“Always great!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
New Jersey
“Always great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

NOTE: the photo of the Dusal's I am, and have been, reviewing is incorrect and is a Dusal's located in Kendall Park, NJ.

My wife and I ran out to the store and decided a bowl of soup and a slice of pizza would be a perfect dinner, since the weather was very chilly for May. And, of course, there is only one place for Italian food, as far as we are concerned. Dusal's on Wets Main St, across from Walmart and Sam's club, Freehold NJ. Their pasta fagioli was excellent as usual, and of course, the pizza was great. Of course we do eat at other Italian restaurants when meeting friends in a central location, etc. Some of the restaurants are "higher end" business casual, etc. We enjoy this Dusal's Italian food at least as much, and usually more, than other "fancy" restaurants we have dined at throughout NJ, and Philadelphia. It has always been consistent, and their "gravy" (as our family has always referred to it due to our Italian heritage) is as good as mom's, or any other eatery that we have dined in.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New Jersey
“Can't get enough of their food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We eat here very often. The service is always good, but the food is outrageously delicious. We actually have eaten here 5-6 times (probably more) since my last review, but we can't review the same place every visit. Just met friends on friday (a last minute dinner) and had Tilapia Livorno, of course tilapia in a marechiarra suace (thin, somewhat clear, clam suace without the clams) over pasta. Our one friend also ordered it, while our wives ordered 1 chicken with artichoke hearts in a brown balsamic reduction sauce (some other items in there, don't remember the name of the dish) and 1 mixed vegetables over pasta special. My friend and I had to ask for another loaf of bread to wipe up the last drops of the marechiarra sauce. It is sooooooo good. The wives also enjoyed their specials, finishing all. You get plenty of food, and, once again, it competes, if not beats mom's home cooking (don't tell mom that!). We just haven't had anything bad here ever!

Visited March 2013
“Once A Week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Mama mia, this is it. We've eaten at Dusal's for over 13 years and we go once a week. It's a favorite for a lot of reasons. The food is consistantly excellent, the prices are reasonable, the portions are big, the servers know us by name and what our favorite meals are. The remodelled and expanded dining room is cozy and nicely decorated. As a first generation Italian-American, the food is the thing I enjoy most.

My favorite is the Palm Beach salad followed by fried calamari, scungilli salad, linguini with white clam sauce, cheese steak, and pasta e fagioli soup. Oh so good. My wife is partial to the veal parmagiana, artichoke ravioli, lobster ravioli, mescaline salad, caprese salad, and of course, crispy fried calamari - extra tentacles. Hot bread comes to table. Order the garlic bread or garlic knots, yum. Never disappointed in a meal. Quality is in everything they prepare. BYOB.

Eddie from Italy watches over the place and has trained his diverse kitchen staff well to prepare the most delicious dishes anywhere. We've tried to keep it a secret but it's time to share this Italian feast with you. Only problem is that the strip mall it's in gets lots of car traffic for other shops an eateries, so be patient (I'm not) when trying to park. I wish they would make caneloni but they do have a roster of daily specials.

Oh, yeah, they also make good pizza. The front counter has a team of men who work well together getting take-out orders and quick slices for the front tables. They do an incredible take-out business.

Mangia!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
marlboro
“went here for party, food not good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

went here for a family party, food was cold and tasted horrible. the salad was warm and the other foods seemed like they had been cooked several hours earlier and then served

Visited September 2012
“Seriously?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

If this is what pizza tasted like I would never eat it again. When I first moved in to the area I went with my son, it was horrrible which only made me regret my move from Brooklyn all the more. But I decided to give them a second d chance and strike two! They are on the never again list.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere