“Best value Best Western” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Fort Lee
Lake Ariel, Pennsylvania
“Best value Best Western”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

On a recent trip to New York City with friends from Washington State, we wanted to have advanced reservations, but didn't want to pay New York prices. On-line, I found the Fort Lee Best Western conveniently located on NJ Route 4, just across the George Washington Bridge. They happened to have a 4-day special, so each room cost about $450 with taxes - more than we were hoping to spend, but certainly cheap by NY standards! Although we had a car and used it to go into NY on some days, we were also able to get a cab at the hotel for $7 to the GW bus stop on the NJ side and then took a bus (senior rates!) across the bridge to the NY bus terminal and then the Subway (Senior day-ticket!) from there.

The rooms were clean and comfortable, breakfasts were good, and the service was excellent. We had a minor problem with one room on arrival and the front desk clerk graciously accommodated us. The owner, Fitzroy Grizzle and his assistant were most helpful in guiding us with NY attractions and helped us secure World Trade Center visitors passes.

We had four hectic, fun-filled days in NYC and it was nice to come "home" to a quiet, safe, welcoming place!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
fortleegm, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Fort Lee, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Disappdoc

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent comments about your visit to our hotel.

We take a lot of pride in ensuring that all of our guest leave with a lasting memory of our facilty and wants to return.

It was a pleasure for me to help you with directiosn and means of getting into the city and i do hope that you, your friends and family members will visit us again in the near future.

159 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Williams Island, FL, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Great hotel for the money. Not fancy, spartan for amenities, but rooms are kept very clean, and staff is very nice to deal with. Easy access to New York City. I would recommend for a limited stay. One certainly can't go wrong staying here, but do not expect luxury accommodations.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

fortleegm, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Fort Lee, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Neil D

We are happy that you enjoy your brief stay with us, your review was one of the review we used this morning in our employee meeting.
Our goal is to ensure that all guest have a memorable stay, although at time this goal is not reach we continue to work hard on areas that we have failed so it will not happen again

I hope we will see you again in the near future.

Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Price and place were fine, but in order to open your suitcases you'll have to use the beds.
However, the receptionist was more than forthcoming and going completely out of his way by arranging another hotel for the same price. Exceptional service!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Nesco

Thank you for staying with us on your recent stay in the NY/NJ area, our guest are very important to us and we always try to ensure we can offer exceptional service in all areas.

We hope you will come and stay with us agin in the near future.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is my second time staying at this hotel, we were here to see visit Manhatten.
Checking clerk was very kind and gave me the information i needed to visit the city,he also called me after i arrived to ensure that everything was o.k. with my room.
The room is more of a older setting but was clean with a flat screen t.v.
In the morning i was awakening by the room next to me.
Breakfast was much better than a few of the other hotels we stayed at and was also greeted by a young lady who was also helpful.

I will definitely stay again

Room Tip: Always ask for parking vouchers
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tsahai S

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 201-461-7000.

Holbrook, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

As others have said, this hotel has an awkward setup. When I checked in, the front desk person pointed out that I would have to carry my bag up a flight of stairs; I didn't expect it would be in the dark! It was strange walking down the dark corridor trying to find my room. Once in, the room was somewhat dated but clean. The breakfast was fine, waffles, cereal, etc. I hated trying to get out onto route 4; the traffic is going so fast it's dangerous! The proximity to the city is good, however.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Aya2

Thank you for making us your choice of stay while you were staying in the New Jersey area.

We appreciate your feedback and have taken your feedback very seriously, we are working on several areas to ensure that your next stay will be a lot more pleasant.

Your opinion about us is very valuable and we take pride in our hotel.

Thank you and I am looking forward in seeing you again.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Bad from the beginning. I called from a friends ahead to clarify if it was on RT 4, to which I was told very easy access ON route 4. Deadly access coming and going.

Lobby was filled with the smell of mold and smoke. Absolutely filthy.
When we checked into our room, it was a AWFUL mix off smoke, filth and a toxic amount of chemicals trying to mask them all. Hot, stale, cramped. NO ventilation, A/C and fan didn't work properly. Towel rack is inside the shower ? All the bedding that was supplied was a sheet and very well used old brown blanket barely suitable for my dog.

Staff were not friendly, did not bring anything requested (blankets, toilet paper etc)

In our two night stay our room was never cleaned and towels never refreshed.

Police were constantly driving by on the premises.

Breakfast ? Expired yogurt and bad coffee.

I have stayed at various levels of and a variety of brand hotels and never in my life have I encountered such an awful experience. I will never stay at another Best Western, the entire integrity of the brand has been lost now, I once considered the Best Western to be a quality brand but after this expierence that's been ruined. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Smarie 306

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 201-461-7000.

Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I would not recommend this Best Western to anyone, worst motel Ive stayed at, terrible set up, dated, smelled, no ventilation, dated, rooms small, in poor condition , worst motel Ive ever stayed at in Canada and US, they want me to use 200 words , on this but all I can keep saying is overall horrible experience

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Deborah W

We are sorry that you were not pleased with our service on your recent visit.

I really would like to communicate more with you so I can use this as a trainning for myself and staff
so we can perfect our service and establisment.

please contact me at 201-461-7000 or fortleegm@wnwhospitality.com

I will await your call.

Fitzroy Grizzle

Been to BEST WESTERN Fort Lee? Share your experiences!