“A perfect place for a perfect vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Apple Valley Inn Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glenwood
Apple Valley Inn Bed & Breakfast
You added Apple Valley Inn Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
967 Route 517, Glenwood, NJ 07418   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Glenwood B&B and Inns
New Jersey
“A perfect place for a perfect vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

What can I say? The Apple Valley Inn is a treat like no other; and not just because of the many treats in Candy Apple Shop they have on the property.

First, the owners of the Inn, Lauren & Leigh, are just so very kind and should be proud of their wonderful Inn. They really make you feel like you are part of their family and my wife and I could not have asked for better hosts. It is easy to see why every review on this site is exceptional. Everything is exceptional from the rooms to the scrumptious breakfasts made every morning. I especially appreciate them accomodating my wife who has certain dietary needs. They made my wife quite happy which of course, made me equally as happy.

Secondly, my wife and I really enjoyed walking the beautiful grounds which are meticulously landscaped. We particulary enjoyed relaxing on the two seat swing chair that overlooked the running brook in the back of the Inn. You are surrounded by many types of beautiful flowers and all the splendor that nature has to offer.

We loved the area; especially the Appalachian Trail nearby. It was such a pleasure in being able to soak in all the great views during our hike on the trail. We have already booked our return this fall to not only enjoy the Inn again, but to enjoy the great fall foliage that the area is known for.

There are so many great things I can say about the Apple Valley Inn as the list is endless. I do know that it is one the best places my wife and I have stayed at and should be rated as one of the better Inns around; hands down.

And before I wrap up the review, when visiting the Inn, one must stop by the Candy Apple Shop that Lauren & Leigh run. Lets just say I enjoyed all the samples I had the pleasure of trying and I guarentee that you will be hooked :-) I brought home a caramel apple and dark chocolate covered pretzel with caramel, but they didn't make it past the first day we got back. Talk about heavenly!

If you want a vacation of total relaxtion, fantastic hosts and so much more, this is a can't miss.

Leonard & Kebra

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Hornell, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2009

My g/f and I stayed with Laurn and Leigh for two nights this past wekend. We loved the Inn! The rooms are immaculate and kept up very well, the house itself is wonderful, and was redone with great attention to detail and a cozy yet updated style, the breakfasts were excellent, and Lauren & Leigh are warm, friendly, and very accommodating (offering to make golf reservations, for example). We will definitely be back to this lovely B&B.

The ladies were very responsive to my email inquiries and booking was very easy. The inn is easy to find and is very accessible. There is a slight (very slight) drawback with the location, as it is right on a main road, but this absolutely did not detract from our enjoyment or ability to sleep.

The grounds are lovely and immaculate. The Candy Apple Shoppe is incredibly well stocked with goodies, and everything we tasted was very good. There is a stocked fridge (beverages) for guests, which we found hit the spot perfectly. Their Shitzu pups were friendly yet unobtrusive. The best part for us was the incredibly friendly, warm, inviting atmosphere and energy created by Lauren and Leigh. If you're traveling to Vernon Valley/Great Gorge, do yourself a favor and stay with them.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

My wife and I were in town this weekend for a class at Bobolink Dairy and stayed for one night at the Apple Valley Inn. Our room - the gala - was nicely decorated and very comfortable. Breakfast was wonderful and the truffles we bought at the candy shop were delicious. Leigh and Lauren were great hosts, they were super helpful without being intrusive - they also have a great dvd collection. We would definitely come back when we're in the area again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
East Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

My family and I had a fabulous stay. We stayed two nights at the beautiful and friendly Apple Valley Inn. Lauren and Leigh are wonderful hosts. We took over all but one room in the Inn to celebrate my mother's 75th birthday. It was a lovely and relaxing visit.
The grounds are beautiful and the porch was a lovely spot to read and spend time with family. There is a winery, town and section of the Appalachian trail close to the inn. The trail was a pleasant surprise because it is part boardwalk that goes over swamp lands and connects with bridges and woods; all ages were able to enjoy walks, jogs, and nature hikes.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2009

Stayed for one night (wish it could have been longer). The inn keepers were so warm and welcoming, we felt right at home. You could see all the hard work and effort they put into the Inn. We will definately be returning. I've been to several Inns before. This, by far, was the best. I could say nothing bad about the place. Fantastic trip. Also, as a side note for those looking for great food in the area (aside from the tasty chocolates at the Apple Valley Inn's own candy store), I would recommend Grappa's in Warwick. Delicious meal! Decent prices.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

We have been to the Apple Valley Inn five times, and we have every intention of going many times more. Leigh and Lauren treat their guests like family. There is nothing they would not do for their guests. They are charming, intelligent, great conversationalists, helpful. The Inn itself is nicely furnished without being museum-like. Everything is clean. The grounds are beautiful, and the candy store they run nextdoor is just another added bonus. I can't say enough about the Inn and the owners.
I highly recommend the Apple Valley Inn.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2009

We had the most remarkable stay at the Apple Valley Bed and Breakfast. It was far beyond our expectations. It's located just two hours from Manhattan and considering the proximity, price and overall experience there, it is a great bargain. The hostesses, Lauren and Leigh, are very kind, accomodating, friendly; they are very knowledgeable of the surrounding area and even provided a nice coupon book for the nearby outlets. Their quaint candy shop is also fantastic (awesome truffles!).

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Apple Valley Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!