“A first rate hotel in a beautiful setting” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   175 Park Avenue, Florham Park, NJ 07932 (Formerly Hamilton Park Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Extended Weekend Getaway
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Florham Park
Chatham, Massachusetts
“A first rate hotel in a beautiful setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The hotel is located in a nice suburban setting. The room was clean and comfortable. Because of its location, you have to drive or be shuttled to shops and outside of hotel restaurants. There was easy access to the interstate without the noise and traffic.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I went to Hamilton Park for a conference. The place caters well for conference participants, rooms are large with good desks and light. Internet well well, meeting rooms are large and well equipped. Food is plentiful and decent. Clearly a good conference centre and not just one of those minimum security jails that conference planners sometimes choose!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
kajencki33, General Manager at Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Viajeroabido,

Thank you tremendously for the kind words and opinions you have of Hamilton Park. We strive to be the premier conference center in Morris County, NJ and all of the New York / New Jersey Metro area and your feedback reaffirms the tireless efforts of our staff. Like you had mentioned, our goal is to facilitate and enhance the meeting process, not hinder. It seems as though we had accomplished our goal for your specific program. Please let us know if you do have any additional follow up or comments as it seems you do experience a wide range of conference locations and think of us again in the future if you are in the area!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Well.. This is the only hotel in ALL of my many ,many years of travel, there was NO ONE to get my luggage at the front! The doorman just stood there, waiting for me to get closer with all my heavy luggage and then he slowly opened the door.. Without any words..unbelievable!! At the reception they were friendly but with such heavy Caribbean accent that I could barely comprehend. Hotel is spacious, rhough,rooms too..We had luch and the food was really good, above average fast food . But, again, the waiters need training in manners and work ethics. Sleepy eyed , slow and unresponsive. BUT.. For a real shocker-!!- I ordered a room service for wine. Again ,I had to ask for a manager because the person couldnt speak any understandable English..:-(( The manager never even heard about any cheese platter that usually go with an order of wine..??Anyway, when the person delivered Pinot Noir , he just put it there.. When I asked to open , he tried, broke the dry cork and I asked him to return it and get me anew bottle. he brought.. Wait, wait... a cheap wine with a screw top- no cork this time!!!!! I was stunned! $44 for this??? Is he crazy? I sent him back to bring me a regular House Cabernet Sauvinion , hoping it will be a normal cork intact bottle, but alas! He brought same cheap wine.. I just gave up, signed and noticed that I sighed an older bottle for $44 , not the new price for $33. Couldn't explain anything to him, due to his NON English.. , giving up again. This is the most incompetent staff I have Ever seen in a hotel business.Sad... As for buffet breakfast, the waiters were very nice, fast at filling up coffee, friendly. Food was so so.. Some things were from day before.. Almost no whole wheat, only white junkie bread. The best is made to order omelet, even though the cook acts as she is doing you a big favor.I usually don't write such lengthy reviews but was so shocked by this hotel, which is closer to a motel.

Room Tip: If you don't care how you are being treated by staff.., rooms are fine.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
kajencki33, General Manager at Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
WestchesterM0M,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of Hamilton Park. I wanted to formally apologize for the experience you had on our property. We are in this business to serve, entertain, and pamper. After reading your review, it is clear that we did not accomplish any of those goals. I did want to assure you that extensive levels of training are currently underway in room service, as well as the Arrive Dining Room, to prevent any future service laps such as the ones you had experienced.

In regards to your comments regarding the wine and items on our breakfast buffet, I did want you to know that the second bottle that was brought to your room, screw top aside, was a significantly higher rated bottle of Pinot Noir. Our server was simply attempting to offer a form of service recovery for the inconvenience you had experienced. You also have my promise that every item we serve on our All American Breakfast Buffet is in fact prepared each morning, and no item is ever used from the previous days service.

We would love to have you back on property to show you why the service and experience you had is not the norm or standard for our property. We take great pride in the way we treat each and every guest that steps through our doors and we will continue to depend on the high quality of service that has made us so successful to this day. Please reach out to us if you have any further questions or comments regarding your stay.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

no hot water , heating not stabilized , windows not sealed , beds are small and not comfortable, hotel smells bad , walls not soundproof , asked at the front desk for a wake up call and they never called , staff was OK ,
but when i saw they charged me for a refrigerator i think that's crazy never heard of that in my life

Room Tip: tell them you don't want to be ground level !!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Abraham G,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience at Hamilton Park. I apologize for the negative aspects of your stay as these observations are not the norm in terms of review complaints. We would love to hear from you in person to get a better understanding of how and where our product and staff failed to serve you appropriately. Please feel free to reach out to me to discuss so that we may address the physical room issues, as well re-educate and train our staff in service recovery. Have a wonderful day and we look forward to hearing from you.

Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The day of my departure was an experience I will never forget. I had misplaced my purse and could not find it anywhere. The lovely receptionist took my info in-case it showed up. One of the house-men found my purse and delivered it to front desk. My purse along with everything inside was returned to me. I had left the premises already so i did a u-turn and went back for my purse. Its surely a place I will return to. Food is great and its just a beautiful atmosphere.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
monore, nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We look to get away for a night without kids. I booked Hamilton Park Hotel. We loved it there. It was beautiful, and very clean. I cant wait to go back in the summer to enjoy the outdoor restaurant and pool area. It was just a relaxing night away.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
kajencki33, Manager at Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Daniele V,

Hamilton Park Hotel is perfect for a quick escape or romantic getaway! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and please join us this summer to enjoy the beautiful weather at our outdoor pool and bar area. I also want to let you know we are about to start renovation on our fountain courtyard to transition the space into an outdoor banquet function space and patio. Perfect for lounging and relaxing in the sun with a Vanderbilt's signature Hurricane cocktail! We look forward to seeing you soon!

Alex Kajencki
Manager
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Really like this hotel. Stayed here in December 2012. And stayed there again, this past weekend. Rooms are nice, large and modern. Prices are reasonable. Property is centrally located. We have friends in either direction so whenever we want to visit, Hamilton Park is where we stay. Clean, modern, sophisticated ambience. Nice upscale bar. Plenty of amenities. Reasonably price. The feel and look of the property makes you think it will be quite expensive, but it's very well-priced. We will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Boychick,

Welcome back! Thank you for choosing to stay with us again and we are elated to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our staff and management truly appreciate that you make Hamilton Park Hotel your home away from home while visiting friends in Morris County, NJ. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Alex Kajencki
Manager

Been to Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!