“Would not recommend” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Flemington
jossar
“Would not recommend”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

Purchased my room on internet web site and understood to have double occupancy...two of us. Hotel had an substantial amount of available double bed rooms and they would only upgrade to double beds for $$$. Room condition was average and outdated but clean. Unfriendly front desk clerk!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

189 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

I suspect the rooms vary.. as the front desk gentleman ( friendly and helpful)
switched us from our double bed into a room with two beds and more space. He was nice and it was the same rate. Everything was fine,... climate control was a little hard to get comfortable with too hot or chilly.. but not a big deal. The pipes ? Wow, a symphony.. air in the plumbing, it was wild. Must be an older property..didn't bother me as I understand these things since I have an old house too. the attached restaurant is wonderful..didn't go this time, but have in the past.. it has atmosphere, and a very nice menu. I recommend it. free highspeed internet was a plus . outdoor pool

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Columbia, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2009

Horrible sums it up. After a long trip to get there they thought my request for a smoking room was just a suggestion. After clearing that up I made my way to the room. The whole place is run down and dumpy looking. When I got to the room it didn't look like it had been cleaned and had a smell, musty or moldy, to it. Figured it was just 1 night so I'd stick it out. Unpacked a few things and went to the bathroom...NO WATER. Called them and they said "really?, are you sure?". The finally said they would call maintenance and it would be fixed in 20 minutes. Now, if you didn't know it wasn't working, obviously you don't know what is wrong with it, so how can you give a time estimate? They offered another room...NO WATER EITHER.

I also noticed they didn't have fire sprinklers or recent fire detectors in the rooms I saw.

So I left and went to the Hampton Inn down the road...that is where I suggest you go to!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Placencia, Belize
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2009

Don't even bother wasting your time booking this hotel. It is moldy, filthy, and does not have running water! However they will want you to wait while they have their maintenance man fix the problem at 2 am. Never mind the fact that you have to use the bathroom. One room is a maintenance issue. The entire hotel is called not paying your water bill for a few months!! You won't get a refund from them either even though you only wasted an hour of your life there. I cannot believe Ramada is allowing this "hotel" to be a part of their chain. The carpet was sticky and lokked like it hadn't been vacuumed for months. The staff can not understand english either. It took ten minutes for her to understand the sentence, "There is not any running water in our room." She then wanted us to drag our luggae from room to room at 2am checking for water. When we asked for a refund she said she could not give us one. It took another 10 minutes for her to understand that we wanted a recept stating we did not stay at their hotel. We left a stayed at the Hampton Inn. They gave us a discount to compensate for the time, money, and frustration wasted at the Ramanda.

• Stayed September 2009
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2009

I often read other's comments about hotels but rarely comment myself. However, I just returned from a visit to this hotel and felt that I needed to counter the bad reviews this place has gotten. I found the hotel to be just fine- friendly, helpful staff, clean room, fluffy large towels, and NO bugs or roaches. It was also a great value. The cost of my room here was about $50 less than the Hampton Inn down the road. So for my money it was a good place to spend the night. There is also an excellent local restaurant across the street. It's called Jake's- check it out!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
East Stroudsburg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

#1 - filthy and over-priced. Bugs all over, not to mention the pubic hair on the sink!

#2. - Prior to this stay at this Ramada, I've read other reviews that stated they try to charge you twice for your room. They DEFINITELY DO!! I paid through expedia and TWICE during check out they tried to charge me again! Good thing for the reviews, or I wouldn't have been on to their scam!! They play very dumb, but I'm sure they have been in business long enough to be able to READ!

STAY ANYWHERE BUT HERE! IN YOUR CAR, PITCH A TENT! ANYWHERE BUT HERE! GROSS IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Cedar grove, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2008

I worte a review before but i didn't get post it. I stayed at the Ramada Hotel and everything was great. staff r very friendly. room is very clean and the price is great

• Liked — Friendly Staff
  • Disliked — Nothing bad
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Ramada Flemington? Share your experiences!