“What a line!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Shrewsbury, New Jersey
“What a line!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Well, they came out with a Wonderful Veggie Burger that is made on premise. However, don't fret I dine with carnivores :) and they love almost everything on the menu, the breakfast for dinner is very good also. If you feel like dining a little earlier (around 4:30 or so) the wait isn't as bad if any, in season they have outside dinning as well,(but you do look at strip mall and parking lot). And OF COURSE I had Key Lime Cheesecake was awesome, hubby had Apple Pie with vanilla ice cream oh YUM! If your in a larger party I believe they will take reservations ahead of time. I'd personally would love to try all the deserts for dinner. ENJOY

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

New Jersey
“Always great food & drinks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Come here quite a lot and have never been disappointed. The menu is huge, but this time I chose one of their "specials", a pan-seared Salmon dish with butter, lemon, capers and mushrooms. It was wonderful! Before the meal, we chose the "Pretzel Crispy Chicken" and the "Pot-Stickers" appetizers, both delicious! Oh, I can't forget the "Lemon-Drop Martinis"! They certainly know how to make them here!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Freehold, New Jersey
“Try the spring rolls!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Recommend the spring rolls (a pretty delicious avocado and onion stuffed one drizzled in a sweet Thai chili sauce), and the cheesecake. But nothing else!!! The rest of the menu is subpar, and even though the portion sizes are decent it's a bit overpriced at the $20/entree Mark.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Freehold, New Jersey
“Yummy apps and drinks! But always a wait :(”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have been to the Freehold Cheesecake Factory several times. I often end up sitting at or around the bar because the wait can be long. I end up loving the bar area, there are TV's delicious drinks and apps. A few times I have waited for a table and that was nice too. Very large menu which I think is overwhelming but whatever something for everyone. I think the food is good not excellent but sometimes it's fun to be at a place that is buzzing and filled. Although, it can be a little loud. I'm all over the place with this review but.. The desserts are of course outrageous and awesome.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Plainsboro, New Jersey
“Solid Enough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I remember when I was little and I would visit my grandparents in West Palm Beach, FL, that everyone would get excited about going to the Cheesecake Factory. Everyone was always blown away by the size of the menu and the number of cheesecakes. Now, 10+ years later, Cheesecake Factory just seems to be another chain restaurant. There are some awesome stores and some bad ones. From my several experiences, the one in Freehold is pretty solid. I went with my brother, dad, cousin, and uncle for some nice family bonding. We ordered some starters. We ordered nachos, stuffed mushrooms, shrimp summer rolls, and avocado egg rolls. Everything was awesome. I particularly noticed that this location served real melted shredded cheeses, unlike the location at Quakerbridge Mall in West Windsor, where they seemed to smother the tortilla chips with some imitation Velveeta cheese sauce. So I was very happy. For my entrée, I ordered the Asian Grilled Chicken Salad. I thought the salad was just ok. They try to impress you so much with the size of the salad that the tastes of every ingredient and the dressing never really comes together because there is so much damn lettuce. In general, I usually get the same things, but getting this salad was a new experience for me. I won't get it again, but I know almost every other thing on the menu is excellent. The food at Cheesecake Factory is always pretty good. Our server, Patty, was excellent. She was nice, personable, and knew how to relate to her guests. She was also very knowledgeable about the menu and knew what she was talking about. Overall, I enjoyed this experience. Most of the food was good and the service was great. I would go to this specific store again.

• Visited May 2014