“Not the best diner in the area....” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Annandale, New Jersey
“Not the best diner in the area....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

The Good: The place looks nice. Fancier than most diners.

The Bad: The place is loud. We were seated in the rear of the dining room an it was uncomfortably warm. Typical huge diner menu. We ordered basic diner food and none of it was good. I had meatloaf and mashed potatoes and it wasn't good. The mashed potatoes were from a box, and a bad box at that. My daughter had pancakes and they looked and tasted bad. If a diner can't get pancakes right, it shouldn't be in business. This place better get better or it won't last.

Visited August 2013

FLEMINGTON, NJ
“Hit or Miss at best”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Our family have been to this diner many times. At first service was poor and food was a long wait and cold or dried out. We chalked it up to young employees who were leaning as they went along and they needed to work at a few kinks. The service got better and the food was good with some glitches in some of the dishes. However the strawberry pancakes were always good with fresh cut strawberries and the hamburgers were thick and juicy cooked to perfection and the club sandwiches were very tasty. However the last few times the quality is dwindling.
Today my husband and I went for a nice lunch. I could wait for the wonderful pancakes with the juicy fresh strawberries. WELL INSTEAD I GOT STRAWBERRIES THAT WERE SITTING FOR SO LONG THAT THEY WERE MUSHY AND MOLDY. So I sent it back. I then ordered a California burger. The manager came over and asked me what I order and he was going to over see my order. Well the burger came out. This time the burger was not thick and juicy to fit nicely on a fresh bun. THIS TIME IT WAS FLAT, OVER COOKED TO A FLAT HOCKEY PUCK, THE BUN WAS DRIED OUT OR STALE AND FALLING APART. THIS BURGER WAS SO DRY THAT I COULD NOT EAT IT. TRUST ME BURGER KING OR MCDONALDS BURGER WOULD HAVE BEEN A BETTER CHOICE (AND i DON'T EAT FAST FOOD)
I AM TRULY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE DECLINE OF THE QUALITY CONTROL AND THE BAIT AND SWITCH WITH MENU ITEMS ( GIVING BETTER QUALITY FOOD IN THE OPENING THEN CHANGING THE FOOD TO A LOWER QUALITY OF FOOD). SHAME ON THEM. UNLESS I HEAR OTHERWISE I WILL NOT BE VISIT THIS DINER AGAIN.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Flemington, New Jersey
“Not so good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is my third time there and I'm going with the three strike rule. This time I orderd a Chef salad to go and that is what I got but as for quality its just not there. The salad was $12 and the lettuce was brown and there was a long black hair in it. On the other visits we have had similar issues. It was a long wait for it to open and what a disappointment!!!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
new jersey
“what you want in a diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Good comfort food, great decor, friendly, always glad to see you.service is prompt and pleasant. Always busy.....but
accomodating.very clean

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Nice diner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Ate at the diner twice so far; once for breakfast and once for lunch. There is a large selection of food to choose from and everything I ordered was good. Service is quick and the atmosphere is nice, although rather loud depending on where you are seated. All in all, it's diner food ... so if diner food is what you want, this is the place to go if you're in Flemington/Raritan.

• Visited May 2013