“The Widow McCrea is a gracious hostess” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Widow McCrea House Victorian Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Frenchtown
The Widow McCrea House Victorian Bed and Breakfast
You added The Widow McCrea House Victorian Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
53 Kingwood Ave., Frenchtown, NJ 08825   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Frenchtown B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
A TripAdvisor Member
“The Widow McCrea is a gracious hostess”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2005

My companion and I have just spent a throughly enjoyable 4th of July weekend at the Widow McCrea House. Our Hostess was a delight. She offered suggestions on local restaurants and area activities. The 3 places we dined at were excellent and our favorite place was so good, we went twice! We were surprised at all the things to do in the area. We especially enjoyed the horseback riding and river tubing!

The Inn is just lovely. Our room was comfortable, very clean and the featherbeds were like sleeping on a cloud.

The breakfasts were wonderful. Each one unique, plentiful, and beautifully plated. Even the coffee cake was presented surrounded with flowers!

Everything was just great. We can't wait to return. In fact, we have already reserved for our next trip for a festival weekend in October!

• Stayed July 2005

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Saddle River NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2005

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying in the Kase Cottage at the Widow McCrea House. We wanted a quite, intimate getaway to celebrate our Anniversary and we were sooo impressed!
First off, the cottage is lovely and well thought out. Small details everywhere that will charm you. For example, the owner collects antique postcards that are framed and beautifully displayed along with wonderful antique kitchen ware and old bottles found on the property during their renovations. We were told the history of the property and the cottage (now totally renovated, and with the largest indoor jacuzzi I have ever seen!) was the original servants quarters.
In addition, our stay was over the Christmas Holidays and the Inn was beautifully decorated. It was easy to see that the Hostess loves her Inn and takes great care of her guests. We can not say enough. I have always been a B and B person, but this just took it to another level altogether. This just might be my favorite place yet!

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2004

Hello,
I am a yankee (Mainer) visiting family in the Frenchtown area and had the good fortune to be advised of a lovely little Bed and Breakfast called the Widow McCrea House.
I am staying at the Inn as I write this note and I couldn't be more pleased! The Inn is beautifully appointed and the rooms are comfortable, spacious and well above your average B and B. My suite is very beautiful. It has a fireplace and a wonderful, big jacuzzi. The anitiques are well chosen and of very good quality.
When I made my reservation, I was told that they are known for their breakfasts. Well they are not kidding! We were served 3 courses by candlelight and all of it was excellent and beautifully presented. The hostess is charming, lovely and very accomodating.
I come from a resort area where we have B and B's on nearly every street. There is nothing like this where I come from. I most certainly will visit here again and tell my traveling friends.

In addition, Frenchtown NJ is most charming! Quaint shops, friendly natives and good dining. I love it here!

Most Sincerely,

Annette S. Hillock
Camden Maine

• Stayed October 2004

Been to The Widow McCrea House Victorian Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!