“Anything and everything!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Saddle Brook, NJ
“Anything and everything!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The Crow's Nest is one of those places that you can visit once a week for a whole year and never repeat your entree. Every day there are daily specials to suit every palette. My late husband and I frequented this restaurant at least once a week. The prices are reasonable and the food has been great! Their sliced filet mignon special served on toast points is tasty and the meat is always cooked to your satisfaction. There is a wide variety of choices for almost every kind of meat and fish entree you can imagine. I have sampled almost every one of their soups, my favorite is the french onion au gratin, and they are all top notch. I have taken my grandson, age 8, there on numerous occasions and he always finds something he likes, they have a children's menu but he prefers to order off the main menu. It is also a place I do not mind going alone, which I have done on numerous occasions. The staff has always been warm and friendly. The prices are quite reasonable and the atmosphere inviting. If going on a Sunday or Monday during football season it can be quite noisy, so if you are not into football then ask for a quiet table in one of the dining rooms. They have a very nice bar area and entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights. It is conveniently located on Route 17 South in Hackensack, NJ

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

81% Recommend
Hackensack, New Jersey
“Bar food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Good burgers and roast beef sandwiches...beer is cold ..what else could you ask for....this place has been there forever

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
NJ
“Completely unexpected! Hidden gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

I have driven past this place a million times. When my sister-in-law wanted to go here for her birthday I thought, 'You HAVE to be kidding me!" Because I thought it was just a bar. But I've been here twice in two weeks because the food is outstanding! I've has the broiled lobster and the grilled whole fish, lobster salad and grilled calamari (not in one sitting). All outstanding. My husband orders the steak because he said it is one of the best steaks he's had. We're a little on the foodie side so, really, this place is great.

Now the interior is a little on the dated side. Not a place to impress your first date but if you're looking for a great dinner (affordably priced, though tht's not the draw for me), this is the place!

Oh, the sides aren't notable but who cares.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

Our crows nest experience was made better by our waitress. We went in with a group of people and our waitress, long blonde hair...missed her name, answered all our questions and really made it a wonderful experience. the fish is fresh, sandwiches big and ribs delicious. Worth going.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rutherford, New Jersey
“Great if your 65+”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

This is a good place if your over 65 and can not taste your food. The staff brings out food that you did not order ,when they have specials they do not offer you what the menu says,and the food will take some time to get to the talbe.i have been here about 4 times in the last 5 years and this will be my last.so if you have no taste buds this is the place for you because this food has not flavor and is over cooked!!!!!!!!!

• Visited June 2012