“FAMILY FRIENDLY, CLEAN, VERY NICE” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center

You added Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   175 Park Avenue, Florham Park, NJ 07932 (Formerly Hamilton Park Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Florham Park
Chicago, Illinois
“FAMILY FRIENDLY, CLEAN, VERY NICE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights with my wife and kids. I arrived at around 3:00AM and the night auditor was very accommodating with our needs... The room was really nice, beds were big and very comfortable. Bathroom was clean and equipped with everything we needed. The Keurig coffee maker was a plus! Free parking, great location near small shops and restaurants. It's about 30 miles away from NYC so that was the only bad part about our trip but overall, the hotel was great! We were there on Easter Sunday and they even had an easter bunny that took pictures with our kids and they gave out crayons and coloring books to our children!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I went there just for one evening. Hotel was very nice in that they let me into the room even though the room was booked by a friend. Very comfortable bed and showers. If I had to stay in the Morristown area again, I would definitely stay there!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
kajencki33, General Manager at Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
SKCYCLES,

I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We take great pride in our ability to make your time on property as comfortable and effortless as possible. Hamilton Park and all of it's associates would be honored to make our home, your home, while traveling through Morristown and Northern NJ area. Please think of us again!

Chatham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The hotel is located in a nice suburban setting. The room was clean and comfortable. Because of its location, you have to drive or be shuttled to shops and outside of hotel restaurants. There was easy access to the interstate without the noise and traffic.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I went to Hamilton Park for a conference. The place caters well for conference participants, rooms are large with good desks and light. Internet well well, meeting rooms are large and well equipped. Food is plentiful and decent. Clearly a good conference centre and not just one of those minimum security jails that conference planners sometimes choose!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
kajencki33, General Manager at Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Viajeroabido,

Thank you tremendously for the kind words and opinions you have of Hamilton Park. We strive to be the premier conference center in Morris County, NJ and all of the New York / New Jersey Metro area and your feedback reaffirms the tireless efforts of our staff. Like you had mentioned, our goal is to facilitate and enhance the meeting process, not hinder. It seems as though we had accomplished our goal for your specific program. Please let us know if you do have any additional follow up or comments as it seems you do experience a wide range of conference locations and think of us again in the future if you are in the area!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Well.. This is the only hotel in ALL of my many ,many years of travel, there was NO ONE to get my luggage at the front! The doorman just stood there, waiting for me to get closer with all my heavy luggage and then he slowly opened the door.. Without any words..unbelievable!! At the reception they were friendly but with such heavy Caribbean accent that I could barely comprehend. Hotel is spacious, rhough,rooms too..We had luch and the food was really good, above average fast food . But, again, the waiters need training in manners and work ethics. Sleepy eyed , slow and unresponsive. BUT.. For a real shocker-!!- I ordered a room service for wine. Again ,I had to ask for a manager because the person couldnt speak any understandable English..:-(( The manager never even heard about any cheese platter that usually go with an order of wine..??Anyway, when the person delivered Pinot Noir , he just put it there.. When I asked to open , he tried, broke the dry cork and I asked him to return it and get me anew bottle. he brought.. Wait, wait... a cheap wine with a screw top- no cork this time!!!!! I was stunned! $44 for this??? Is he crazy? I sent him back to bring me a regular House Cabernet Sauvinion , hoping it will be a normal cork intact bottle, but alas! He brought same cheap wine.. I just gave up, signed and noticed that I sighed an older bottle for $44 , not the new price for $33. Couldn't explain anything to him, due to his NON English.. , giving up again. This is the most incompetent staff I have Ever seen in a hotel business.Sad... As for buffet breakfast, the waiters were very nice, fast at filling up coffee, friendly. Food was so so.. Some things were from day before.. Almost no whole wheat, only white junkie bread. The best is made to order omelet, even though the cook acts as she is doing you a big favor.I usually don't write such lengthy reviews but was so shocked by this hotel, which is closer to a motel.

Room Tip: If you don't care how you are being treated by staff.., rooms are fine.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
kajencki33, General Manager at Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
WestchesterM0M,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of Hamilton Park. I wanted to formally apologize for the experience you had on our property. We are in this business to serve, entertain, and pamper. After reading your review, it is clear that we did not accomplish any of those goals. I did want to assure you that extensive levels of training are currently underway in room service, as well as the Arrive Dining Room, to prevent any future service laps such as the ones you had experienced.

In regards to your comments regarding the wine and items on our breakfast buffet, I did want you to know that the second bottle that was brought to your room, screw top aside, was a significantly higher rated bottle of Pinot Noir. Our server was simply attempting to offer a form of service recovery for the inconvenience you had experienced. You also have my promise that every item we serve on our All American Breakfast Buffet is in fact prepared each morning, and no item is ever used from the previous days service.

We would love to have you back on property to show you why the service and experience you had is not the norm or standard for our property. We take great pride in the way we treat each and every guest that steps through our doors and we will continue to depend on the high quality of service that has made us so successful to this day. Please reach out to us if you have any further questions or comments regarding your stay.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

no hot water , heating not stabilized , windows not sealed , beds are small and not comfortable, hotel smells bad , walls not soundproof , asked at the front desk for a wake up call and they never called , staff was OK ,
but when i saw they charged me for a refrigerator i think that's crazy never heard of that in my life

Room Tip: tell them you don't want to be ground level !!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Abraham G,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience at Hamilton Park. I apologize for the negative aspects of your stay as these observations are not the norm in terms of review complaints. We would love to hear from you in person to get a better understanding of how and where our product and staff failed to serve you appropriately. Please feel free to reach out to me to discuss so that we may address the physical room issues, as well re-educate and train our staff in service recovery. Have a wonderful day and we look forward to hearing from you.

Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The day of my departure was an experience I will never forget. I had misplaced my purse and could not find it anywhere. The lovely receptionist took my info in-case it showed up. One of the house-men found my purse and delivered it to front desk. My purse along with everything inside was returned to me. I had left the premises already so i did a u-turn and went back for my purse. Its surely a place I will return to. Food is great and its just a beautiful atmosphere.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!