“very disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: NJ 12
Transit: The Link Bus (local Hunterdon County transit service), Transbridge Bus Lines (PA, NJ & NYC commuter service).
Clearwater, Florida
“very disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband and I went to dinner there for our 20th wedding anniversary. Our 15 year old son joined us. We had planned on going to another restaurant in the area that we love, but it wasn't open that night. Haven't been to Hotel in years so decided to give it a try. Big mistake. They weather was bad that day so when we entered the restaurant around 7:00, the only other people were 4 girls at the bar. The owner told us we could sit anywhere. We chose a table close to the front in the back room. Our waiter was apparently the bartender, as he seemed to be more interested in the girls at the bar than waiting on us. Took forever to take our order, never picked up the wine list, just left it on our table, actually placed the condiments he brought to the table on top of the wine list. Salads came out, which were tasty, but no bread came with them. A while later, our entrees came out, my husband and I ordered fish & chips and my son ordered the bacon cheddar burger. Fish and chips very greasy, french fries were good. My son didn't like his burger at all (how can you ruin a bacon cheeseburger??). I had to get up and go to the waiters stand to get salt & pepper myself. No sign of waiter, oh yeah, he's busy talking to those girls at the bar. We are locals and definately won't go back. Only reason for poor instead of terrible is because the french fries were fresh cut and tasty.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Easton, Pennsylvania
“Not my cup of tea”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Attractive place with dining in bar area or restauarant. I was put off by several things: 1) manager constantly buzzing around, frowning the whole time. 2) busboy chewing gum 3) menu items way too eclectic for me...wife ordered chili...I'm still not sure what she received. I ordered a cup of soup that seemed interesting; what I received was bizarre, filled with I guess vegetables. I'm still
clueless. While the restaurant was 3/4 full, the table service was
also clueless. To be fair, my wife found it all acceptable; I did not.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Erwinna, Pennsylvania
“Consistently good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have no idea which restaurant "toonybrain" reviewed, but it couldn't have been the National. Really great burgers and wings, not to mention the best fish & chips this side of the pond. Some very welcome dishes from outside NJ also, thanks in part to the husband and wife team that own the National coming originally from India and Chile. When it's on the menu, the gumbo is some of the best that I've had outside of New Orleans too. Downstairs bar has a terrific bartender and a friendly local crowd with music on the weekends. Can't go wrong here really.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mahwah, New Jersey
“Very friendly place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed at this hotel and the staff was great. We totally enjoyed our stay. We only had appetizers once and wished we had had dinner here also. We had the lamb sliders and they were packed full of flavor. Loved them! Unfortunately the muffins for continental breakfast were super dry both mornings.

Visited August 2012
Frenchtown, New Jersey
“A very Special place to visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Great Food and the most welcoming Staff. I visit often!

• Visited July 2012