This is largely a nice hotel. It sits on very attractive grounds, and you can tell that they have made some recent improvements to the rooms and common areas. The rooms are nicely appointed, however very very small. (I booked a deluxe room and suspect that I maybe didn't get one, as it's the size of a shoe box) This property's MAJOR failure is with its staff and service. When I arrived at the property at 1pm, there was absolutely no room available to check in early. That's fine, I asked if I could store my bag and get lunch. The desk agent awkwardly just sort of stared at me, and ultimately said yes, I could store my bag. The bellman, totally within earshot, made no effort to move from behind his podium, and get my bag from me... I had to walk it over to him. I asked the desk agent where I could have lunch. She paused, looked up at the ceiling, and then eventually pulled out a binder from under the desk. She looked at the time, and initially pointed me to the sports bar. I said thank you and began to walk away. She then corrected herself, and said that the "Arrive" restaurant was open for lunch buffet, then at 2pm, the sports bar would open. I thought for a property with only 2 F&B outlets, the front desk agent might know this information without looking it up. My experience at the sports bar was equally flat. I walked in, not acknowledged by anyone. When I saw a server and walked toward her, she said "sit anywhere" as she hurried by me with a tray of drinks. The restaurant was not at all busy, but she seemed very rushed. She brought me a menu, dropped it off, and didn't offer a drink. She later came back to take my drink and food order. I ordered an appetizer and entree, yet the iced tea, appetizer, and entree were all delivered at the same time. No comment nor apology. When she returned with the check, she merely dropped it on the table with a pen and said "Write your name clearly." Wow. Thanks. When I got to my room, and took a shower, I notified the front desk that the showerhead was broken, and the toilet seat was falling off the toilet. Not huge problems, but I'm now in day 4, and have yet to see a maintenance person. The showerhead is still broken, as is the toilet seat. They also offer a local shuttle, which is nice, however, in 4 days it has not once been available when I asked to make a booking. Don't advertise a service you can't offer! Overall, I wouldn't call this hotel a major catastrophe. It's clean and comfortable, but don't expect anyone to treat you nicely, say hello, thank you, or anything to that effect, because it won't happen. At $200 a night for a tiny room, I certainly expect more. Sad, really.
- Also Known As:
- Hamilton Park Hotel Florham Park
- Hamilton Park Hotel And Conference Center
- Hamilton Park Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Florham Park hotel & conference center offering lodging, business meeting facilities, wedding venues and space for special events near Morristown, New York City and Newark Airport in New Jersey. Dine at Arrive or Vanderbilt's Bar & Lounge and take advantage of the hotel's variety of vacation packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Wyndham, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.