“Glad To Be At The Gladstone Tavern” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Gladstone
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Description: Casual Fine Dining at it's best in a restored landmark building specializing in seasonal American cuisine
New Jersey
“Glad To Be At The Gladstone Tavern”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

My wife and I had a very nice lunch at the Gladstone Tavern yesterday. Two Cosmos well made, a very nice squash bisque soup to start and a lobster and spinach omelet with very delicious hand cut fries. My wife had the Sushi Grade tuna salad which had some beautiful tuna seared to perfection. Add a wonderful toasted almond ice cream for dessert and it makes for a very nice lunch. I noted the wine list which is varied, nice, and reasonable. Service was very good. The owner came by and asked how we like everything. And, a very pretty place. I liked it! A very unpretentious staff in a comfortable setting. Simply very nice.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Whippany
“What you get for what you pay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have been to the Tavern several times. Across the board the portions are not worth the cost. 26.00 for two scallopes and some corn was the last visit. The food is ok but definitely not worth the charge.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Short Hills, New Jersey
“Had a quite credible burger…”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

...paired with my trademark Jack Daniels on the rocks. I then proceeded to take a short hike at Natirar nearby, nearly resulting in my death from heatstroke as it was approaching 100°. I was so hot by the time I got back to the car, that I stripped off my shirt and drove home looking like a shorthaired version of Kid Rock.

Visited July 2013
New Jersey
“So fresh!!! Cant wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Dined at the Gladstone Tavern on July 13 with my husband and our two adult sons. This was not my first time there but the meal on Saturday was just OUTSTANDING. They had just posted there seasonal summer menu so it was new, inviting and perfect for a hot summer night! We all had appys and we all agreed the hummus was to die for....huge portion should do as a share! Entrees included the Hangar Steak, Mussels, Duck and a Lobster Pasta dish that was out of this world. We shared the chef's special dessert of Peach Upside Down cake...it didnt last more than 3 minutes! Our waitress was so sweet, well-informed about the menu as well as the bar! My only negative was the bus staff...a bit rude rushing in to clear tables and not extremely friendly! I cant wait to go back!!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lebanon, New Jersey
“Disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We've been to this restaurant several times but won't go back again. Saturday night we were shown graciously to our table which although reserved for 6 people was really a table for four. We squeezed into our seats and things kept getting worse. First of all the noise level was so high that we hardly heard the waitress although she bent down to tell us about the menu. There was never a moment when we could speak across our table to our dinner companions. As for the food, absolutely nothing was memorable: mussels the size of garden peas in a no-flavor broth, lobster salad unimaginatively thrown on a plate with barely any lobster, soggy pommes frites, tired broccoli, dry bread, and one dish that was so spicy our friend couldn't eat it. By that time we just wanted to get out of there so we did. We won't give them another chance.

• Visited July 2013