“nice surprise !” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #70 of 112 Restaurants in Flemington
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, Pasta
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Mangia Bene has been serving Hunterdon County since 1996. Come and enjoy our seafood, steak and para Cuisine or a drink in our bar featuring a large Martini menu, draft beer, wine and tropical drinks. We offer catering on and off premises with a Banquet facility for up to 120.Privately owned.
washington, nj
“nice surprise !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We just got back from Mangia Bene tonight and we had a very nice eperience. Look it's not Orvietto or Vincenzo's but the food is really good. I had Chicken breast in parmesan cheese sauteed with white wine sauce with lemon and capers for dinner... My husbamd had a fish special, cod oreganato over spinach. They were both delicious !! I feel that some of the items were over priced like the specials ... but the apps and pasta prices are in line... If you can get past the Ramada thing... you will really be happy you tried it ! The service was perfect ... The food was really good ... We will go back !!

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Hopewell, New Jersey
“Believe what you read...Great Find (with gluten free options)!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

We have driven by this place for years and completely ignored it due to the fact that it is attached to the Ramada Inn (a place that does not have a great reputation to locals). A friend suggesting we try Mangiabene and after calling to get some information, decided to check it out. We are so happy!

Let me start by saying that the ambiance is simple, but clean and welcoming. They do not have a huge by the glass wine list, so go for the Chianti - it was very good and they give you a healthy pour. Service is very good - friendly and efficient, without being overbearing - they look to the diners for cues. He offered us the specials for the day and let us know that they can make anything from Italian cuisine, so if we don't see it, don't be afraid to ask. The meal was delicious and we are a picky group that lives in an area with an overwhelming number of good Italian restaurants. And for anyone who is gluten-free, I had the best gf penne vodka that I have tasted in 8 years - in fact, I made everyone else taste it because I was afraid they had given me the wrong pasta! All agreed that is was delicious.

We will most certainly go back!

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Flemington, New Jersey, USA
“They need to learn to market...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

Invited by some friends who made the RSVP, this restaurant was terrific, has a liquor license, and excellent food. But it is located in a dumpy hotel and doesn't look like much from the outside. They need to hire a marketing company!

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Outstanding!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

I am writing this review as I am enjoying one of the best Italian meals that I have had! I started my Magia Bene experience with a simple French Martini. It was excellent. The head waiter/bar tender, Giovanni made an excellent drink. No watered down drinks here!!

I ordered the Chicken Saltimboca which you can customize anyway you like (as with all dishes on the menu). I wanted pasta with my entre, which was easily Nd happily accommodated. The chicken was so tender, the dish overall was well seasoned and brought out hot and as ordered. Note, the portions are huge. This could easily fed two people but it is so god that I might just succumb to gluttony and finish the entire dish myself!

Note, that before the entre, Mangia Bene provides fresh, hot bread. Although this is normal for most restaurants, ask for the spicy oil. it's excellent with the bread and s a pleasant change from the normal butter or herb flavored oils.

I also really like the atmosphere. What a great crowd. The setup allows for you to talk easily with others in the restaurant. However, if you want a quiet, intimate dinner, this seems easily accommodated. But I really enjoy the easy, friendly atmosphere.

All in all, I am a very happy patron. I will definitely be back and I'm bringing friends. I can't wait to finish my meal and try dessert!

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Flemington, NJ
“accommodating...even has whole wheat pasta!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

We have eaten here many times, and the food is always excellent. Do not be fooled by the location. We have told many people to try it, and everyone loves it. It is a good find. A good value. They are very accommodating if you have special dietary needs. We do not eat dairy, and they make everything fresh, so they have modified meals for us. Try the whole wheat pasta with broccoli, garlic and white beans....they will make this dish if you request it.

• Visited October 2011