“Good Value for Money” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Fort Lee
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
“Good Value for Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Me and my Boyfriend travelled from the UK to stay here for a 5 night trip. Flew in to JFK, so the taxi fee was approx $100 but it was late and we just wanted to get there!
When we arrived, the guy on conceirge (forgot his name) but he was so helpful and chatty, really welcoming. I was a little worried about staying here after reading other people's negative experiences (mostly about the hotel's location) Don't get me wrong, you can't just jump on a bus, and end up in Times Square, BUT there is bus stop literally RIGHT outside the hotel. Bus runs every 10 minutes!! it takes you over George Washington Bridge, (for $2.50) and drops you off at the Subway (which then takes you to wherever you fancy) We pretty much rode the A-Train the whole time (taking you to the main places, Time Square, Central Park etc)

Coming BACK from Manhattan took a while to work out.... the bus that drops us off at the Subway (George WAshington Bridge) stops running after a certain time, so if you're out late in Manhattan, when you get off at the GW subway, you then need to walk and get a cab from the street to take you over the GW bridge back to the Holiday Inn (but this only costs approx $8) so not too bad. BIG TIP: go to conceirge and ask for the bus/taxi info. It is sooo good and explains all of this in more detail. Hotel was clean, spacious room, nice shower too. Great base for exploring!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed at this Hotel this past weekend, I must say I was pleasantly surprised, this hotel was VERY clean, the staff was VERY helpful, the food was VERY delicious. Although the pool is closed for remodeling it didn't even matter because it was cold, and there was not any restaurants within walking distance, everything was great. I booked this hotel for my church group because we had to go to New York for Sunday Morning Service and all we had to do was go right across the GW Bridge and we were there. I must say everybody in my group loved this hotel and we will be staying there again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Leonia, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Hi
I was there in the hotel for a week and my experience was both Good/Bad.
Good- The front staff guys are very good and helpful. The hotel is nice, clean and have good facilities
Bad-Its right next to highway and no space to walk outside. Also if we order any non-billable item as room service, they dont bring it to room. Have to go down to pick it.

Experience- Stay was good. But i was not given the breaffast which comes as part of corporate booking. I thnk iwas the first person to be refused breakfast out of 100 employees who would have stayed there. Also the amount which gets dedcuted on card is far more than what has been mentioned in the check out summary. On asking i was told its the mistake of Bank. I am wondering out of so much outlets, wehre i use my card, how can only for Holiday Inn, it can be a problem. Hence i suggest everyone to pay cash while setteling account to avoid being charged extra. It happened with me twice and with my friend once.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Duane H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fort Lee, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Sandy_888_30

As always we appreciate any and all reviews that come in, for, reviews are our direct link into our guests' satisfaction levels. Our never ending quest is to meet every need a guest may have. We have an associate that will bring any sundry item to a guest room as requested. At the front desk, we have information stationed to inform our guests' of what authorizations will be taken for room, tax and incidentals so our guest can make educated decisions on what methods of payment they will use. Due to being a Holiday Inn full service hotel, breakfast is not offered complimentary, however, we do have rate packages that offer breakfast. So thank you for your feed back and keep it coming!

Duane H
Brunswick, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The property was a pretty standard Holiday Inn. You get what you pay for, an affordable (by NYC standards) mid-range hotel with mid-range amenities. Our room was very good with a comfortable bed, but the bathroom did not look like it had been thoroughly cleaned with stains on the floor. You pay for everything, there is no complementary coffee, you have to buy it in a machine in the lobby or make it yourself in your room. We only ate in the restaurant for breakfast and the continental buffet was good and affordable. The check-in was efficient and uneventful but the checkout was very slow even though I was the only one checking out. I had a breakfast charged to my room that morning and I had told the restaurant that I was checking out within an hour, so I would have thought that they would have got it on my bill quickly. Not so, it took forever to get in on my bill. We booked this hotel for its location across the George Washington Bridge from Upper Manhattan. Our plans were to park the car and take their shuttles across the bridge to catch the trains to Times Square. We ended up driving because the requirements for late night shuttles were difficult to arrange. But overall, the benefits far outweigh the drawbacks, I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Duane H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fort Lee, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Thank you Svargasi for you comments! We truly appreciate all reviews. Guest reviews only assist us in our never ending quest for guest satisfaction!

Duane H
Harrisburg, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Easy access into the city, but difficult to get back at night, especially if you miss one turn! The shuttle process from the hotel to the subway at 178th street in NY seemed a bit complicated late at night getting back so we opted to drive.

Walls are super thin. We heard people in the hallway up to 2am. Thank goodness for ear plugs!

Bathroom is extra small. Tub did not hold water. Rust is showing on handles/knobs in room and bathroom. We had a view of a gross algae filled pool. What an eyesore!

Hotel is wedged on a busy highway between two gas stations. No where to eat and breakfast is not free. Coffee machine in the lobby - for $1.00. You can eat at their hotel if starved.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs - seriously - walls are very thin. Just deal with it if you do not want to pay NYC h...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Duane H, Manager at Holiday Inn Fort Lee, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear KC724,

We appreciate your feed back on your stay with us, again, guest feed back keeps us on our toes! We have commenced our pool renovation as of April 10th so please pardon our appearance while this undertaking is still in progress. We have posted signs throughout the hotel to inform our guests. We have also put together an instructional video explaining step by step the "how to's" on traveling to and fro Manhattan and the alike. Currently, we have situated in the evelator, a QR that can be scanned and the video with all the directional information can be view through your phone. Thanks again KC724.

Duane H.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Stayed here while visiting NYC. Rooms were comfortable. We had two adjoining rooms because we were traveling with 2 teen-agers (1 was ours, one wasn't) and they had the adjoining room. Place was clean and breakfast was well worth the extra $15 per room. Our room view wasn't much (the back of the Holiday Inn Billboard) but we were only there for sleep & breakfast.

Room Tip: We had rooms at the end of the hallway from the elevator == therefore minimal traffic. The elevator...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Spent a weekend at this hotel with my family. I loved it, the rooms are in top notch condition, there's a mini fridge and microwave all in the room. Great view and right next to the GWB. Staff were really friendly and helpful. I forgot the gentleman's name at the front desk but he was so nice and really made us feel welcomed, so was the security guard. I give this hotel 5 stars and plan on coming back again. I recommend this hotel to anyone interested. They also have a restaurant downstairs! How cool and convenient is that?!

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Holiday Inn Fort Lee? Share your experiences!