, always fabulous. Pricey but well worth it for a special occasion.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Expensive but worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Last night (Saturday) my wife and I ate at the Stony Hill Inn. There is valet parking. The building looks like a large Dutch farm house estate. It is very charming and huge. There seemed to be many rooms set for both casual dining and large affairs. Our seat had a view of the lively bar. We had 6:45 reservations and our dining room was almost empty. Service was great. Our water glasses were never empty, our order was correctly delivered and the timing allowed us to enjoy our meal. Hard crusted fresh bread with butter and olive oil came shortly before our drinks. I ordered a cocktail and my wife had a glass of wine. The menu had a wide selection of Italian and American fare. For our entrees my wife had the Ahi Tuna which came with mashed potatoes. She also ordered a side of creamed spinach. I had the double cut veal chop (at least 3 inches thick) which also came with mashed potatoes but I asked for French fries that they switched for no extra charge. A plate of mixed vegetables was set on the table. We both felt our meals were excellent. We didn’t order dessert and there was no complimentary offering as we have found in many other restaurants. The two drinks, two entrees and a side of creamed spinach came to $105. If we had ordered a second drink, appetizers and dessert it could have easily been $100 more. This is a restaurant for special occasions where service and ambiance are important.

• Visited April 2013