“Don't stay here if you want a good night's sleep!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center

You added Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   175 Park Avenue, Florham Park, NJ 07932 (Formerly Hamilton Park Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Weekend Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Florham Park
Cincinnati, OH
“Don't stay here if you want a good night's sleep!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2009

A friend and I recently booked a Friday and Saturday night stay at the Hamilton Park Hotel, and it was by far the worst hotel experience I have ever had. There was a wedding reception at the hotel on Friday night, and our room was right above a courtyard bar area....that didn't close until 1:30AM. It was so noisy that we couldn't sleep, but the hotel was completely booked so we couldn't move rooms. When the bar closed, we thought we'd finally get some sleep, but a group of folks brought the party into the room next to us. We informed the front desk who promptly sent security to the loud room...but 1/2 hour later the noise started up again. We requested security again, and while they were able to break up the party next to us, by this time it was 3AM.

We ended up checking out on Saturday morning, canceling our reservation for that evening. We also got a 50% refund on our Friday night stay. While I don't fault the staff on duty ...they were very professional and helped as best they could... who in the world puts hotel rooms directly above a courtyard bar? If there is any sort of event going on, you are guaranteed not to get any sleep. If you must stay here, do yourself a favor and request a room away from the courtyard, particularly if the weather is nice.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2009

Stayed one weekend night with family after a day at The Funplex entertainment center in nearby East Hanover. Had the place mostly to ourselves--saw only a few other guests, and no one else in the pool area. Good rate via Priceline.

Hotel is upscale, well kept. Room and bathroom were both average size. Standard tub. Furnishings and bedding looked new. Comfortable beds and pillows.

Pool area was large and clean. 4-5' deep pool was a good temperature. Jacuzzi was nice and hot. Locker room was clean and had a sauna. Did not use the gym, but it looked larger and nicer than a standard hotel exercise room.

No concierge or bellman. Was what I'd call a "business casual" kind of place--very nice, but informal enough for caffeinated kids. No complaints.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2009

I didn't stay in the hotel overnight, but I have been there many times for business meetings, and I made my son's engagement party there (in the Vaderbilt lounge). Food and service were always excellent, and staff was extremely accommodating and helpful. Looked at rooms for overnight guests and they looked nice though no one actually stayed overnight.

• Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2008

I recently stayed at the Hamilton Park Hotel during the hoilday. The hotel exceeds expecatation! I was impressed with the overall ambiance of the hotel and guestrooms. The view from my room was lovely. I could not wait to return to my room to enjoy the peace and tranquility. The hotel provides complimentary wireless services including printing services. This hotel looks exactly like the photos online.

Overall, I would give this hotel 5 stars!

• Liked — room
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Rochester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2008

Small touches - like a high end Keurig coffee maker in each guest room - point to the classy experience at the newly renovated Hamilton Park. This business traveler values comfortable beds with high-thread count sheets and towels, a great workout facility, wireless access, and a good hot breakfast. The Hamilton Park has that and more: a martini/wine bar tucked in a quiet corner of the lobby, a staff that is both well trained and attentive, seamless check-in and check-out, and a strong guest-service orientation. I belong to two private clubs; the recognition factor here is almost as high. By the second day the greeter in the main dining room showed me to the window table she remembered I liked. My coffee cup was kept full without my having to track down a server. My room was impeccably cleaned, and serviced early as I prefer. I stay in hotels all over the world, and have paid a great deal more for a great deal less. The Hamilton Park is very high on my list for travel to the metropolitan area.

• Liked — Staff highly trained and oriented toward guest service
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

I stayed in the hotel for 6 nights for an extended stay around a high school reunion. I thought almost everything about the hotel was excellent. Friendly and very helpful staff, starting at the front door. The room was spacious and clean. The health club and pool(s) were excellent. the restaurant staff were attentive and polite and quick. Room service was also prompt. The lobby is large and comfortable, perfect for hanging out and meeting people, and looks out on an attractive courtyard. We also took a couple of train trips to NYC and used the convenient shuttle service to the station.

The breakfast buffet was very good. I liked the option to eat healthy. If you want bacon, eggs,etc, there is an optional additional charge. The other estaurant food was just adequate, but the intention seems to be for informal eating.

• Stayed July 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2008

We stayed here over Memorial Day weekend (Friday to Monday) for a wedding and had an excellent stay. The renovations that caused other travellers problems were done. The gym is easily the nicest hotel gym in which I have ever worked out, at least a dozen cardio machines with their own TVs, a full weight set, machines, etc. There are two jetted pools and two lap pools (one set indoors, one set outdoors). The rooms had very comfortable king beds and pod coffee machines, which I really liked, as well as free Wi-Fi and a free printing system. The food was good at both the main restaurant and the bar, although food service in the bar can be a bit slow. The free shuttle to the train and nearby businesses was helpful and the staff was overall friendly and always ready to assist. The biggest caveat is the cost of getting here from the airports. A cab from Newark airport was $60 with tip, and the train service on weekends or holidays is pretty slow because the transfers don't sync up. As a final note, our room was very quite, and I'm a light sleeper. We faced the grounds, which are quite attractive and housekeeping didn't wake you up at the crack of dawn the way they do in some place. All in all, a very enjoyable stay, and I would compare the rooms to the mid-level Westins in which we usually stay.

• Liked — Gym
  • Disliked — Transportation costs
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!